Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error in my FORTRAN program
Top Forums Programming Error in my FORTRAN program Post 302954137 by Corona688 on Friday 4th of September 2015 01:05:00 PM
Old 09-04-2015
write() shouldn't be failing though, unless the file itself is invalid. What's writing to it is probably less interesting and relevant than what's being written to.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Fortran 90 compiler

Hi everybody: Could anybody help me where could I download Fortran 90 complier? Thanks in advance. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonet
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FORTRAN compiling

Hello, I have a FORTRAN code that I want to compile using F90 compiler. However, when I enter the command: f90 ./code.f -o ./code.out It would give me prompt saying that absoft license has failed, or something. I remember, however, that I could enter some keyword that ends with 'soft' in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Iamthe great
1 Replies

3. Programming

Problems while linking Fortran program (-> undefined reference to...)

Hello, we are a group of students (mechanical engineering) who are trying to port UNIX-software to a PC Linux system during a study project. The first goals were achieved: compiling the Fortran code and creating object files. However, we encounter errors during the linking process. This is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dynamo
0 Replies

4. Programming

Error running FORTRAN code

Hi, I am new to this forum and do not know whether this is the appropriate place to post this question. Anyway am trying my luck. I have a fortran program swanhcat.ftn, which is part of a wave modelling system. There is also a file hcat.nml which is required to run this program. The program's... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandhyakg
9 Replies

5. Programming

Fortran runtime error: Insufficient data descriptors in format after reversion

Hello, I have some Fortran code that is providing the following error: At line 1165 of lapc_shells_2.f Fortran runtime error: Insufficient data descriptors in format after reversion Here are the lines just above and including 1165: WRITE (*,"('ATTEMPTING TO READ PLATE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jm4smtddd
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Fortran program issue

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I was given this program to work with that is supposed to work as it is. It comes with a makefile so all I should have to do is use the make command, then type ./blub to execute the program. A list of data should then appear in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arjani
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FORTRAN Compiler

Need assistance in Fortran Compiler I need to install Fortran compiler on Linux distribution . I don't have root access to use rpm or yum to install compiler . Is there any way I can get it ? Are there any sites that has fortran compiler . Any links to download and install . (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
10 Replies

8. Programming

FORTRAN Extends

I am writing some code in fortran that defines certain shapes. Currently I have a cuboid and a prism. Now a parallelepiped is both a cuboid and a prism. Is there a way to code this? Currently I only have Type, Extends (Cuboid) :: Parallelepipied How can I do so that Parallelepipied is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

FORTRAN error *** glibc detected ***

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I'm doing aproximation of derivative called five-point stencil. For every value of x, in interval , in step... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antonija
0 Replies

10. Programming

FORTRAN program to extracting column

Dear folks I have a large data set which contains 400K columns. I decide to select 50K determined columns from the whole 400K columns. Is there any suggested fortran program which could do this process for me? I need to also mention that I store all of the columns id in one file which may help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajmar
1 Replies
MPI_Type_get_attr(3OpenMPI)											       MPI_Type_get_attr(3OpenMPI)

NAME
MPI_Type_get_attr - Returns the attribute associated with a data type. SYNTAX
C Syntax #include <mpi.h> int MPI_Type_get_attr(MPI_Datatype type, int type_keyval, void *attribute_val, int *flag) Fortran Syntax (see FORTRAN 77 NOTES) INCLUDE 'mpif.h' MPI_TYPE_GET_ATTR(TYPE, TYPE_KEYVAL, ATTRIBUTE_VAL, FLAG, IERROR) INTEGER TYPE, TYPE_KEYVAL, IERROR INTEGER(KIND=MPI_ADDRESS_KIND) ATTRIBUTE_VAL LOGICAL FLAG C++ Syntax #include <mpi.h> bool MPI::Datatype::Get_attr(int type_keyval, void* attribute_val) const INPUT PARAMETERS
type Data type to which the attribute is attached (handle). type_keyval Key value (integer). OUTPUT PARAMETERS
attribute_val Attribute value, unless flag = false flag "false" if no attribute is associated with the key (logical). IERROR Fortran only: Error status (integer). DESCRIPTION
For the given data type, MPI_Type_get_attr returns an attribute value that corresponds to the specified key value. FORTRAN 77 NOTES The MPI standard prescribes portable Fortran syntax for the ATTRIBUTE_VAL argument only for Fortran 90. Sun FORTRAN 77 users may use the non-portable syntax INTEGER*MPI_ADDRESS_KIND ATTRIBUTE_VAL where MPI_ADDRESS_KIND is a constant defined in mpif.h and gives the length of the declared integer in bytes. ERRORS
Almost all MPI routines return an error value; C routines as the value of the function and Fortran routines in the last argument. C++ func- tions do not return errors. If the default error handler is set to MPI::ERRORS_THROW_EXCEPTIONS, then on error the C++ exception mechanism will be used to throw an MPI:Exception object. Before the error value is returned, the current MPI error handler is called. By default, this error handler aborts the MPI job, except for I/O function errors. The error handler may be changed with MPI_Comm_set_errhandler; the predefined error handler MPI_ERRORS_RETURN may be used to cause error values to be returned. Note that MPI does not guarantee that an MPI program can continue past an error. SEE ALSO
MPI_Type_set_attr Open MPI 1.2 September 2006 MPI_Type_get_attr(3OpenMPI)