Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: @ typing creates new line
Operating Systems HP-UX @ typing creates new line Post 302948287 by RudiC on Sunday 28th of June 2015 08:30:35 AM
Old 06-28-2015
Those commands should show up in .profile, which they apparently don't unless they're in tabsenv.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using the Esc key to complete command line typing

Dear Techs, In the past on a different box (HP) I use to be able to complete something I was typing by entering a portion of the filename in the pwd and I would hit the Esc key and it would match the rest of the filename. I did this without understanding how it was setup. Now I am on a new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jxh461
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Learn typing in Chinese

I have a burning desire to learn how to type in chinese (and after, probably with success, in another languages). How to do this, all symbols are needed, and methods of input also. And a map of chinese keyboar layout will be helpful. I want very much study program. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

No output to CL when typing in CL.

Hello all, I am in a terminal on Solaris and something weird is happening... When I am typing I can't see what I am typing, although what I am typing is working. As is if I type the command and hit enter, the command runs. Anyone have a clue why or how I can make it display my typing? Is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Typing the @ sign creates new line.

Whenever I type the @ sign like for example when using a proxy ftp server, The system forces the cursor to jump to a new line. I know it has something to do with the terminal settings. How can I get this to stop and more importantly, how can I modify my profile to set this up whenever I login? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricnetman
3 Replies

5. AIX

Typing "bash" at the command line spawns two bash processes

Server: IBM p770 OS: AIX 6.1 TL5 SP1 When one of our develoeprs types "bash" on the command line to switch shells, it hangs. For some reason, two bash processes are created....the first bash process spawns a second bash process in the same console, causing a hang. Anyone have any idea what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wjssj
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script creates empty line

I have the following awk script to which I pass the file > 10 0 0 10 0 0 > 12.997 0 5.71132 12.9098 0.0687626 5.48855 12.7506 0.174324 5.13225 12.5913 0.262662 4.80643 12.4316 0.335652 4.50283 12.2717 0.394598 4.21542 12.1113 0.440399 3.93957 11.9506 0.473646 3.67148 11.7894... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No $ when typing cw

Hi As a dummy my question is very simple. When typing cw I've read (many times) that a '$' should appear at the end of the word I'm about to change. However, it doesn't, and in my case the word is instantly deleted and so ready to be changed! Can somebody tell me why this is, or maybe I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joesh
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zero typing problem!

H, I I have this below script for removing the full path from a string which is indeed a filepath location if windows. It converts input \abc\asssh\abc To abc But if filename has 0 like: \abc\abc\00000Hgg Then its typing abc00000Hgg PLEASE note that its solaris. Script is: more... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
10 Replies
PREV(1)                                                              [nmh-1.5]                                                             PREV(1)

NAME
prev - show the previous message SYNOPSIS
prev [+folder] [-showproc program] [-showmimeproc program] [-header | -noheader] [-checkmime | -nocheckmime] [switches for showproc or showmimeproc] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Prev performs a show on the previous message in the specified (or current) folder. Like show, it passes any switches on to the program named by showproc or showmimeproc, which is called to list the message. This command is almost exactly equivalent to "show prev". Consult the manual entry for show(1) for all the details. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder showproc: Program to show non-MIME messages showmimeproc: Program to show MIME messages SEE ALSO
show(1), next(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder `-checkmime' `-header' CONTEXT
If a folder is specified, it will become the current folder. The message that is shown (i.e., the previous message in sequence) will become the current message. BUGS
prev is really a link to the show program. As a result, if you make a link to prev and that link is not called prev, your link will act like show instead. To circumvent this, add a profile-entry for the link to your nmh profile and add the argument prev to the entry. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 PREV(1)