Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Which Package Manager?
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Which Package Manager? Post 302951615 by fpmurphy on Friday 7th of August 2015 11:53:03 PM
Old 08-08-2015
Which Package Manager?

I came across a number of apparent tarballs of OS packages which are in a format which I do not recognize. Does anybody know which packet manager uses this format?

Code:
# ls
pkg_cfiles
pkg_data
pkg_data32
pkg_data64
pkg_info
pkg_scripts
pkg_signature

# cat pkg_info
PACKAGE=8.2
PKG_TIME=1313434857
PKG_OS=My Unix Operating System
PKG_REVISION=8.2
PKG_VERSION=8.2
PKG_DESCRIPTION=My 8.2 Maintenance
PKG_STATUS=Production
PKG_TYPE=Base
PKG_FLAGS=inactive sysinstall_scripts
REQUIRES=8.1
OBSOLETES=7?*
README=
The 8.2 package provides the following enhancements:

XXXXXXXXXXX
   XXXXXXXXXXX
   XXXXXXXXXXX

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Package Manager problem

i'm trying to run Patch Manager, but i'm getting the following problem when i try and run "pprosvc" with either the -l, -d, or -i options. Assessing patches needed for your system...... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 Software Package Manager

Hi there, maybe one of you knows the software package tool during the installation of solaris 10. You are able to choose an installtion and customize it with pressing F4 .... a very nice list occurs where you can select packages like apache, ssh and so on ... Is it possible to start this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drexler76
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Can't update or use package manager -- gpg error

W: GPG error: http://archive.canonical.com karmic Release: Unknown error executing gpgv W: GPG error: http://us.archive.ubuntu.com karmic Release: Unknown error executing gpgv W: GPG error: http://us.archive.ubuntu.com karmic-updates Release: Unknown error executing gpgv W: GPG error:... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
17 Replies

4. Linux

How to run User-mode Linux installed with synaptic package manager in Ubuntu 10.10

I have installed user-mode linux kernel in Ubuntu 10.10 with the help of Synaptic package manager. But I'm not getting how to run it. If we install it manually, we've to run it using the executable binary file. But here, I'm unable to locate any such file. Please help.... Thanking You.... ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitadeshmukh1
0 Replies

5. Debian

apt-get package manager capability

Hi List, Recently I was doing some toubleshooting installing a package on a Redhat 6 machine using the the installer script which came with that package and I got an error message telling me that a file was missing indicating that I had to google for the dependancies and install them before this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to install from synaptic package manager

i am not able to install anything from package manager . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies
setup(1)						      Easy Software Products							  setup(1)

NAME
setup - graphical setup program for the esp package manager SYNOPSIS
setup [ directory ] DESCRIPTION
setup provides a graphical installation interface for EPM-generated portable installation packages. It presents a step-by-step dialog for collecting a list of packages to install and accepting any license agreements for those packages. setup searches for products in the current directory or the directory specified on the command-line. INSTALLATION TYPES
The default type of installation is "custom". That is, users will be able to select from the list of products and install them. setup also supports other types of installations. The setup.types file, if present, defines the other installation types. SEE ALSO
epm(1) - create software packages. setup.types(5) - epm gui setup types file format. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1999-2007 by Easy Software Products, All Rights Reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. 3 April 2006 ESP Package Manager setup(1)