Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File filter script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File filter script Post 302956995 by RavinderSingh13 on Tuesday 6th of October 2015 01:34:08 AM
Old 10-06-2015
Hello my_Perl,

You could try following for same.
Code:
awk '($0 !~ /</ && $0 !~ />/)' Input_file

Output will be as follows.
Code:
Relative Size Capital
Los , Monday
The first para consists of this format.have fully
Meanwhile, the rest of the story are in the XML format as in the present document format.

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

filter parts of a big file using awk or sed script

I need an assistance in file generation using awk, sed or anything... I have a big file that i need to filter desired parts only. The objective is to select (and print) the report # having the string "apple" on 2 consecutive lines in every report. Please note that the "apple" line has a HEX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apalex
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data

hi all, I have this file with some user data. example: $cat myfile.txt FName|LName|Gender|Company|Branch|Bday|Salary|Age aaaa|bbbb|male|cccc|dddd|19900814|15000|20| eeee|asdg|male|gggg|ksgu|19911216||| aara|bdbm|male|kkkk|acke|19931018||23| asad|kfjg|male|kkkc|gkgg|19921213|14000|24|... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimal
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filter required data from file using bash script?

Hi All , I have one file like below , Owner name = abu2-kxy-m29.hegen.app Item_id = AX1981, special_id = *NULL*, version = 1 Created = 09/01/2010 12:56:56 (1283389016) Enddate = 03/31/2011 00:00:00 (1301554800) From the above file I need to get the output in the below format ,i need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnanasekar_beem
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to filter by date

Hello, I currently have the need to perform backup, naming the file by date. How do I get the script, you can choose the most current file or current date and then upload it? My script is related to this topic that is already closed. Read Post Can anyone help me? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdegenaro
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script - filter txt file full of ips

Hello again gentlemen. I would like to make a shell script to 'optimize' a plain text full of IPs. Let's suppose to have this text file: 1.192.63.253-1.192.63.253 1.0.234.46/32 1.1.128.0/17 1.116.0.0/14 1.177.1.157-1.177.1.157 1.23.22.19 1.192.61.0-1.192.61.99 8.6.6.6 I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: accolito
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter records in a huge text file from a filter text file

Hi Folks, I have a text file with lots of rows with duplicates in the first column, i want to filter out records based on filter columns in a different filter text file. bash scripting is what i need. Data.txt Name OrderID Quantity Sam 123 300 Jay 342 498 Kev 78 2500 Sam 420 50 Vic 10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to filter records in a zip file that contains matching columns from another file

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question. I have two files. file1.zip, file2 Input: file1.zip col1, col2 , col3 a , b , 0:0:0:0:0:c436:9346:d40b x, y, 0:0:0:0:0:880:39f9:c9a7 m, n , 0:0:0:0:0:80c7:9161:fe00 file2.txt col1 c4:36:93:46:d4:0b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil.v
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter line in a script

Hi Team, I am trying hard to find a way I can filter a line as below: If I have a line as /abc /def 123:/ghi /jkl 456:/mno /pqrs 7890:/tuvw /xyz I am expecting my output to be as below: /abc /def /jkl /pqrs /xyz basically I want to ignore anything preceding or succeeding colon... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SiddhVi
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to filter certain lines from a file

hi~ i need script on AIX. and have a text file following : create aa 1 2 3 from a@a; create bb from b; create cc 3 4 5 6 6 7 from c@c; (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomato00
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)