Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to differentiate between a standalone LPAR and a VIOC (which again is a lpar)? Post 302949929 by agent.kgb on Friday 17th of July 2015 04:40:52 PM
Old 07-17-2015
VIO client (VIOC) means, that the LPAR has at least some resources from VIO server (VIOS). Because VIOS provides only I/O resources to LPARs, it can be:
- virtual SCSI (VSCSI)
- virtual FC (VFC)
- virtual Ethernet
Just look at the output of lsdev command and you'll find, if the LPAR uses some resources provided by VIOS or not.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

LPAR and CFGMGR

I have a P570 that for some reason is not allowing the P1-T6 NIC to be recognized. I have confirmed from the HMC that it is set for the LPAR, but when I do a cfgmgr, it won't recognize it. It though is recognizing the slot cards just fine which are P1-C3 for one shelf and P1-C3 of another shelf.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LegendMan
1 Replies

2. AIX

Autostart of LPAR

Hi, I have 2 lpars on my AIX that needs to be started manually after each reboot. Because the servers are storing the NFS and NIS info, other servers won't run correctly until they start up. I found in IBM documentation the steps to make it automatic. My question is, I want to know if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahzzbietel
2 Replies

3. AIX

LPAR

I am planning for System P with 2 number of 2-core processor (4 core in total). Can I make 3 LPARS with this processor configuration without the support of micropartitioning, that means with simple LPAR only. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba
3 Replies

4. AIX

ldom and lpar

hi, Plz let me know if the concept of sun ldom and aix lpar is same or not. thnx, snj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snjksh
1 Replies

5. AIX

LPAR creation

can i get a step b syep explanation in creating LPAR... i have searched for tutorials i couldn't find the right one.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
2 Replies

6. AIX

Bootting up a new LPAR

I have created a new LPAR using IVM. I activated the LPAR, and start the window terminal (java), it prompt me for the padmin password. After keyin the password, it will shows BOOTP parameter. I am just wondering how come it didnt go to screen where i can select to go into SMS menu to pick... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingcross
0 Replies

7. AIX

LPAR freezes after switching of storage (lpar is mirrored)

Hi all, I have the following configuration 2 ds3524 storage disk systems located over 2 locations 2 P720 server located over 2 locations DS3524 are connected to san switch. Each vio server has 1 fc adapter attached to a san switch. per p720 server 2 virtual io servers. Vio 1 has 1 lun... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markiemark
2 Replies

8. AIX

Mirroring in LPAR

Hi Folks, I am a newbie in AIX. Can someone please tell me how to do root mirroring in AIX LPAR which is created from mksysb image via HMC/NIM. ? AIX 5.3/6.1 Let me know. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

9. AIX

Hostname for each lpar

Hi Gurus, Can a AIX server with 4 LPARs, each having it's own hostname on the same physical host. Is this possible? Thanks, S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
2 Replies

10. AIX

Lpar migration

We have a 2 node oracle rac cluster one node is in frame 1 and other is in frame 2 Now,because of some hardware failure(processor card and cable) in frame 1 we will failover database services from lpar in frame 1 to lpar(oracle rac cluster node2) in frame2 and the entire replacement of hardware... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
9 Replies
virtual-filesystems(7)					 Miscellaneous Information Manual				    virtual-filesystems(7)

NAME
virtual-filesystems - event signalling that virtual filesystems have been mounted SYNOPSIS
virtual-filesystems [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The virtual-filesystems event is generated by the mountall(8) daemon after it has mounted all virtual filesystems listed in fstab(5). mountall(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. This event is typically used by services that must be started in order to mount other filesystems. When this event occurs, common filesys- tems such as /usr may not be mounted. For most normal services the filesystem(7) event is sufficient. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running once virtual filesystems are mounted might use: start on virtual-filesystems SEE ALSO
mounting(7) mounted(7) local-filesystems(7) remote-filesystems(7) all-swaps(7) filesystem(7) mountall 2009-12-21 virtual-filesystems(7)