Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Where have all my Bits gone?
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Where have all my Bits gone? Post 302948594 by Smiling Dragon on Tuesday 30th of June 2015 06:08:14 PM
Old 06-30-2015
Question Where have all my Bits gone?

Hi there admins/moderators,

I've just found that all my bits have vanished... both Savings and Checking accounts are showing '0' as the balance. I initially thought it was nefarious carry-on to blame but I can't see any evidence of a transfer out. Then I figured that bits had been decommissioned but can't see any indication of that in the forums. Now I'm assuming it's some kind of glitch.

The last thing I did with them was to move a bunch of bits into Savings some time ago (a bunch of months back).

Any one know what the story is here?

Cheers,
Smiling Dragon

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing 24 bits to 8 bits display

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to change 24 bits depth display to 8 bits depth display for Sun Ultra1, running Solaris 8? THANKS in advance. I think that the command is ffbconfig, but it has nothing about depth. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
4 Replies

2. AIX

How to convert a partition usin 64 bits kernel to 32 bits kernel?

Hello there: I know that exist a procedure to convert an OS using 32bits kernel to 64 bits kernel. But, exist a procedure to convert an OS using 64bits to 32 bits kernel? Please help me. Regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GEIER
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Bits

My bits count is increasing and decreasing frequently. I haven't get infractions at present. But my bits count is getting increasing and decreasing frequently. Previously it was not like that. May know the reasons please? Thanks in Advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thillai_selvan
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

32 bits procesaor with 64 bits Solaris

people i have a problem i have a 32 bits sparc processor, and solaris 64 bits processor, i install a oracle data base 64 bits, but my oracle will not run because my processor is from 32 bits this is ok??, i know if i have x86 i cannot install a 64 bits operatin system in a 32 bits processor. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
0 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Purchase from bits

I am referring this thread. New Bits Services for Forum Members I assumed this means that we can purchase the mentioned services from the bits available in the account. ( or I took it wrongly ?). When I click "Purchase" from the row "Request User Name Change (One Time)" The message... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Place Bits & Win Bits!!! - 17th Annual Satellite Awards

Ten movies have been nominated as best motion picture by the International Press Academy, presentation of the 2012 Satellite Awards will be held on 16th December at Los Angeles, CA. Place your bits here on one of the below nominated movie of your choice:- Argo ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoda
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Use of bits.....

Hi Friends.. Can anyone explain me the usage of bits.... I am unable to understand ..... I've moved this to a more appropriate forum on the board. Please consider where you are posting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharat1211
2 Replies
MODERATORS(5)						    InterNetNews Documentation						     MODERATORS(5)

NAME
moderators - Submission addresses for moderated groups DESCRIPTION
When an unapproved article is posted locally to a moderated newsgroup, it is not passed off to innd for normal handling; instead, it is sent via e-mail to the submission address for that newsgroup. The submission address is determined using this configuration file. The file pathetc/moderators is a list of associations between uwildmat(3) patterns matching newsgroups and the submission address for those newsgroups. Blank lines and lines starting with a number sign ("#") are ignored. All other lines should consist of two fields separated by a colon: <pattern>:<address> The first field is a uwildmat(3) pattern matching the group or groups to which this line applies. The first matching line is used, so more specific patterns should be listed before general patterns. The second field, the submission address, should be a simple e-mail address with one exception: at most one %s may occur anywhere in the address. If present, it will be replaced by the name of the newsgroup, with all periods in the name changed to dashes ("-"). If there is a literal "%" in the submission address, it must be written as "%%", even if not followed by an "s". With the %s syntax, periods are converted to dashes for historical reasons, from back in the days when periods in the local part of addresses were not always handled correctly. It's probably no longer necessary, but so much now depends on it that it can't be easily changed. It's intended that the sample moderators file included in the INN distribution always be sufficient for all world-wide newsgroups. The hosts behind moderators.isc.org have graciously volunteered to handle forwarding tasks for all world-wide newsgroups so that individual sites don't have to keep track of the submission addresses for moderated groups. The forwarding database used by moderators.isc.org is coordinated by <moderators-request@isc.org>; if you know of a world-wide newsgroup hierarchy that is not correctly handled by moderators.isc.org, please send the details to that address. Given that, the only thing you should have to add to the sample file under normal circumstances are the forwarding addresses for local or limited-distribution moderated groups. If this file doesn't exist, or if a post is made to a moderated group that has no matching entry in this file, nnrpd falls back on the value of moderatormailer set in inn.conf and, failing that, rejects the post. EXAMPLES
Here is a sample file: example.important:announce@example.com example.*:%s@smtp.example.com *:%s@moderators.isc.org Using the above file, postings to the moderated newsgroup in the left column below will be sent to the address shown in the right column below: example.important announce@example.com example.x-announce example-x-announce@smtp.example.com alt.dev.null alt-dev-null@moderators.isc.org Note that periods are changed to dashes and dashes are left alone with the %s syntax, so two moderated newsgroups whose names differ only by changing a period to a dash would go to the same address. Such newsgroup pairs should therefore not be created. HISTORY
Written by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. Rewritten in POD by Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu>. $Id: moderators.pod 8830 2009-11-29 16:49:59Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
inn.conf(5), nnrpd(8), uwildmat(3). INN 2.5.2 2010-02-08 MODERATORS(5)