Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Problem with maximum files and directories Post 302952931 by disedorgue on Monday 24th of August 2015 11:05:23 AM
Old 08-24-2015
Hi,
Could you describe your algorithm and show code who write to file ?

Regards.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maximum files in a Directory

Does Solaris impose limits on : - the maximum number of files a directory can have, - total file size in a directory If there is such limits, how can I can check for each? Thanks...:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deaniyoer
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls - maximum number of files

what is the maximum number ls can list down (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karnan
6 Replies

3. Linux

maximum file & directories

Dear friends, How many maximum number of files and directories can be created in linux system. Thanks.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthigayan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List directories and sub directories recursively excluding files

Hi, Please help me, how to get all the direcotries, its sub directories and its sub directories recursively, need to exclude all the files in the process. I wanted to disply using a unix command all the directories recursively excluding files. I tried 'ls -FR' but that display files as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointers
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sub directories containing maximum files

Hi All, I have this command coded in C Shell to get the top ten sub directories in the order of number of files they contain. find $parent_dir -type d -exec filecount {} \; | sort -nr | head -10 But it does not seem to show any output. Can someone please help me out in correcting this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adurga
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename the files in all the directories and sub-directories

Hi all, I have more than 12000 files in 46 different directories and each directory has 2 sub-directories named “dat” or “gridded”. Dat sub-directories have files with extension “jpg.dat” and gridded sub-directories have files with extension “.jpg”. I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting files having maximum timestamp

Hi , I'm using Ksh 88 I've the following files in a directory with YearMonthDate (Ex:20130601) YDT:FILE1:20130601 YDT:FILE1:20130615 YDT:FILE2:20130601 YDT:FILE2:20130615 YDT:FILE3:20130601 YDT:FILE3:20130615 And i need the files having maximum timestamp , Means i need to display ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving and moving files into directories, creating directories, etc.

how can i move "dataName".sql.gz into a folder called 'database' and then move "$fileName".tar.gz * .htaccess into a folder called 'www' with the entire gzipped file being "$fileName".tar.gz? Is this doable or overly complex. so mydemo--2015-03-23-1500.tar.gz > database -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wyclef
5 Replies
crypt_unix(5)						Standards, Environments, and Macros					     crypt_unix(5)

NAME
crypt_unix - traditional UNIX crypt algorithm DESCRIPTION
The crypt_unix algorithm is the traditional UNIX crypt algorithm. It is not considered sufficiently secure for current systems and is pro- vided for backwards compatibility. The crypt_sunmd5(5), crypt_bsdmd5(5), or crypt_bsdbf(5) algorithm should be used instead. The algorithm identifier for policy.conf(4) is __unix__. There is no entry in crypt.conf(4) for this algorithm. The crypt_unix algorithm is internal to libc and provides the string encoding function used by crypt(3C) when the first character of the salt is not a "$". This algorithm is based on a one-way encryption algorithm with variations intended (among other things) to frustrate use of hardware imple- mentations of a key search. Only the first eight characters of the key passed to crypt() are used with this algorithm; the rest are silently ignored. The salt is a two-character string chosen from the set [a-zA-Z0-9./]. This string is used to perturb the hashing algo- rithm in one of 4096 different ways. The maximum password length for crypt_unix is 8 characters. USAGE
The return value of the crypt_unix algorithm might not be portable among standard-conforming systems. See standards(5). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
passwd(1), crypt(3C), crypt_genhash_impl(3C), crypt_gensalt(3C), crypt_gensalt_impl(3C), getpassphrase(3C), crypt.conf(4), passwd(4), pol- icy.conf(4), attributes(5), crypt_bsdbf(5), crypt_bsdmd5(5), crypt_sunmd5(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Aug 2003 crypt_unix(5)