Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Retrieving names of files in a dir without overlapping Post 302956990 by Pradhikshan on Tuesday 6th of October 2015 12:21:18 AM
Old 10-06-2015
Please find the screenshot of names retrieved in the file. I have highlighted the overlapped line.
Retrieving names of files in a dir without overlapping-savejpg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Special meaning characters in dir names

Hello, I've had a daemon go a little bit mental and create directories using somments from a config file. The end result is I've ended up with directories with names such as #, 5625), (5725 etc etc etc... However, when I try and delete them I get syntax errors, ( not expected, rmdir #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JWilliams
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recursively check the file/dir names

Hi, ' recgrep find . | xargs grep ' is used to scan the contents recursively. I have a different requirement. I need to scan just the names and check for a pattern and display with fullpath. Is that already available? Closest that I am trying is 'ls -R | grep pattern' Here I would get multiple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eagercyber
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

substrings from all files incl subdirs into csv with dir names

Greetings! I have multiple files, one per subdirectory, all with the same file name. All subdirectories are one level deep from the main directory. The data in the files is tab delimited between fields and record delimited with a newline. The subdirectory names have the date in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vtischuk@yahoo.
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: Retrieving names of variables passed with -v

I'm an experienced awk user, but this one has me stumped. I have an awk script which is called from a UNIX command line as you'd expect: myscript.awk -v foo=$1 -v bar=$2 filename My question is this: is there a mechanism for determining the names of the -v variables within a script? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Mac
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying dir (and sub dir) file names from ftp server to txt file in diff server

Hey all, i want to copy only the file names from an ftp server (directory and all sub directory) to a text file in another server (non ftp), i.e. i want to recursively move through directories and copy only the names to a text file. any help is appreciated...thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deking
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get dir names.

Hi, i have a directory and sub directory`s inside. i want to take all the files name and add them into array. for example : $ ls Debug script.c src typescript $ Array = Debug Array= scripts.c Array = src Array = typescript. Thanks for the help. Or. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orushw
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding overlapping names in different txt files

Dear Gurus, I have 57 tab-delimited different text files, each one containing entries in 3 columns. The first column in each file contains names of objects. Some names are present in more than one file. I would like to find those names and store them in a separate text file, preferably with a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming File Names in a folder/Dir

Hi Team, I'm new to Unix shell scripting . I've the following requirement A folder contains the list of files with the following format ab.name.11.first ab.name.12.second ab.name.13.third ---------- I have to rename the above file to like below ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning the names from overlapping regions

I have 2 files; file 1 having smaller positions that overlap with the positions with positions in file2. file1 aaa 20 22 apple aaa 18 25 banana aaa 12 30 grapes aaa 22 25 melon file2 aaa 18 26 cdded aaa 10 35 abcde I want to get something like this output aaa 18 26 cdded banana... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify the overlapping and non overlapping regions

file1 chr pos1 pos2 pos3 pos4 1)chr1 1000 2000 3000 4000 2)chr1 1380 1480 6800 7800 3)chr1 6700 7700 1200 2200 4)chr2 8500 9500 5670 6670 file2 chr pos1 pos2 pos3 pos4 1)chr2 8500 9500 5000 6000 2)chr1 6700 7700 1200 2200 3)chr1 1380 1480 6700 7700 4)chr1 1000 2000 4900 5900 I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: data_miner
2 Replies
GNOME-SCREENSHOT(1)													       GNOME-SCREENSHOT(1)

NAME
gnome-screenshot - capture the screen, a window, or an user-defined area and save the snapshot image to a file. SYNOPSIS
gnome-screenshot [ -c ] [ -w ] [ -a ] [ -b ] [ -B ] [ -p ] [ -d SECONDS ] [ -e EFFECT ] [ -i ] [ -f FILENAME ] [ --display DISPLAY ] DESCRIPTION
gnome-screenshot is a GNOME utility for taking screenshots of the entire screen, a window or an user-defined area of the screen, with optional beautifying border effects. OPTIONS
-c, --clipboard Send the grab directly to the clipboard. -w, --window Grab the current active window instead of the entire screen. -a, --area Grab an area of the screen instead of the entire screen. -b, --include-border Include the window border within the screenshot. -B, --remove-border Remove the window border from the screenshot. -p, --include-pointer Include the pointer with the screenshot. -d, --delay=SECONDS, Take the screenshot after the specified delay [in seconds]. -e, --border-effect=EFFECT, Add an effect to the outside of the screenshot border. EFFECT can be ``shadow'' (adding drop shadow), ``border'' (adding rectangu- lar space around the screenshot) or ``none'' (no effect). Default is ``none''. -i, --interactive Interactively set options in a dialog. -f, --file=FILENAME Save screenshot directly to this file. --display=DISPLAY X display to use. -?, -h, --help Show a summary of the available options. In addition, the usual GTK+ command line options apply. See the output of --help for details. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christian Marillat <marillat@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Updated by Theppitak Karoonboonyanan <thep@linux.thai.net>, Tom Feiner <feiner.tom@gmail.com>, Cosimo Cecchi <cosimoc@gnome.org> and oth- ers. May 14, 2013 GNOME-SCREENSHOT(1)