Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Introduction
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Introduction Post 302954206 by neil.corrigan12 on Saturday 5th of September 2015 01:17:41 PM
Old 09-05-2015
Me too! I was so confused where to post it! Thanks admin for modifying the description of this forum. It will definitely help other newbies as well!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

introduction forum

sorry, I feel like such a dummy, but upon logging in you ask me to do a post introducing myself. I cannot find an "introduction forum" :o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shed
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Introduction

Hi, I am new here. Recently I have started working on Unix Shell Scripting. So may I know from where to start... Regards, Darshak Raut (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Introduction

Hi everyone. I am not really a new member i was once a member using the handle despiragado. I now wish to be identified with my new handle. It's been a while i have last visited the forum to see whats happening. I guess a lot has happened. I will try to read up and keep up to date. I am a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: split_func0
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

An Introduction to new Member

Hi guys, I am glad to be the part of this community. Hope my presence will be of great use for the people in this community. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subsystems
2 Replies
shares-admin(1) 						   User Commands						   shares-admin(1)

NAME
shares-admin - Enables the configuration of shared NFS / SMB directories. SYNOPSIS
shares-admin [--add-share=PATH] [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
shares-admin enables a user to configure the sharing of directories / filesystems. These can be shared using either NFS or SAMBA. This is linked to the ability to right-click on a directory in Nautilus and select "Share folder". OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a, --add-share=PATH Configure a share for the specified PATH. gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more informa- tion. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Running the main application. example% shares-admin Example 2: Sharing a specific directory. example% shares-admin --add-share=/export/home/shared EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/shares-admin Executable for directory sharing configuration. /var/spool/setup-tool-backends/backup/shares Backup directory for files that are modified. /var/run/setup-tool-backends/debug/shares Debug logs can be found under here. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-system-tools | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. users-admin(1), network-admin(1), services-admin(1), time-admin(1), gnome-std-options(5), attributes(5) NOTES
Written by Darren Kenny, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006. SunOS 5.11 6 Nov 2006 shares-admin(1)