Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers This awk should work, shouldn't it? Post 302956196 by sea on Monday 28th of September 2015 07:26:17 AM
Old 09-28-2015
Hello Ravinder

Yeah, the saving to the variable was mainly for testing purposes.

Code:
awk 'END{print $2}' out.tmp 

Sadly, no change.
Thank you

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why is this so hard when it shouldn't be?

All I ask is one thing: 1. Where can i dl unix and the driver for my modem? right now i have win xp HP notebook, and bellsouth is my provider with a westell modem. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: velious
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

why awk does not work here?

I am trying to find any line with the 9th column's number greater than 200, but why the following awk command does not work? awk '$9 > 200' /tmp/test 2007-09-05 10:13:05.714 640.847 any 1.2.3.4 719 2445 487260 32 6082 199 2007-09-05 10:13:02.686 641.827... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: assign variable with -v didn't work in awk filter

I want to filter 2nd column = 2 using awk $ cat t 1 2 2 4 $ VAR=2 #variable worked in print $ cat t | awk -v ID=$VAR ' { print ID}' 2 2 # but variable didn't work in awk filter $ cat t | awk -v ID=$VAR '$2~/ID/ { print $0}' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file using awk and work in awk output

hi guys, i want to parse a file using public function, the file contain raw data in the below format i want to get the output like this to load it to Oracle DB MARWA1,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 MARWA2,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 this the file raw format: Number of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagigg
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delimited data contains line feeds where they shouldn't be

I have some data, each record (line) ends with a line feed (\n). Each field is pipe (|) delimited. 1|short desc|long text|2001-01-01 01:01 2|short desc| long text |2002-02-02 02:02 3|short desc| long text | 2003-03-03 03:03 4|short desc | long text | 2004-04-04 04:04 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericdp63
10 Replies

6. Solaris

Particular user account shouldn't be locked after entering wrong passwd specfic no. times

Hi all In my system we have implemented user lockout feature after 3 failure attempt if he tries to login directly or if he run the any command through sudo and enter wrong password thrice. Now I have requirement in which particular user account shouldn't be locked when he run the command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sb200
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script outputing out numbers when it shouldn't

i suspect the issue is with the IFS part. I have a script that reads a file. the problem here is that, when i run the script, it outputs a bunch of numbers. i know what these numbers are, but i dont understand why they're being sent to the screen. as you can see below, everything should be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Users of own group shouldn't be able to delete

Oracle Linux 6.5 oracle user's primary group is oinstall and its secondary group is dba,asmdba,asmoper. For the below created directory, I want the users belonging to dba,asmdba,asmoper to be able create, read and execute files but not delete them. How can I achieve that. If I use 775 as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why does this if match although it shouldn't?

Hi everyboy, I am a little confused and can't understand why I get a positive match in the following case. Shell Script section echo $SHELL echo "Server type = ${SERV_TYPE}" if ]]; then echo "foor" echo -e $(_date) "${cinfo}INFO: ${crst}Checking SAP memory on ${HOST}"This is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h1kelds
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)