Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX ebook for beginners
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX ebook for beginners Post 302954000 by dinesh1178 on Thursday 3rd of September 2015 10:57:12 AM
Old 09-03-2015
Reading entire ebook would be boring initially. Better to pick a topic and learn it and then pick another topic.

Man pages and Unix.com are good resources to learn that.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

unix course for beginners

does anyone know of a course for unix beginners (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moose
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good unix "for lamers/beginners" book?

Im pretty new to unix, as you can probably tell. Anyway I want to get a book on unix and howto use it. I would like to get a book that goes from the very basics to the advanced things that unix can be used for, does anyone have any suggestions?? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadProfessor
16 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Free ebook

Hi am new to this forum and want to start learning and using unix and am wondering if any body can tell me where to get a free ebook to read, i saw some books that was recommended, books by Rich stevens but over here i can't get those books in our stores and i don't have credit card to get it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bosman
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

UNIX for beginners

I am new to non Windows operating systems. Does anyone have advice on which UNIX OS vendor would be good for learning purposes. I was looking for a version of UNIX that runs on the Intel platform. Do you have any recommendations on where to purchase the software? Thank you. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmy113437
14 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Which UNIX version for beginners

1. I would like to know which UNIX version I should use as a beginner and from I can get it? 2. How much hard disk space(drive space...in case of dual boot) does it require? 3. Can I run it from USB or Live CD? 4. Is there any need of installing UNIX if I have Linux... ie does Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArpitRaj
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk basics and ebook request

Dear All, Could someone suggest a resource where I can start learning awk from scratch. I'm a biologist with little command line experience but I need some data analysis to be done. I've realised from reading forums and talking to bioinformaticians that awk is extremely powerful to perform... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Do you read books with an ebook reader?

I bought a Sony PRS-650 Reader to read books and I'm loving it. For one thing, there are zillions of free books in epub format available for download for free. Many of them are out of print, so you would have to pay a high price to get a printed copy. Most current releases have to be paid for,... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
15 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX for beginners

i'm just a beginner in unix environment- please help which book to read and which os to use!!! :confused: seriously i've no idea what is unix or how much capable it is!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gaurav singh
1 Replies
WNINTRO(7)						  Miscellaneous WordNettm Topics						WNINTRO(7)

NAME
wnintro - introduction to miscellaneous WordNet information SYNOPSIS
morphy - discussion of WordNet's morphological processing uniqbeg - unique beginners for noun hierarchies wngloss - glossary of terms used in WordNet wngroups - discussion of WordNet search code to group similar senses wnlicens - text of WordNet license agreement wnpkgs - information about WordNet packages and distribution wnstats - database statistics DESCRIPTION
This section of the WordNet Reference Manual contains manual pages that describe various topics related to WordNet and the semantic concor- dances, and a glossary of terms. SEE ALSO
wnintro(1), wnintro(3), wnintro(5), morphy(7), uniqbeg(7), wngroups(7), wnlicens(7), wnpkgs(7), wnstats(7), wngloss(7). Fellbaum, C. (1998), ed. "WordNet: An Electronic Lexical Database". MIT Press, Cambridge, MA. WordNet 3.0 Dec 2006 WNINTRO(7)