Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to pass variables into anothother variables? Post 302953857 by manohar2013 on Wednesday 2nd of September 2015 05:14:19 AM
Old 09-02-2015
How to pass variables into anothother variables?

Below are three variables, which I want to pass into variable RESULT1
username1=userid
poihostname1=dellsys.com
port1=8080
How can I pass these variables into below code...
Code:
RESULT1=$((ssh -n username1@poihostname1 time /usr/sfw/bin/wget  --user=sam --password=123 -O /dev/null -q http://poihostname1:port1 ;) 2>/dev/null || echo "Not Running")

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass multiple variables to SQL script

I am trying to close of multiple users in an Oracle database. Each users has records in multiple tables what I need to do is use a script that call each SQL seperately passing either CLI arguments or gathered arguments from the users during run time. ## Accept variable(s) from the command line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Shell variables to sqlplus use them as parameters

Hi, I am trying to pass some of the variables in my shell scripts to the sqlplus call and use them as parameters. For example, I would like to replace the 'SAS', and '20050612' with $var1 and $var2, respectively, how can I do that? --------------------------------------------------------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jtrinh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass CSH variables up to the parent?

Hi .. I have a dynamic script called from a programming language called Powerhouse (4GL). The module, called QUIZ, allows the user to call shell commands from within it... i.e. !rm -f mipss156t2cmd1.bat mipss156t2tmp1.txt !printf '#!/bin/csh\n' > mipss156t2cmd1.bat !printf 'setenv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElCaito
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass variables to FUNCTION ?

Hi... Actually, I want to pass a few variables to the function and print it. But, its looks like not working. Could some body help me how could i do that ?... below is my program... #!/usr/bin/ksh usage() { echo "Usage: $0 -n -a -s -w -d" exit } rename() { echo "rename $1 $2"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bh_hensem
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass variables from Asterisk to a C-script

Hi!I'm trying to write a script in C that Asterisk must call: I would to pass to the script a number digited by the user, make some elaboration with it and then pass the result to Asterisk. I don't understand the mechanism used by Asterisk to pass variable to/from a script: I know that variables... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucio82
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass variables from one script to another

HI all I am calling a script "b" from script "a". In script "a", i connect to database and get month and year. I have to pass these same values to script b. How can i do that. How can i pass parameters from one script to another (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass perl variables to shell script

I have a perl script that opens a text file containing numbers on each line: for example: 755993 755994 755995 755996 755997 755998 The perl script takes these numbers and store them as an array @raw_data, where I can access individual numbers by using $raw_data for the value 755993.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xchen89x
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass variables in Expect command?

Hi All, I need to frame a unix script to logon to a unix box. The credentials needs to be obtained from a property file on the same location. I am trying to use 'expect' and 'spawn' command to meet this req. When I am passing values, these commands are working fine. but when I am trying to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailkarthik
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass variables to s3cmd in a script file

Hi All, How to pass the variable to s3cmd put command? I'm trying to use this command in a script as below: s3cmd put ${upload_path} s3://${upload_dest} where With the above command in script, the file is not getting uploaded. Please help!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass variables between scripts?

Hello, I have two bash scripts like the following: script 1: #!/bin/bash var=WORLD bash path/to/second/script/script2.bash script 2: #!/bin/bash echo "HELLO $var" I expected the output to be "HELLO WORLD" but instead, I get "HELLO". I understand that when I envoke another bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
2 Replies
MicroMason::PassVariables(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    MicroMason::PassVariables(3pm)

NAME
Text::MicroMason::PassVariables - Pass template data as variables SYNOPSIS
Instead of using this class directly, pass its name to be mixed in: use Text::MicroMason; my $mason = Text::MicroMason->new( -PassVariables ); Use the standard compile and execute methods to parse and evalute templates: print $mason->compile( text=>$template )->( 'name'=>'Dave' ); print $mason->execute( text=>$template, 'name'=>'Dave' ); Templates can now access their arguments as global variables: Welcome, <% $name %>! DESCRIPTION
Like Text::Template, this package passes in template arguments as package variables. For example, if you pass in an argument list of "foo => 23", it will set the variable $foo in the package your template is compiled in. This allows template code to refer to $name rather than $ARGS{name}. The strict pragma is disabled to facilitate these variable references. Caution: Please note that this approach has some drawbacks, including the risk of clobbering global variables used for other purposes. It is included primarily to allow the TextTemplate module to emulate the behavior of Text::Template, and for quick-and-dirty simple templates where succinctness is more important than robustness. Supported Attributes package Target package namespace. Defaults to Text::MicroMason::Commands. Private Methods assembler_rules() Adds Perl fragments to handle package and symbol table munging. assemble() Modifies Perl subroutine to embed the target package namespace. install_args_hash() Performs symbol table munging to transfer the contents of an arguments hash into variables in a target namespace. SEE ALSO
The interface being emulated is described in Text::Template. For an overview of this templating framework, see Text::MicroMason. This is a mixin class intended for use with Text::MicroMason::Base. For distribution, installation, support, copyright and license information, see Text::MicroMason::Docs::ReadMe. perl v5.10.1 2010-03-05 MicroMason::PassVariables(3pm)