Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Percentage calculation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Percentage calculation Post 302958363 by RudiC on Wednesday 21st of October 2015 01:55:40 PM
Old 10-21-2015
Try also (no error checking included):
Code:
awk     '
BEGIN           {ENG = "BKMGT"
                 for (i=split (ENG, UN, ""); i>0; i--) EXP[UN[i]]=i-1
                }

function NBR(NUMSTR)    {NUMSTR=toupper(NUMSTR)
                         match (NUMSTR, "[" ENG "]")
                         return substr(NUMSTR,1,RSTART-1) * 1024 ^ EXP[substr(NUMSTR, RSTART,1)]
                        }

NR==1           {print $0, "percent"
                 next
                }

{printf "%s\t %.2f%%\n", $0, 100 * NBR($3) / NBR($2)
                }
' OFS="\t" file

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

percentage by line

hi, I am new to awk.. and getting used to the scripts. I have a small data set 5 coulms.. 16 rows. 1) I am trying to remove the percentages of each line of colum 3..like first line divided the sum of colum 3 divided by 100 and print it out. removing hte percentages of each line I would really... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockiefx
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk percentage

how would you calculate percentage by per line? Given a column of 16 lines, grab each line and divide it by the sum of the entire column and multiply by 100? thanks ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockiefx
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i calculate percentage ??

i have 3 files like total.dat=18 equal.dat=14 notequal.dat=16 i need find the equal percentange means: equalpercentage = ($equal.dat / $total.dat * 100) How i can do this ? I tried some of the answers to calculate the percentage in this forums.but it couldn't worked.Some one please... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

percentage

How to calculate percentage of two values in unix. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed percentage calculation

Hi all i have a text file with columns delimited with , 2010-08-18,10,24,.09751,39,7,14872,26732 . . . i would to add a extra column in the end with percentage calculation of columns 5 and 8 ie (39/26732)*100 so the output must look like ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: posner
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Percentage Calculation in Decimal

Hi, I have two variable and I need to calculate the percentage of them. Example: (b-a)*100/b How can I do it? I need to do it till 2 decimal point. (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Percentage calculation

i am trying to get percentage : but not able to do it: i tried : x=1 y=2 z=`expr $x/$y*100` it is not giving me result can u pls help on this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to monitor OS in percentage

Hi, I am looking for generic commands / scripts that could run across platforms especially on HP Itanium boxes to give me % of free OS parameters For eg: Free Total Memory RAM : 20 % Free Total Swap Memory: 35% Free Total CPU utilisation: 44% Free Disk Space: /appl = 55%... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate Percentage

Hello, Ive got a bunch of numbers here e.g: 6065 6094 6348 6297 6161 6377 6338 6290 How do I find out if there is a difference between 10% or more between one of these numbers ? I am trying to do this in Bash.. but no luck so far.. Does anyone have an Idea ?? Thanx, - Pascal... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: denbekker
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk percentage calculation from a file

i have a file say test with the below mentioned details Folder Name Total space Space used /test/test1 500.1GB 112.0 GB /test/test2 3.2 TB 5TB /test/test3 3TB 100GB i need to calculate percentage of each row based on total space and space used and copy... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
9 Replies