Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check/get the exit status of a remote command executed on remote host through script Post 302954660 by Aia on Wednesday 9th of September 2015 11:30:24 PM
Old 09-10-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesaikrishna
Hello Don/All,

I fixed the issue with while loop and awk.

Code:
while read line ; do awk '{if ($2 ~ /^1$/) print $0}' ; done < default

Thanks,
Saikrishna
It has been quite a few days since you introduced your post and I do not remember all the details of it, but that could have just been done as:

Code:
awk '$2==1' default

alone.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find the exit status for the last executed command

I am executing a find command in my script i.e find $2 -type f -name '*.gif' -mtime +$1 -exec rm {} \; how do i check that this command is executed properly.. i would lke t trap the errror and display my error message kinly help.. this is an urgent issue. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijay.amirthraj
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the exit status of a remote command

Hi to everyone. How can I get the exit status from a remote command executed with rexec? :eek: machine A has RedHat Linux 9 and the remote machine B has SCO UNIX. Code: rexec -l user -p password host sh /u/files/scripts/seq_cal.sh 2006 08 I want the exit status returned by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zoonalex
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash Script to check Remote Host Connection

Hi all, Can anyone tell/guide me how to check remote host is up/running using bash script? Thanks. Zulfiqar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulfikarmd
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to check whether the remote host is up or not

Hi, My script needs to check whether the remote host is up or not. If it is up i need to start few servers in that host or else just a notification should be sent that the remote host is down? Could someone help me out in this? Regards Arun (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Checking the port status of a remote host

Hi there I am in the process of writing a script to check whether a port on a remote system is up or not. Here's what I have so far: #!/bin/bash telnet xx.xx.xx.xx 80 | (echo "^]") if ]; then echo "Please check Web services " | mailx -s "Please check webservices... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script: obtain the exit code of remote command

Hi all, I'm trying to run the sipp simulator in crontab but after some attempt I came to the conclusion that for some reason this isn't possible (maybe due to sipp interactive nature). This is confirmed by these posts. Now I'm trying to launch sipp from an expect script that runs in crontab. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Evan
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Check executed commands from remote hosts

Hello, Is there any way to check which user and from which IP executed a command to the server.I need something like the history but with information also from which IP the command executed. Thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pause processes in remote host and resume execution in another remote host

Hi, Given addresses of 2 remote machines, using a shell script is it possible to get the state of running processes in "src" stop all the processes in "src" exit out of "src" ssh into "dest" resume the state of executing processes captured in step 1 in "dest" Assumption: "src" is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saeya Darsan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SFTP file check through a remote host

Hi all, posting my first time, hope not breaking posting rules with it, if yes, let me know. I'm trying to build a script to check a file in an sftp server through a remote server. The intention is to check the file in a sftp host, and if the file is found or not, it should send an email.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrShinyPants
4 Replies
IO::Async::Timer::Absolute(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   IO::Async::Timer::Absolute(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Timer::Absolute" - event callback at a fixed future time SYNOPSIS
use IO::Async::Timer::Absolute; use POSIX qw( mktime ); use IO::Async::Loop; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop->new; my @time = gmtime; my $timer = IO::Async::Timer::Absolute->new( time => mktime( 0, 0, 0, $time[4]+1, $time[5], $time[6] ), on_expire => sub { print "It's midnight "; $loop->stop; }, ); $loop->add( $timer ); $loop->run; DESCRIPTION
This subclass of IO::Async::Timer implements one-shot events at a fixed time in the future. The object waits for a given timestamp, and invokes its callback at that point in the future. For a "Timer" object that waits for a delay relative to the time it is started, see instead IO::Async::Timer::Countdown. EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_expire Invoked when the timer expires. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": on_expire => CODE CODE reference for the "on_expire" event. time => NUM The epoch time at which the timer will expire. Once constructed, the timer object will need to be added to the "Loop" before it will work. Unlike other timers, it does not make sense to "start" this object, because its expiry time is absolute, and not relative to the time it is started. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Timer::Absolute(3pm)