Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HMC Upgrade
Operating Systems AIX HMC Upgrade Post 302957231 by agent.kgb on Thursday 8th of October 2015 10:26:43 AM
Old 10-08-2015
DO IT!

There is a known problem, very rare, but nevertheless. If you have 2 different 7.x HMC versions in dual-HMC configuration and some specific firmware levels on your servers, you can loose the configuration of the managed system. If you are not so risky, do what IBM says ;-) And first do a backup of all your profiles.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Hmc

Well i am right now working on an IBM P550 risc server with an HMC connected.. The server has 2 logical partitions (Lpar). both lpar is having Aix 5.3 installed. Now I have a doubt.. is it possible to have Aix in one lpar and windows 2003 in another.. cheers Bala (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
4 Replies

2. AIX

Hmc

Hello everybody, had a question. Iam having a p650 box here, System Model: IBM,7038-6M2 Machine Serial Number: 1078DCC managed system - 1 which has 2 lpars on it i added memory to the box(made sure that memory added was in proper quads and was verified by a CE) after i rebooted the box, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
4 Replies

3. AIX

hmc not rebooting

Anyone faced this? I rebooted the HMC through command line after patch installation (hmcshutdown -t now -r) The strange thing happened was the hmc never rebooted, I was not able to connect it through graphical view or through ssh, but the session through which i issued the command was still... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

4. AIX

HMC uptime

Hey guys!! Was tring to figure out how to find the uptime of an HMC? Any clue Bala (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. AIX

Hmc uptime

HELLO ALL HOW CAN I CHECK HMC UPTIME :confused: :confused: VERSION 6 :D (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalaso
7 Replies

6. AIX

HMC commands

Hi anybody know how to dynamically add a virtual ethernet to a running LPAR using the HMC CLI? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwright84
4 Replies

7. AIX

Upgrade AIX without HMC

Hi all, i would like to know if it's possible upgrade AIX 5.3 to 6.1 on a LPAR without use the HMC. so i would like to know if i must use the console to do it or i can do all from the up&running system on LPAR. Thanks in advance. Mario (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
4 Replies

8. AIX

HMC Upgrade Question

I have an HMC that I'm looking to upgrade from V7.3.4.0 SP2 to the latest version V7.7.6.0. I'm looking at the firmware levels of the systems attached to this HMC, and all of the systems have compatible firmware revisions but there are two that have been update recently and the platform IPL level... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: acascianelli
10 Replies
FENCE_AGENT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    FENCE_AGENT(8)

NAME
fence_vmware_soap - Fence agent for VMWare over SOAP API DESCRIPTION
fence_vmware_soap is an I/O Fencing agent which can be used with the virtual machines managed by VMWare products that have SOAP API v4.1+. Name of virtual machine (-n / port) has to be used in inventory path format (e.g. /datacenter/vm/Discovered virtual machine/myMachine). In the cases when name of yours VM is unique you can use it instead. Alternatively you can always use UUID to access virtual machine. fence_vmware_soap accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. Fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_vmware_soap can be run by itself with command line options. This is useful for testing and for turning outlets on or off from scripts. Vendor URL: http://www.vmware.com PARAMETERS
-a, --ip=[ip] IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. -l, --username=[name] Login Name This parameter is always required. -p, --password=[password] Login password or passphrase -z, --ssl SSL connection -t, --notls Disable TLS negotiation -n, --plug=[id] Physical plug number, name of virtual machine or UUID This parameter is always required. -u, --ipport=[port] TCP/UDP port to use (default 80, 443 if --ssl TCP/UDP port to use for connection with device (Default Value: 80) -4, --inet4-only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only -6, --inet6-only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only -S, --password-script=[script] Script to retrieve password --ssl-secure SSL connection with verifying fence device's certificate --ssl-insecure SSL connection without verifying fence device's certificate -o, --action=[action] Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) -v, --verbose Verbose mode -D, --debug-file=[debugfile] Write debug information to given file -V, --version Display version information and exit -h, --help Display help and exit -C, --separator=[char] Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) --power-timeout=[seconds] Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) --shell-timeout=[seconds] Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) --login-timeout=[seconds] Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 5) --power-wait=[seconds] Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) --delay=[seconds] Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) --retry-on=[attempts] Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) ACTIONS
on Power on machine. off Power off machine. reboot Reboot machine. status This returns the status of the plug/virtual machine. list List available plugs with aliases/virtual machines if there is support for more then one device. Returns N/A otherwise. monitor Check the health of fence device metadata Display the XML metadata describing this resource. STDIN PARAMETERS
ipaddr IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. login Login Name This parameter is always required. passwd Login password or passphrase ssl SSL connection notls Disable TLS negotiation port Physical plug number, name of virtual machine or UUID This parameter is always required. ipport TCP/UDP port to use for connection with device (Default Value: 80) inet4_only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only inet6_only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only passwd_script Script to retrieve password ssl_secure SSL connection with verifying fence device's certificate ssl_insecure SSL connection without verifying fence device's certificate action Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) verbose Verbose mode debug Write debug information to given file version Display version information and exit help Display help and exit separator Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) power_timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) shell_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) login_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 5) power_wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) retry_on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) fence_vmware_soap (Fence Agent) 2009-10-20 FENCE_AGENT(8)