Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Creating file systems (LVM v Multipath) Post 302956490 by blackrageous on Wednesday 30th of September 2015 12:48:59 PM
Old 09-30-2015
What exactly did your system administrator give you and why didn't the system administrator create the file system. Do you have root access?

What does sudo vgdisplay show?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating user ids on multiple systems simultaneously

I am trying to think of a way to create user ids on multiple Linux systems in one fell swoop without logging onto each system indivually. Is there a way to do this with ssh commands? I don't want to use NIS/LDAP solution just a simple shell script utilitarian methodoloy would suffice. Also, I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darthur
1 Replies

2. Programming

Creating a Unique ID on distributed systems

Hi, How do you actually create a unique ID on a distributed system. I looked at gethostid but the man page says that its not guaranteed to be unique. Also using the IP address does not seem to be a feasible solution. Is there a function call or mechanism by which this is possible when even the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pic
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating create mirrored disk files systems using mkfs command

What is the correct mkfs syntax to create mirrored disk files systems? I need to make the file system 20gb. For example: machine# mkfs -F ufs /dev/md/dsk/d40 size not specified ufs usage: mkfs special size(sectors) \ -m : dump fs cmd line used to make this partition -V : print this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GLJ@USC
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Data Recovery from file system overwritten with LVM.

Hey peeps, Here is somethin u might find interestin.... Is it possible to recover data from a partition which used to be an ext3 file sytem with some nice forgotten backups, which now is an lvm partion containg root partition of another OS. :) I couldn't create any mess better than this, can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to reduce LVM to create another LVM

Hi, I'm new to HP-UX. I have LVM on /var with 92Gig. I would like to reduce it to create another LVM for Oracle client with 800 meg or so. How to do it. I'm running 11.iv3 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

6. Linux

Creating Filesystem using DD for LVM

I created a new filesystem using dd and mounted: I have a filesystem /FAW with 1Terra space /dev/sdb1 1151331444 24742604 1068104612 3% /FAW Steps I followed to create a new filesystem # dd if=/dev/zero of=/FAW/vms/linux_vm/disk2.img bs=1 count=1024 seek=500G # mke2fs... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert non LVM root partition to LVM?

Hi Guys, I m using redhat 6, I have installed root partition as non-LVM . Is there any way i can convert it to LVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

8. Linux

Creating /boot partition for LVM VG

Hi, I have a server booted into sysresccd (mini-linux OS) with 1 40 GB disk attached I am trying to create a volume group and restore another server into the new one However, when I try to create a partition for /boot it seems that my VG in LVM is not recognized anymore These are the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: galuzan
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about lvm file creation

Hi, I have below code for disk creation disk_list=$(ls /dev/sd) for disk in $disk_list do pvcreate $i done So what my understanding is first it is checking the disk under /dev sdb,sdc,sdd,...sdz whether 25 disk are existing if not then its creating the 25 physical volume. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Creating multipath device with FC Disks

Hello, I am trying to setup a storage server with salvaged equipments: QSSC-S4R server, with QLogic 2562 FC HBA's Clariion KTN-STL4 4GB FC Enclosures Disks Salvaged from EMC Vmax Disks are 520B sector size so i converted to 512B in linux environment and create multipath successfully. But... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amd103
4 Replies
dtsetup(8)						      System Manager's Manual							dtsetup(8)

NAME
dtsetup - Configure and Customize the Common Desktop Environment (CDE) SYNOPSIS
/usr/dt/bin/dtsetup X resources OPTIONS
Specifies the standard X11 resource options. For more information, see the X(1X) reference page. DESCRIPTION
The CDE Setup application, dtsetup, provides you with a mechanism to customize your Common Desktop Environment by using a graphical user interface. It also provides System Administrators a means to create a CDE environment for various types of users. When you invoke the CDE Setup application, a panel of four icons are displayed: Quick Setup, Desktop, Login, and Services. From the Quick Setup icon, you or the system administrator can provide minimal entries to configure CDE. The Desktop icon lets you or the system administrator set up the front panel, establish various window manager resources, define starting applications, and set parameters for the terminal, dtmail, and dtfile applications. The Login icon lets you provide information about your login session, while the system administrator can also set up the system login greetings, and set up the X server configuration. The Services icon has fields for various services configuration. You are restricted to the choice of whether to run the Motif/OpenLook DND gateway. The system administrator has additional choices regarding the ToolTalk Session and ToolTalk Database server, as well as disabling network dependency and allowing inbound remote process execution. The CDE Setup application provides an effortless way of assembling the CDE front panel from available controls. Furthermore, by providing various file names and other specifications, the CDE Setup application allows you to create your own controls. The CDE setup application can be invoked from: The CDE Application Manager. Application Group: System_Admin Desktop_Apps Subgroup: Configuration To start the dtsetup application from the command line, enter /usr/dt/bin/dtsetup. Online help is available for the dxmtools application. To get help, click on any Help button or use the Help pull-down menu. RESTRICTIONS
You must have superuser privileges to access the full functionality of this application. FILES
CDE setup application executable CDE setup online help volume SEE ALSO
Commands: dtlogin(1), ttdbserverd(1), ttsession(1), X(1X), xdm(1X), xprop(1X) Files: dtfpfile(4) Common Desktop Environment: User's Guide Common Desktop Environment: Advanced User's and System Administrator's Guide CDE Companion dtsetup(8)