"How to replace value of password tag in xml with blanks when special characters are there?"

Post #302958960 by Corona688 on Tuesday 27th of October 2015 03:13:12 PM

You could do almost the same thing in gsub:

Code:
gsub(/<password>.*<\/password>/, "<password><\/password>");

Test Your Knowledge in History
Difficulty: Easy
The Cold War ended with Joseph Stalin's death.
True or False?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing special characters between C and XML..

Hi, I am getting problem in parsing special characters(Like &, > or <) in XML. I need to encode my C program and send in report format to another interface which is in XML format. I do not know how to encode these special characters in C program before sending to XML format. Please help !! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ronix007
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing password having special characters

Hi I have a password stored in a file (which is a user input) The password is having the special character $ say the password is pw$ord and is stored in the file pw_note I am using the following statement to store the passowrd in a variable $schema_pwd = `cat $dir/pwd_note` ; Now if i print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace characters with spaces between tag

I have a file where in some records are having the <Start> and <End> tag. There is data before the start tag , between the tages and after the End tag. I want to replace everything between the start & end tag with equivalent spaces. Input File afsdfaksddfs<start>12678<end>sgdfgdfsf... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrbs
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

5. AIX

special characters in front of xml declaration

Hi I read xml files through mq and placed them on unix by using datastage as tool. I can see some special characters infront of declaration part for every xml file i have produced. below is the sample snippet when i opened the file by suing vi editor ^Z^E|^A^Z^Z<?xml version="1.0"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace special characters?

Hi Unix Guru, I have an requirement for replace some specail characters in a file, my file came from mainframe. please see below example: when open it with vi 17896660|89059215|04/24/1998 00:00:00.000000| abc 123-453-1312^M<85>^M<85>|124557 if I run cat -v I got following:... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
25 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out special characters from xml file

Hi....I have a xml file which is having lots of special characters which I need to find out and put the distinct list of those into a text file. The list of special characters is not specific, it can be anything at different point of time. Can anyone help me to find out the same and list out? ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krishanu Saha
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to replace XML TAG

As per the requirement I need to replace XML tag with old to new on one of the XML file. Old<com : DEM>PHI</com : DEM> New<com : DEM>PHM</com : DEM> Please someone provide the sed command to replace above mentioned old XML tag with new XML tag (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva83
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and replace after xml tag

Hi All, I'm new to sed. In following XML file <interface type='direct'> <mac address='52:54:00:86:ce:f6'/> <source dev='eno1' mode='bridge'/> <model type='virtio'/> <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/> </interface> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrapelly
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving XML tag/contents after specific XML tag within same file

Hi Forum. I have an XML file with the following requirement to move the <AdditionalAccountHolders> tag and its content right after the <accountHolderName> tag within the same file but I'm not sure how to accomplish this through a Unix script. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
19 Replies
yppasswd(1yp)															     yppasswd(1yp)

Name
       yppasswd - change password in yellow pages (YP) service.

Syntax
       yppasswd [ name ]

Description
       The  command lets you change your password in the yellow pages (YP) map, a network data base service.  Only you or the superuser can change
       your YP password.

When you enter the command, the program prompts you for the old password and then for the new password. Note that  the  passwords  are  not
       displayed on the screen.

Next,  the  program asks you for the new password again, to verify that you have typed it correctly.  If you do not type the passwords cor-
       rectly, you will receive an error message after you enter the new password.

Your new YP password must meet one of the following requirements:

o It must be a combination of at least six alphanumeric characters, or

o It must be a minimum of four characters, with at least one being non-alphanumeric, such as a control sequence.
       The command does not change the YP password.  This command only changes the local password file and not the YP master password  file.   See
       Chapter 3 of the Guide to the Yellow Pages Service for further information.

Diagnostics
       Please use a longer password
       Your new password does not meet the minimum length requirement.

Mismatch- password unchanged
       You misspelled your new password or its verification.

couldn't change passwd
       Your new password can not be activated. It must be different from your old password and your login name.

Files
       Password file

Yellow Pages directory

See Also
       passwd(1), passwd(5yp), ypfiles(5yp), yppasswdd(8yp)
       Guide to the Yellow Pages Service

yppasswd(1yp)

Featured Tech Videos