Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Leaving directory Error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Leaving directory Error Post 302956867 by hergp on Monday 5th of October 2015 05:09:11 AM
Old 10-05-2015
OK, please post the output of
Code:
ls -ld /usr/local/share/man/man1
ls -l /usr/local/share/man/man1/miranda.1

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching a file withoug leaving home directory!!

hello there ! I am in my current working directory, and i want search a file in "dev" directory which is under root(/), but i donot want leave my current working directory. is it possible to find file like that ? let us say i am in /home/bin/user/malik/abid directory and i want find a file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
2 Replies

2. Solaris

leaving ALOM mode

Some netra 240 machines went into ALOM mode, and when I issue the command; sc> console it got stuck, does it mean Solaris OS had crashed ? or what can I do to reboot,because reboot is not starting? And advice ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xramm
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete all rows but leaving first and last ones

Hello, Merry Christmas to all! I wish you the best for these holidays and the best for the next year 2011. I'd like your help please, I need to delete all the rows in the third column of my file, but without touching nor changing the first and last value position, this is an example of my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gery
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Leaving for loop on condition

hi all, i have a problem...no dream :-) i want to scan a file i use the loop famous while read line do do < myfile but this scan must finish when find the another string . How can i do it? best regards for all. Francesco Please use descriptive subjects. "script." doesn't tell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: FrancescoIt
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Leaving last 30 lines

If we want to display lines from file leaving last 30 lines. i dont know the count of lines in file (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
14 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to compare file leaving certain filelds?

How to compare two files leaving certain fields, using diff command the entire file is being compared. Can any one please help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
5 Replies

7. Web Development

Directory index forbidden by Options directive error on specific directory with indexing disabled

I am seeing the following error appear numerous times in my Apache error log: I have my Apache config configured as below, so I would expect indexing not to occur on this directory as it falls under the parent /web directory. Strangely all the IP address, including this example, all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: crmpicco
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Leaving space inside sed

Hi Gurus, I have 2 files File1 : veg apple ap pl le end veg orange or an ge end File2: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadanabalan
2 Replies
DH_LINK(1)							     Debhelper								DH_LINK(1)

NAME
dh_link - create symlinks in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_link [debhelperoptions] [-A] [-Xitem] [sourcedestination...] DESCRIPTION
dh_link is a debhelper program that creates symlinks in package build directories. dh_link accepts a list of pairs of source and destination files. The source files are the already existing files that will be symlinked from (called target by ln(1)). The destination files are the symlinks that will be created (called link name by ln(1)). There must be an equal number of source and destination files specified. Be sure you do specify the absolute path to both the source and destination files (unlike you would do if you were using something like ln(1)). Please note that the leading slash is optional. dh_link will generate symlinks that comply with Debian policy - absolute when policy says they should be absolute, and relative links with as short a path as possible. It will also create any subdirectories it needs to put the symlinks in. Any pre-existing destination files will be replaced with symlinks. dh_link also scans the package build tree for existing symlinks which do not conform to Debian policy, and corrects them (v4 or later). FILES
debian/package.links Lists pairs of source and destination files to be symlinked. Each pair should be put on its own line, with the source and destination separated by whitespace. In each pair the source file (called target by ln(1)) comes first and is followed by the destination file (called link name by ln(1)). Thus the pairs of source and destination files in each line are give in the same order as they would be given to ln(1). In contrast to ln(1), source and destination paths must be absolute (the leading slash is optional). OPTIONS
-A, --all Create any links specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on, not just the first. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude symlinks that contain item anywhere in their filename from being corrected to comply with Debian policy. source destination ... Create a file named destination as a link to a file named source. Do this in the package build directory of the first package acted on. (Or in all packages if -A is specified.) EXAMPLES
dh_link usr/share/man/man1/foo.1 usr/share/man/man1/bar.1 Make bar.1 be a symlink to foo.1 dh_link var/lib/foo usr/lib/foo usr/share/man/man1/foo.1 usr/share/man/man1/bar.1 Make /usr/lib/foo/ be a link to /var/lib/foo/, and bar.1 be a symlink to the foo.1 var/lib/foo usr/lib/foo usr/share/man/man1/foo.1 usr/share/man/man1/bar.1 Same as above but as content for a debian/package.links file. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_LINK(1)