Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Head command queries
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Head command queries Post 302947959 by RudiC on Wednesday 24th of June 2015 07:06:18 AM
Old 06-24-2015
Any attempt from your side?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple Command (head) Question

Okay, this probably sounds dumb for anyone who knows the answer, but I'm completely lost. I have to use the head command to search a directory AND all of its subdirectories to display the first line of all .txt files. I know how to do this: head -1 ~/UnixCourse/*.txt, but that does not search the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbud
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

head command

Hi All, How can the head command be used to extract only a particular line. By default head -n filename displays the first n lines. I want only the nth line. I couldn't get it from forum search. Thanks, Sumesh (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumesh.abraham
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alternative for head command

Hi friends,I am new to unix and this is really a dummy question.but please help me out. How to simulate head command without using head command??? also tail command too,also more command. it is given as a homework to do....please tell me how to do (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhilneela
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

head command with more than one file

Hi, I have the following problem. I have files with one column of data (let's say file1.dat, file2.dat...file6.dat), and I would like to record the first value of the column of each file into another file (let's name it fileall.dat), which would have the the six values, one in each column. I use to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: josegr
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Imitate head and tail command script

Hi, I have been given assignment of 30 scripts out of which I was able to solve many, I need help with few out of which one asks to imitate head and tail command of unix without using the head and tail commands. Problem is stated below: Write an interactive shell script to imitate the head... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nutalk
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script similar to the command HEAD

hello please if anyone can help me make a shell script similar to the command HEAD and TAIL THANKS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BELLA86
3 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Unix find and head command help

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I've been stuck on this problem for 2 days now What command would you enter to list the first lines of all text... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: partieboi37
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff/head - not sure if this is the right command to use

Hi, I need some advise on whether there is a better way of doing what I am currently planning to do. Perhaps I should be using arrays instead of re-directing output to files? I need to use a tool/program named ADRCI provided by Oracle to remove trace files that it generates. Honestly it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

UNIX head command not working?

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a script that allows the user to print the first n lines or the last n lines of every file in the... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: lukefrost96
18 Replies
GLGETERROR(3G)							   OpenGL Manual						    GLGETERROR(3G)

NAME
glGetError - return error information C SPECIFICATION
GLenum glGetError(void); DESCRIPTION
glGetError returns the value of the error flag. Each detectable error is assigned a numeric code and symbolic name. When an error occurs, the error flag is set to the appropriate error code value. No other errors are recorded until glGetError is called, the error code is returned, and the flag is reset to GL_NO_ERROR. If a call to glGetError returns GL_NO_ERROR, there has been no detectable error since the last call to glGetError, or since the GL was initialized. To allow for distributed implementations, there may be several error flags. If any single error flag has recorded an error, the value of that flag is returned and that flag is reset to GL_NO_ERROR when glGetError is called. If more than one flag has recorded an error, glGetError returns and clears an arbitrary error flag value. Thus, glGetError should always be called in a loop, until it returns GL_NO_ERROR, if all error flags are to be reset. Initially, all error flags are set to GL_NO_ERROR. The following errors are currently defined: GL_NO_ERROR No error has been recorded. The value of this symbolic constant is guaranteed to be 0. GL_INVALID_ENUM An unacceptable value is specified for an enumerated argument. The offending command is ignored and has no other side effect than to set the error flag. GL_INVALID_VALUE A numeric argument is out of range. The offending command is ignored and has no other side effect than to set the error flag. GL_INVALID_OPERATION The specified operation is not allowed in the current state. The offending command is ignored and has no other side effect than to set the error flag. GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION The framebuffer object is not complete. The offending command is ignored and has no other side effect than to set the error flag. GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY There is not enough memory left to execute the command. The state of the GL is undefined, except for the state of the error flags, after this error is recorded. GL_STACK_UNDERFLOW An attempt has been made to perform an operation that would cause an internal stack to underflow. GL_STACK_OVERFLOW An attempt has been made to perform an operation that would cause an internal stack to overflow. When an error flag is set, results of a GL operation are undefined only if GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY has occurred. In all other cases, the command generating the error is ignored and has no effect on the GL state or frame buffer contents. If the generating command returns a value, it returns 0. If glGetError itself generates an error, it returns 0. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1991-2006 Silicon Graphics, Inc. Copyright (C) 2012 Khronos Group. This document is licensed under the SGI Free Software B License. For details, see http://oss.sgi.com/projects/FreeB/. AUTHORS
opengl.org opengl.org 06/10/2014 GLGETERROR(3G)