Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy multiple .txt files from one server to another server Post 302956664 by karmegam on Thursday 1st of October 2015 06:47:01 PM
Old 10-01-2015
Hi Don First of thank you for your reply.
you have mentioned
Code:
mget [A-R].txt

which indicates can select multiple fiels. As i have mentioned, in the source directory i have additional files apart from A-R.txt so as you mentioned should i need to give the command as like
Code:
mget A.txt B.txt to R.txt 
               or
      mget A,B,..R.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from remote server to local server

Hi, I am facing a weired problem in my FTP script. I want to transfer multiple files from remote server to local server everyday, using mget * in my script. I also, want to send an email for successful or failed FTP. My script works for file transfer, but it don't send any mail. There is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy files from remote server (B) to target server (A)?

Hi All, what is the comand to log off the remote server? I have 2 servers A, B. I need to find all files older than 7 days on server B and copy over to server A. My logic is: login the remote server: ================= ssh hostB cd /data/test find . -mtime -7 -ls | awk '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer0705
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from remote server

Hi Friends, Could you please help me as per my requirement mentioned below ? I have to copy files from one unix server to another unix server, and the files that i need to copy from the remote server are only those which are modified/created Today from abc directory on the remote server (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramask
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy file from one server to multiple server

can some one help me to write a shell script that copy one file from one server to multiple server ex:suppose i wnt to copy file abc.txt which is in server 1 to server2,server3,server4....:confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best way to Copy Files From One server to another server

Hi , I have two servers say server A and server B. I am generating some files in server A which I have to copy to Server B,what will be the best option and why it is better than the other( as I have to copy more than 3 GB data files daily) 1.FTP - I can't use FTP bcoz it's not allowed due to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wangkc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from one server to one server

Hi, I'm new to shell script..I have one requriement like - In one server have more than one files,I want to ftp those files to some otehr server.. Ex : test1.pdf test2.pdf Please suggest me how to do (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkaswa
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy folder and files from unix server to linux server

We would be migrating unix solaries to Linux redhat. Basically source is unix and target is linux. i would like to copy entire file system unix/source/* to target linux/souce/* but target linux has only folder setup so what ever files copied need to be placed in the linux server with same... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajikalai
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files from Linux server to Windows server

Hi All, I am generating report in a Linux server and once the report is generated the report(.txt file) needs to be automatically saved in a Windows servers. So i am looking for a script to transfer the file automatically from Linux server to Windows server? Please advise. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to copy a file from one server to anther server and execute the binary

Hi , Is there any script to copy a files (weblogic bianary + silent.xml ) from one server (linux) to another servers and then execute the copy file. We want to copy a file on multiple servers and run the installation. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nawrajesh
1 Replies
webmin(1m)																webmin(1m)

NAME
webmin - A httpd based system administration tool. DESCRIPTION
webmin(1m) consists of a main server daemon, CGI and PERL files to perform the operations, and configuration files to manage site-specific information. FILES
The following files specify the installation locations for webmin: /etc/webmin Contains server and module configuration files. A newly-installed or upgraded server must be configured before use. This is handled by the webminsetup(1m) script. A running server can be reconfigured through the web interface. Configuration files should not be modified directly. /var/webmin Default location for the webmin log files SECURITY
webmin(1m) uses pam(3PAM) with the service name webmin for authentication and account management. FAULT MANAGEMENT RESOURCE IDENTIFIER
svc:/application/management/webmin:default ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWwebminr, | | | SUNWwebminu | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+-----------------+ SEE ALSO
webminsetup(1m), attributes(5) http://www.webmin.com NOTES
In addition to the documentation and man pages included with Solaris, more information is available at http://www.webmin.com 30 Oct 2004 webmin(1m)