Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help required with xargs to use sqlplus Post 302947680 by Aia on Saturday 20th of June 2015 11:11:12 AM
Old 06-20-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas_trl
Hello All,

I have a requirement in which i need to run few Oracle sql files in parallel.
I want to use xargs command [I don't want to use & and send the job to background] to achieve parallelism.

I tried below command:
Code:
cat x|xargs -n 1 -P 5 sqlplus -s $usr/$pwd@$Host @{}

File x has the list of sql files to be executed.

I am getting the error message
SP2-0310: unable to open file "{}.sql"

Please help me.

Thanks in Advance
I wonder if that helps.
Code:
xargs -I {} -n 1 -P 5 sqlplus -s $usr/$pwd@$Host @"{}" < x

This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with xargs

Hi there, I am trying to move around 3000 files from one directory to another. The mv command is complaining from too many arguments. I tried to use the xargs command but with no luck. Could some body provide help? Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimJim
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

why we use xargs..

hi , can anyone help me by saying why we use xargs.. is it acing like a place holder..? thanks, Krips. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xargs -P

I discovered that GNU's xargs has a -P option to allow its processes to run in parallel. Great! Is this a GNU thing, or is it supported by other platforms as well? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: otheus
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting required fields from a test file in required fromat in unix

My data is something like shown below. date1 date2 aaa bbbb ccccc date3 date4 dddd eeeeeee ffffffffff ggggg hh I want the output like this date1date2 aaa eeeeee I serached in the forum but didn't find the exact matching solution. Please help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using xargs

hi i just want to know that how do we use xargs command to find files which are greater than specified memory in a given directory (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit the cool
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in using xargs

Hi, I have a requirement to RCP the files from remote server to local server. Also the RCP has to run in parallel. However using 'xargs' retrives 2 file names during each loop. How do we restrict to only one file name using xargs and loop till remaining files. I use the below code for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil3d
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with xargs

Using the bash shell I'm trying to either create a command for the command line or a script that will show netstat info for a given process name. Here is an example of what I'm trying to do:$ ps aux |grep catalina |grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}' 5132 $ netstat -nlp |grep 5132 (Not all processes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: axiopisty
11 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Help required for Running SQLPLUS command from Bat file

Hello All, Good Afternoon. I am new to this platform and I need one small help regarding running a SQL file from Bat file. Below is what I am doing, 1. I placed the below command in one Bat file. start putty.exe -ssh user@host -pw pwd -m C:\2.txt 2. In 2.txt, I have below command. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PavanPatil
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus error - sqlplus -s <login/password@dbname> : No such file or directory

i am using bash shell Whenever i declare an array, and then using sqlplus, i am getting sqlplus error and return code 127. IFS="," declare -a Arr=($Variable1); SQLPLUS=sqlplus -s "${DBUSER}"/"${DBPASS}"@"${DBASE} echo "set head off ; " > ${SQLCMD} echo "set PAGESIZE 0 ;" >> ${SQLCMD}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghadeep adity
6 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem on SQLplus command ""bash: sqlplus: command not found""

Hi all, i face an error related to my server ""it's running server"" when i use sqlplus command $ sqlplus bash: sqlplus: command not found the data base is up and running i just need to access the sqlplus to import the dump file as a daily backup. i already check the directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: clerck
4 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)