Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Improve script and get new output file Post 302946842 by RudiC on Friday 12th of June 2015 07:29:33 PM
Old 06-12-2015
Well, may I doubt "It works Fine"? Parts of it, maybe, but still that "do" is missing, for certain leading to an error message.
Every programmer has his/her own style, and none of those is THE style, but - please - adopt some indentation habits that structure your code making it easier to read and understand.
For your clarity and by sheer courtesy to us, do the first step yourself and tidy that thing up. If correctly, structuredly, and nicely presented, optimization opportunities will lend themselves to implemention...
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I improve this script ???

Hi all, Still a newbie and learning as I go ... as you do :) Have created this script to report on disc usage and I've just included the ChkSpace function this morning. It's the first time I've read a file (line-by-bloody-line) and would like to know if I can improve this script ? FYI - I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any way to improve performance of this script

I have a data file of 2 gig I need to do all these, but its taking hours, any where i can improve performance, thanks a lot #!/usr/bin/ksh echo TIMESTAMP="$(date +'_%y-%m-%d.%H-%M-%S')" function showHelp { cat << EOF >&2 syntax extreme.sh FILENAME Specify filename to parse EOF... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirababu
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve the performance of a shell script

Hi Friends, I wrote the below shell script to generate a report on alert messages recieved on a day. But i for processing around 4500 lines (alerts) the script is taking aorund 30 minutes to process. Please help me to make it faster and improve the performace of the script. i would be very... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to improve the performance of script

Hi All, I have written a script as follows which is taking lot of time in executing/searching only 3500 records taken as input from one file in log file of 12 GB Approximately. Working of script is read the csv file as an input having 2 arguments which are transaction_id,mobile_number and search... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Var Check Script (Help improve if possible)

I am working on a script to check the var on all of my systems. Can someone help me fix it to work better or give me suggestions. #!/bin/ksh IN=/path/to/list_of_workstations.txt while read hostnames do if ping $hostnames 1 | grep alive > /dev/null then percent=`ssh -q... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whotippedmycow
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking to improve the output of this awk one-liner

I have the following awk one-liner I came up with last night to gather some data. and it works pretty well (apologies, I'm quite new with awk, and don't know how to format this pretty-printed). You can see the output with it. awk '{if ($8 == 41015 && $21 == "requests") arr+=$20;if ($8 == 41015... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to improve the performance of this script?

Hi , i wrote a script to convert dates to the formate i want .it works fine but the conversion is tkaing lot of time . Can some one help me tweek this script #!/bin/bash file=$1 ofile=$2 cp $file $ofile mydates=$(grep -Po '+/+/+' $ofile) # gets 8/1/13 mydates=$(echo "$mydates" | sort |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve sftp script

Dear all, I have written two scripts to transfer files to another server outside the company. One is a batch script , and the other script calls the batch script, send the files and archive the file sent. The problem is, that I want to get the list of files which have been uploaded the the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arrals_vl
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to improve an script?

Gents. I have 2 different scripts for the same purpose: raw2csv_1 Script raw2csv_1 finish the process in less that 1 minute raw2csv_2 Script raw2csv_2 finish the process in more that 6 minutes. Can you please check if there is any option to improve the raw2csv_2. To finish the job... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve script

Gents, Is there the possibility to improve this script to be able to have same output information. I did this script, but I believe there is a very short code to get same output here my script awk -F, '{if($10>0 && $10<=15) print $6}' tmp1 | sort -k1n | awk '{a++} END { for (n in a )... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
23 Replies
TIDY_PARSE_FILE(3)							 1							TIDY_PARSE_FILE(3)

tidy::parseFile - Parse markup in file or URI

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
bool tidy::parseFile (string $filename, [mixed $config], [string $encoding], [bool $use_include_path = false]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style tidy tidy_parse_file (string $filename, [mixed $config], [string $encoding], [bool $use_include_path = false]) Parses the given file. PARAMETERS
o $filename - If the $filename parameter is given, this function will also read that file and initialize the object with the file, acting like tidy_parse_file(3). o $config - The config $config can be passed either as an array or as a string. If a string is passed, it is interpreted as the name of the configuration file, otherwise, it is interpreted as the options themselves. For an explanation about each option, see http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html. o $encoding - The $encoding parameter sets the encoding for input/output documents. The possible values for encoding are: ascii, latin0, latin1, raw, utf8, iso2022, mac, win1252, ibm858, utf16, utf16le, utf16be, big5, and shiftjis. o $use_include_path - Search for the file in the include_path. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 tidy_parse_file(3) example <?php $tidy = new tidy(); $tidy->parseFile('file.html'); $tidy->cleanRepair(); if(!empty($tidy->errorBuffer)) { echo "The following errors or warnings occurred: "; echo $tidy->errorBuffer; } ?> NOTES
Note The optional parameters $config and $encoding were added in Tidy 2.0. SEE ALSO
tidy.parsestring(3), tidy.repairfile(3), tidy.repairstring(3). PHP Documentation Group TIDY_PARSE_FILE(3)