Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question! Post 302952232 by BG_JrAdmin on Saturday 15th of August 2015 11:52:11 PM
Old 08-16-2015
AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS

We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN.

How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm)

How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port?

Appreciate your help, very much!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX Migration

Hi , Migrating AIX 4.3.3 ML10 to 5.3 ML1 (retaining 32 bit) after successfully going through 5 of the 5.3 Install CD's. After "All fileset's processed successfully " message I was told that system would reboot and then I would get prompted for setting TERm type ( i have an ascii ibm3151) and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Student37
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

SAN migration

Hi, I'm going to be involved in a migration of SAN islands to one big SAN. I've not worked with SANs before and I'm not sure how to approach this. I suspect the disk devices on the HP servers are going to change, when the EVA's and servers are plugged into this new Cisco 9509 switch. Any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hils
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 5.2 to 5.3 migration

Hello All, We want to upgrade our 44p Model 270 from AIX 5.2 to 5.3. This is a standalone devlopment server but downtime is something we don't want because we have a short development deadline looming. I have no tape drive to make backups to. I myself am a developer and don't have any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fred Vogel
4 Replies

4. AIX

IY17981 fix required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration but not found

Hi, redbook documentation is telling that IY17981 fix is required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration. But there is no mention about that fix in any ML installation packages. - My system is ML11 : oslevel –r 4330-11 - But xlC.rte is on wrong version : lslpp -L xlC.rte xlC.rte ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

SAN Migration of HP-UX hosts

Hello gurus, I am a SAN Admin - not very familiar with the HPUX administration - so need help with the steps in regards to the migration I need to do at my client place. Environment: Migrating from CX4 to VMAX - using OR/Hot Pull. Here are the steps I have put together - HPUX gurus please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jps460
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Need Help On Solaris Cluster Steps For San Migration

I am going to do a SAN Array migration and need the sequence of steps required on the Solaris cluster before moving the old array luns to new array luns. Here are the steps and I need info on the bold points:( I might even be wrong on the sequence of steps please correct me if I am wrong) 1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunshinedeepu
0 Replies

7. AIX

SAN Migration

Hi all, We are migrating our SAN storage from HSV360 to 3PAR. The system runs aix 6.1 version with HACMP. Please let me know what are requirements from OS side and how are the data copied to the new disks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElizabethPJ
10 Replies

8. HP-UX

SAN Migration question

Hi, I am very new to HP-UX, and we're going to be doing a SAN migration. We're going to take down the machine, and zone it to the new SAN. My question is, will the device names change and will that interfere with the LVM? If the new disks come in with different device names, how would I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Volume group not activated at boot after SAN migration

I have an IBM blade running RHEL 5.4 server, connected to two Hitachi SANs using common fibre cards & Brocade switches. It has two volume groups made from old SAN LUNs. The old SAN needs to be retired so we allocated LUNs from the new SAN, discovered the LUNs as multipath disks (4 paths) and grew... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
4 Replies

10. Solaris

How to identify if disk is attached to SAN and assist in migration.?

I am working on VM host and collecting data to identify the type of storage attached to the server which will be migrated to VNX. it has one ldom created on it luxadm probe output --- No Network Array enclosures found in /dev/es Found Fibre Channel device(s): Node... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpatel786
7 Replies
st_ats_enabled(5)						     OBSOLETED							 st_ats_enabled(5)

NAME
st_ats_enabled - determine whether to reserve a tape device on open (OBSOLETED) VALUES
Default Allowed values or Recommended values DESCRIPTION
Note: this tunable is obsoleted and has been renamed to beginning with release HP-UX 11i v3. This tunable notifies the stape or estape driver whether it needs to reserve a tape device on open and subsequently release it on close. When this tunable is on the stape or estape driver will attempt to reserve any tape device on open. The driver has a few tape devices flagged as suitable devices for this functionality including DLT 8000, DLT 7000, STK 9840, HP Ultrium, and others. DDS drives are not flagged for this functionality. The tunable allows the safe sharing of tape devices in multinode configurations like MC/ServiceGuard's Advanced Tape Sharing. The auto- matic reserve and release protects the tape device from being accessed from multiple nodes which would corrupt a backup. If the reserve portion of the stape or estape driver's open routine fails, a status of is returned. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect immediately and are used during the next open or close. When Should the Tunable Be Turned On? This tunable should be turned on if the system will be used in an MC/ServiceGuard Advanced Tape Sharing configuration or the user wants the stape or estape driver to use automatic reserve or release on open and close for multinode manageability. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable On? A reserve is sent to the tape device by the stape or estape driver on open and a release is sent on close. No other initiator or HBA will be able to access the tape device while it is opened on another initiator or HBA. When Should the Tunable Be Turned Off? This tunable should be turned off for any SAN tape sharing solution configuration other than ATS. Most multinode backup applications (for example, Omniback) manage device reservation themselves and any interference by the stape or estape driver may produce problems. This tun- able should also be turned off for any multiplatform SAN configuration to keep tape access across platforms more uniform. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable Off? Unauthorized access from another initiator might interfere with any current tape operation. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
st_ats_enable(5), scsi_tape(7), scsimgr_estape(7). Tunable Kernel Parameters st_ats_enabled(5)