Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Excluding files with timestamp from ls Post 302946720 by Aia on Thursday 11th of June 2015 03:08:39 PM
Old 06-11-2015
Code:
ls aa[^.]*

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excluding Old Files on AWK !!!

People, I'm sorry because my english is not very good, I'm from Brazil and I need to create shell script that exclude old files. How can I do this? I have an AWK script that works for Unix TRU64 (DIGITAL) and the same script does not work for SUN SOLARIS 5.8. Follows the script fragment: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalvarenga
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for files excluding binary files

Hi All, I need a solution on my following find command find ./.. -name '*.file' -print BTW This gives me the output as belows ./rtlsim/test/ADCONV0/infile/ad0_dagctst.file ./rtlsim/test/ADCONV0/user_command.file ./rtlsim/test/ADCONV0/simv.daidir/scsim.db.dir/scsim.db.file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find excluding the hidden files

Hi , I am trying to use the find command with delete in a directory . Even though i use a wil character search the find command is checking the hidden files which inturn results in error . Can i avoid look that into the hidden files ?? I am using HP unix . find /cv1/ -name "ite*"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

listing files excluding files from control file

I have a directory named Project.I have a control file which contains valid list of files.I would like list the files from directory Project which contains files other than listed in the control file. Sample control file: TEST SEND SFFFILE CONTL The directory contains followign... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
15 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy Directories excluding files

Hi guys, I want to copy folder and sub folders only. I don't want the files. If i use cp -r command it will copy entirely with files. Could any one suggest me. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthik82
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp -Rp excluding certain files?

Hi, I'm using cp -Rp to copy directories while preserving permissions. I want to exclude any ".lproj" files except for "English.lproj" and "en.lproj" from being copied, but the rest is copied as usual. Is there a way to do this (without using tar or other compression utilities) Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count number of files in directory excluding existing files

Hi, Please let me know how to find out number of files in a directory excluding existing files..The existing file format will be unknown..each time.. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying files with a timestamp greater than a given timestamp

I need to be able to identify files with file timestamps greater than a given timestamp. I am using the following solution, although it appears to compare files at the "seconds" granularity and I need it at the milliseconds. When I tested my solution, it missed files that had timestamps... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find all files in the current directory excluding hidden files and directories

Find all files in the current directory only excluding hidden directories and files. For the below command, though it's not deleting hidden files.. it is traversing through the hidden directories and listing normal which should be avoided. `find . \( ! -name ".*" -prune \) -mtime +${n_days}... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksailesh1
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append string to all the files inside a directory excluding subdirectories and .zip files

Hii, Could someone help me to append string to the starting of all the filenames inside a directory but it should exclude .zip files and subdirectories. Eg. file1: test1.log file2: test2.log file3 test.zip After running the script file1: string_test1.log file2: string_test2.log file3:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
4 Replies
PAM_TIMESTAMP_CHECK(8)						 Linux-PAM Manual					    PAM_TIMESTAMP_CHECK(8)

NAME
pam_timestamp_check - Check to see if the default timestamp is valid SYNOPSIS
pam_timestamp_check [-k] [-d] [target_user] DESCRIPTION
With no arguments pam_timestamp_check will check to see if the default timestamp is valid, or optionally remove it. OPTIONS
-k Instead of checking the validity of a timestamp, remove it. This is analogous to sudo's -k option. -d Instead of returning validity using an exit status, loop indefinitely, polling regularly and printing the status on standard output. target_user By default pam_timestamp_check checks or removes timestamps generated by pam_timestamp when the user authenticates as herself. When the user authenticates as a different user, the name of the timestamp file changes to accommodate this. target_user allows to specify this user name. RETURN VALUES
0 The timestamp is valid. 2 The binary is not setuid root. 3 Invalid invocation. 4 User is unknown. 5 Permissions error. 6 Invalid controlling tty. 7 Timestamp is not valid. NOTES
Users can get confused when they are not always asked for passwords when running a given program. Some users reflexively begin typing information before noticing that it is not being asked for. EXAMPLES
auth sufficient pam_timestamp.so verbose auth required pam_unix.so session required pam_unix.so session optional pam_timestamp.so FILES
/var/run/sudo/... timestamp files and directories SEE ALSO
pam_timestamp_check(8), pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_tally was written by Nalin Dahyabhai. Linux-PAM Manual 04/01/2010 PAM_TIMESTAMP_CHECK(8)