Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to create file system (newfs) Post 302951731 by hicksd8 on Monday 10th of August 2015 06:33:48 AM
Old 08-10-2015
Go for it! Post any error that you get.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

create a new file system

I have just installed 5.0.7 of openserver and forgot to create a /u filesystem. I have a root filesystem that takes up most of the hard disc space and I want to reduce the size of that and create a /u. I have tried divvy amd mkdev fs but to no avail. Could somebody give me some idea as to how I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rongrout
2 Replies

2. AIX

User unable to create a file over 2 GB's in size

Hello, this is my first post. I have a user who cannot create a file over 2 GB's in size eventhough the FS is large file enabled and I added a special stanza in /etc/security/limits to allow an unlimited file size for this particular user (user1 - see below). ibm:/home/root (4062)#cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXtexas
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a new file system

Is there any URL or procedure to create a new file system on solaris 8/9/10.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tintedwindow
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using newfs to make file system on a sata disk using Acard adaptor

Hi All: I am using an adaptor between a 1TB SATA hard drive and solaris 8 box with 68 pin scsi. I use the format utility to partition the HD which works fine but when I use newfs, I get some errors. I will place them below. I have blocked and the error message is in red. Anybody got any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mndavies
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to clean up file system

Hi, Has anyone ever encountered the following scenario: I am working on a SUN server with solaris 10 installed and veritas managing the filesystem. One of the file systems has become full: df -kh /ossrc/dbdumps Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeidel
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

unable to open / create any file in vi

Hi, I am unable to create/open any file in vi editor for normal user, though using root I am able to create/open any file, using redhat 5.5, example vi test it showing nothing after entering command (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris file system unable to use available space

Hi, The solaris filesystem /u01 shows available space as 100GB, and used space as 6 GB. The Problem is when iam trying to install some software or copy some files in this file system /u01 Iam unable to copy or install in this file system due to lack of space. ofcourse the software... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: iris1
31 Replies

8. HP-UX

Unable to create a tar file due to link

Hi, I am trying to tar a directory structure. but unable to do due to a symbolic link. Please help indomt@behpux $ tar -cvf test.tar /home/indomt a /home/indomt symbolic link to /dxdv/03/ap1dm1 Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to mount a clone file system (NetApp)

Hi I have the following difficulty: the NetApp admin has clone one file system from one red hatserver and presented this cloned LUN into another redhat server. I can see the LUN as: fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 64.4 GB, 64424509440 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 7832 cylinders Units =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies

10. AIX

Unable to extend file system

Hi, I have inherited this AIX 5.3 host. I'm unable to increase the /usr file system. It gives me this error. What needs to be done to remove this error? vios:/home/padmin$ chfs -a size=+128M /usr 0516-304 lquerypv: Unable to find device id 0002ef4df616f9690000000000000000 in the Device ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn888
14 Replies
Font::TTF::Post(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Font::TTF::Post(3)

NAME
Font::TTF::Post - Holds the Postscript names for each glyph DESCRIPTION
Holds the postscript names for glyphs. Note that they are not held as an array, but as indexes into two lists. The first list is the standard Postscript name list defined by the TrueType standard. The second comes from the font directly. Looking up a glyph from a Postscript name or a name from a glyph number is achieved through methods rather than variable lookup. This class handles PostScript table types of 1, 2, 2.5 & 3, but not version 4. Support for version 2.5 is as per Apple spec rather than MS. The way to look up Postscript names or glyphs is: $pname = $f->{'post'}{'VAL'}[$gnum]; $gnum = $f->{'post'}{'STRINGS'}{$pname}; INSTANCE VARIABLES
Due to different systems having different limitations, there are various class variables available to control what post table types can be written. $Font::TTF::Post::no25 If set tells Font::TTF::Post::out to use table type 2 instead of 2.5 in case apps cannot handle version 2.5. VAL Contains an array indexed by glyph number of Postscript names. This is used when writing out a font. STRINGS An associative array of Postscript names mapping to the highest glyph with that name. These may not be in sync with VAL. In addition there are the standard introductory variables defined in the standard: FormatType italicAngle underlinePosition underlineThickness isFixedPitch minMemType42 maxMemType42 minMemType1 maxMemType1 METHODS
$t->read Reads the Postscript table into memory from disk $t->out($fh) Writes out a new Postscript name table from memory or copies from disk $t->XML_element($context, $depth, $key, $val) Outputs the names as one block of XML BUGS
o No support for type 4 tables AUTHOR
Martin Hosken Martin_Hosken@sil.org. See Font::TTF::Font for copyright and licensing. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-23 Font::TTF::Post(3)