Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing multiple network files (edge lists) Post 302948810 by RudiC on Thursday 2nd of July 2015 04:45:42 PM
Old 07-02-2015
Which sequence do you want printed: C D or D C ? How do you determine the one preferred, by the count of occurrences? What if each has a count of 2?

---------- Post updated at 22:45 ---------- Previous update was at 22:28 ----------

Assuming it's the count, try
Code:
awk '
FNR==1  {FCNT++}

{T[$1,$2,$3]++
         T[$2,$1,$3]++
         C[$1,$2]++
        }

END {for (t in T)       {split (t, X, SUBSEP)
                         if (T[t]==FCNT && C[X[1],X[2]] >= FCNT/2) print t}}

' SUBSEP=" " file[1-4]
C D 0.65
D E 0.9

This has a small drawback which to find out I leave as a challenge to you.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing multiple files in multiple subfolders

Hello, I am having a bit of hard time to get my head around this one. I really hope someone is out there to help me out! Background of my code: I am doing some automation where I am verifying multiple files in multiple sub folders and if they are all identical, I would echo a line with my test... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riz
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing multiple files

hi, quick question i have one file which join one file with reference one Looks like this: KB0000 KB207418 KB0001 KB244904 KB0002 KB215027 KB0003 KB215027 KB0004 KB215027 KB0005 KB204320 KB0006 KB207074 KB0007 KB215204 KB0008 KB223809 KB0009 KB236640 KB0010 KB244506 ....... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karla
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing lists.. Arrays maybe?

Problem Part 1. Gather data from linux server and output to a file named data_DDMMYY Output file must contain the file name and size Part 2. Compare todays data_DDMMYY to yesterdays data_DDMMYY and output results to a file named difference_DDMMYY Output file must show the difference in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing multiple fields from 2 files uing awk

Hi I have 2 files as below File 1 Chr Start End chr1 120 130 chr1 140 150 chr2 130 140 File2 Chr Start End Value chr1 121 128 ABC chr1 144 149 XYZ chr2 120 129 PQR I would like to compare these files using awk; specifically if column 1 of file1 is equal to column 1 of file2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sshetty
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicate entries from edge-lists

I have a file which has connections given as: A B 0.1 B C 5.8 C B 5.8 E F 0.67 B A 0.1 A B and B A are same, so I want to remove one of them. Same with BC and CB. Desired output: A B 0.1 B C 5.8 E F 0.67 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count Unique values from multiple lists of files

Looking for a little help here. I have 1000's of text files within a multiple folders. YYYY/ /MM /1000's Files Eg. 2014/01/1000 files 2014/02/1237 files 2014/03/1400 files There are folders for each year and each month, and within each monthly folder there are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whegra
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help in comparing multiple columns from two files.

Hi all, I have two files as below. I need to compare field 2 of file 1 against field 1 of file 2 and field 5 of file 1 against filed 2 of file 2. If both matches , then create a result file 1 with first file data and if not matches , then create file with first fie data. Please help me in... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivarajb
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing multiple files

I want to develop one unix script that will first match the multiple files on one server say A with multiple files on another server say B and copy those to server A. After that need to compare the contents of these 2 set of multiple files on different location on same server and generate the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Charnjeet Singh
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two edge list

Hello, I have two network edgelists with first two columns as nodes and the last column pearson correlation coefficient (PCC). I want to remove the edges from net1 whose edges are common with net2 && (PCC)net2>=(PCC)net1 net1.txt A B 0.6 A C 0.7 B C 0.7 D C ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
1 Replies
GLEDGEFLAG(3G)							   OpenGL Manual						    GLEDGEFLAG(3G)

NAME
glEdgeFlag - flag edges as either boundary or nonboundary C SPECIFICATION
void glEdgeFlag(GLboolean flag); PARAMETERS
flag Specifies the current edge flag value, either GL_TRUE or GL_FALSE. The initial value is GL_TRUE. C SPECIFICATION
void glEdgeFlagv(const GLboolean * flag); PARAMETERS
flag Specifies a pointer to an array that contains a single boolean element, which replaces the current edge flag value. DESCRIPTION
Each vertex of a polygon, separate triangle, or separate quadrilateral specified between a glBegin()/glEnd() pair is marked as the start of either a boundary or nonboundary edge. If the current edge flag is true when the vertex is specified, the vertex is marked as the start of a boundary edge. Otherwise, the vertex is marked as the start of a nonboundary edge. glEdgeFlag sets the edge flag bit to GL_TRUE if flag is GL_TRUE and to GL_FALSE otherwise. The vertices of connected triangles and connected quadrilaterals are always marked as boundary, regardless of the value of the edge flag. Boundary and nonboundary edge flags on vertices are significant only if GL_POLYGON_MODE is set to GL_POINT or GL_LINE. See glPolygonMode(). NOTES
The current edge flag can be updated at any time. In particular, glEdgeFlag can be called between a call to glBegin() and the corresponding call to glEnd(). ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet() with argument GL_EDGE_FLAG SEE ALSO
glBegin(), glEdgeFlagPointer, glPolygonMode() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1991-2006 Silicon Graphics, Inc. This document is licensed under the SGI Free Software B License. For details, see http://oss.sgi.com/projects/FreeB/. AUTHORS
opengl.org opengl.org 06/10/2014 GLEDGEFLAG(3G)