Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help interpreting this freemem/freeswap graph Post 302955383 by newbie_01 on Thursday 17th of September 2015 01:36:09 AM
Old 09-17-2015
Help interpreting this freemem/freeswap graph

Hi,

I am sure some gurus will recognize what this graph is. This is provided by our SA but I can't understand his explanation. I am not sure if this is from kSar or Cacti. The link that I was given to is to a kSar directory so I am assuming this output is from kSar.

Hopefully, I can get a better explanations from the gurus on this forum.

Basically, the information that I am after is what is the highest free memory I have for the month.

Does the freemem graph means that it the amount of free memory I have?

For the freeswap, if the graph line is at its highest, that means no swapping? So the more swap space available, the less swapping is happening?

Any reply much appreciated. Thanks.
Help interpreting this freemem/freeswap graph-freemem_freeswapgif

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interpreting netstat -s

Are there any references I can look up for to interprete "netstat -s", especially those on TCP statistics. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaniyoer
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shellscript Interpreting

I am trying to interpret the following shellscript and am having a very difficult time. Could one of you Unix gurus pleasssseeee help me out? You just won't know how much of a life saver you would be for me. PN=`basename "$0"` # Program name VER=`echo '$Revision: 1.2 $' | cut -d' ' -f2` ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ann
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vmstats interpreting

We are having performance issues on an alpha4100 server. I can't paste a snapshot of my vmstat in here, but... We have 4gb of memory. The actual memory stays consistant around 306k. Free is dropping into the 120 area. Wire is around 206k consistantly. consistantly. My manual says that unix... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
3 Replies

4. Solaris

malloc returning NULL if freemem high & swapmem low

Hi All, In my application malloc is returning NULL even though there is sufficient amount of free memory is available but swap memory is low. Is this possible that, if free memory is high & swap memory is low, malloc will not be able to allocate memory & return NULL ?:) Kindly look into... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ritesh Kumar
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

malloc returning NULL if freemem high & swapmem low (MPRAS version 3.03 )

Hi All,:) In my application malloc is returning NULL even though there is sufficient amount of free memory available but the swap memory is low. Is this possible that, if free memory is high & swap memory is low, malloc will not be able to allocate memory & return NULL ? Few details: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ritesh Kumar
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

interpreting netstat output

hi all, when I run- wcars1j5#netstat -an | grep 8090 127.0.0.1.8090 *.* 0 0 49152 0 LISTEN wcars1j5# 1. does this mean that no one is connected to this port? Regards, akash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash_mahakode
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help interpreting a function

Hi, i was reading through a sample coding and came across this function, can anyone pls help to interpret the code for me. Thank alot find_lines() { res=-1 if ; then grep -i "$@" $FILENAME res=$? fi return $res } (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheranime
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Interpreting xntpdc output.

Hi. I wonder what the equal sign in front of the answer means. I have read man pages and googled but found no answer. xntpdc -p =15.5.64.3 15.5.2.51 3 512 377 0.02060 0.057426 0.04965Thanks. Jan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vettec3
1 Replies

9. Solaris

View 30 days history of freemem Solaris 10

I need to bump up the memory allocated to an Oracle database running on Solaris 10. While I see there is currently plenty of free memory to spare, how do I view the history of free memory on Solaris over the last month? What is the exact command? ---------- Post updated at 02:55 PM ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mimimiami
0 Replies
ACYCLIC(1)						      General Commands Manual							ACYCLIC(1)

NAME
acyclic - make directed graph acyclic SYNOPSIS
acyclic [ -nv? ] [ -o outfile ] [ file ] DESCRIPTION
acyclic is a filter that takes a directed graph as input and outputs a copy of the graph with sufficient edges reversed to make the graph acyclic. The reversed edge inherits all of the attributes of the original edge. The optional file argument specifies where the the input graph is stored; by default, the program reads from stdin. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -n No output is produced, though the return value will indicate whether the graph is acyclic or not. -v Print information about whether the file is acyclic, has a cycle or is undirected. -o outfile causes the output to be written to the specified file; by default, output is written to stdout. -? option causes the program to print usage information. RETURN CODES
acyclic returns 0 if the graph is acyclic; 1 if the graph has a cycle; 2 if the graph is undirected; and 255 if there are any errors. BUGS
If the graph is strict and there is a cycle of length 2, the attributes of the reversed edge are lost. Some edge attributes are non-symmetric, referring to either the head or tail node. At present, there is no mechanism or convention for cor- rectly switching or renaming these. AUTHORS
Stephen C. North <north@research.att.com> Emden R. Gansner <erg@research.att.com> SEE ALSO
gc(1), dot(1), gvpr(1), gvcolor(1), ccomps(1), sccmap(1), tred(1), libgraph(3) 21 March 2001 ACYCLIC(1)