Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Subdomain is not working, debian, apache Post 302957145 by Corona688 on Wednesday 7th of October 2015 12:30:24 PM
Old 10-07-2015
Did you restart apache after changing the config file?

/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find subdomain in url

I want to find out subdomains in the url using shell script. e.g narendra.eukhost.com abc.domainname.co.uk I want to extract narendra & abc from the above urls. Please any one can suggest idea or script ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrbhole
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

MX record for a subdomain

Hi all, I have problem regarding public subdomain delegation i have created an A record for subzone in BIND on a machine running Solaris10 Sparc to point to another machine running win2k3 as follows sub.domain.tld and www.sub.domain.tld now i want to add an MX record for mail routing for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to grep a subdomain

When I try to grep a subdomain having three dots("."), I am getting another fully qualified domain also that looks same as the sub domain but with hyphen("-") in the place of dot(".") I just need the first result. Please help me... grep abcd.efg.xyz.info /etc/named.conf zone... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: an00p
15 Replies

4. Debian

Iomega ix2-200 Custom Debian - Autostart script in init.d not Working

!!Hello Everyone!! I Recently purchased a Iomega iX2-200 NAS that runs a custom debian installed by Iomega (Linux Debian 5.0.2 ( 2.6.22.18 armv5tejl)) . I have SSH access. I installed Transmission since the factory installed torrents manager that Iomega uses is terrible. Transmission-daemon... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stejimenez
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Apache to Tomcat forwarding not working properly

Hi, I am facing some problem with Apache to Tomcat forwarding. I have Tomcat (6.0.18) behind Apache (2.2). I want to use ‘https' for receiving request from the client. This request, when forwarded by Apache to Tomcat, will use ‘http'. My application's name is ‘abc', which is deployed in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Technext
1 Replies

6. Linux

Apache/2.2.25 VirtualHost not working

I am having problems in implementing the virtual hosts here in my server. I have this one cloud dev server: Amazon Linux AMI release 2013.03 (based on RHEL like CentOS) with Apache 2.2.25 installed and I'm trying to create 2 virtual hosts: test-kalc.tk and test2-kalc.tk. If I go to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpdoria
2 Replies

7. Linux

Chrome browser no longer working on my debian lenny 5

Hi All, My chrome browser was working correctly on my Debian Lenny 5 PC..Today i downloaded the version from google and tried to install the deb from command line as follows: dpkg -i <latest-chrome-package> The installation failed but now my existing old chrome browser is not starting. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Apache chown on its files not working

Hello, My apache user generate one file : # ls -lsa /tmp/reference_file.csv 76 -rwxrwxrwx 1 apache apache 69921 Aug 16 14:14 tmp/reference_file.csv the user and the group belong to apache, but when i am trying to change it : su -l apache -s /bin/bash -bash-3.00$ whoami apache... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cterra
7 Replies

9. Linux

Apache wildcard ssl on subdomain serves same page for non ssl virtualhosts

Issue observed: I have configured ng.my-site.com using widlcard ssl cert. When I hit https://www.my-site.com it loads ng.my-site.com website! please advise if I missed any concept / configs... Thank you! httpd.conf <VirtualHost *:80> ServerName www.my-site.com ServerAdmin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
0 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Apache not working

I have installed apache2 on ubuntu 16.00 and checked the logs and no errors apt list --installed | grep apache2 WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts. apache2/xenial-updates,xenial-security,now 2.4.18-2ubuntu3.5 amd64 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DOkuwa
0 Replies
pidfilehack(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    pidfilehack(8)

NAME
pidfilehack - work around daemons that always fork SYNOPSIS
pidfilehack servicename pidfile command [parameters] DESCRIPTION
pidfilehack is used to work around daemons that insist on forking into the background, but that do write a correct pid file. pidfilehack forks the actual service, then waits for the pidfile to be written. Once it can read the pid from the pidfile it will tell minit the real pid and quit. USAGE
usually pidfilehack is symlinked as run command of a service. servicename the name of the service pidfilehack is installed for. pidfile the filename to read the pid from command the real command to start parameters additional parameters for the command A typical use of this command will look like this: /etc/minit/apache /etc/minit/apache/params apache /var/run/apache.pid apachectl start /etc/minit/apache/run -> /sbin/pidfilehack AUTHOR
minit was written by Felix von Leitner and can be downloaded from his page at http://www.fefe.de/minit/ This manpage was written by Erich Schubert <erich@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux operating system. SEE ALSO
msvc(8), pidfilehack(8) pidfilehack(8)