Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cancel process running for more than 5 days Post 302953813 by csierra on Tuesday 1st of September 2015 05:27:29 PM
Old 09-01-2015
Hello Jim.

We have identify specially some printer process "lp -c" so now we have to filter using the parameter of five days. But we do not have clear how to list process by date.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

2. AIX

etime - get processes running for more than 30 days

In AIX I am trying to get the processes ran by user declan using the following format: ps -aef -o user,pid,etime,args | grep declan Then I get a result similar to (for example): declan 103264 123-12:47:33 /applications/apache/1.3.39.0/bin/httpd -d /var/applications/apache/www1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipahoys
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to cancel a cronjob if the cronjob still running

hi everyone I'm newbie in this forum hope I can get some help here :) I have a command in crontab that executed every 1 minute sometime this command need more than 1 minute to finish the problem is, the crontab execute this command although it's not finish processing yet and causing the system... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2j4h
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job running for some days and is not running for some days

Hi.. i have written a shell script and made this script to run on every day night 11: 55 pm using a cron job. This cron job running for some days and is not running for some day. but i need this script to run every day night. Please help me. Here is the cron tab entries, 55 23 * * *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process previous days file

Hi, i've a scenario where i need to unizp the previous day files based on the no of days given as input. EX: if my no of days are 5 i need to go to archive dir and pull last 5 days files from currentday -1 . Please help with this shell script. Regards, sandeep. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep karna
5 Replies

6. BSD

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find out process name that are running for last 10 days.

Hi all, As i am new to shell script.Please help me to write a Shell script to find out process name that are running for last 10 days. Thank's in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_1988
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to get exact tomcat process I am running ignoring other java process

Team, I have multiple batchjobs running in VM, if I do ps -ef |grep java or tomcat I am getting multiple process list. How do I get my exact tomcat process running and that is unique? via shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghanshyam Ratho
4 Replies
smfi_register(3N)														 smfi_register(3N)

NAME
smfi_register() - registers a set of filter callbacks for sendmail SYNOPSIS
PAMAMETERS
descr Specifies a filter descriptor of type describing the filter's functions. DESCRIPTION
The creates a filter using the information given in the smfiDesc argument. must be called before the routine. Multiple calls to the rou- tine within a single process is not allowed. The structure has the following members: A NULL value for any callback function indicates that the filter does not wish to process the given type of information and the filter returns the value. Notes The flags field must contain the bitwise OR of 0 (zero) or more of the following values: This filter adds headers. This filter changes and deletes headers. This filter replaces the body of the message during the filtering process. may have significant performance impact if other filters do body filtering after This filter adds recipients to the message. This filter removes recipients from the message. RETURN VALUE
The routine may return for any of the following reasons: o Memory allocation failure o Incompatible version or illegal flags value AUTHOR
was developed by the Sendmail Inc. SEE ASLO
smfi_main(3N), smfi_setconn(3N), smfi_settimeout(3N), smfi_opensocket(3N), smfi_setbacklog(3N), smfi_setdbg(3N), smfi_stop(3N). on smfi_register(3N)