Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Create an unconfigured VMware host from a template that is set to do firstboot --reconfig Post 302945854 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 3rd of June 2015 11:26:11 PM
Old 06-04-2015
This User Gave Thanks to fpmurphy For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create users from template

Create users from template file (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rijeshpp
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris on Vmware host of vista

Hi I am planning to install solaris as a virtual machine on vista as host os. My requirements are I want to access virtual machine from vista using putty. So how to assign static ip to virtual machine ? In future i might have to virtual machines so i want communication between them as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Connectivity between Solaris 10 in VMWare and windows Host

I have installed Open Solaris 10 on VMware which is hosted on Windows XP, my PC. I would like to have a connection between Solaris and Windows, so that i can SSH/Telnet from windows to Solaris. I don't have any Internet connection. Please help me with the network connection settings i have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsachin245
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

can't ping to my VMWare CentOs after seting host name

Im using CentOs 5.5 , i tried to change the host name to be for example my_server_1 , according to the web i changed the /etc/sysconf/network to look like this : NETWORKING=yes NETWORKING_IPV6=no #HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain HOSTNAME=my_server_1 and changed the hosts file to look like this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Server - Need to set up VMWare

Hi experts, We are faced with a dilemma - we have a AIX server for educational purposes. We had some Oracle applications running on them. The management decided not to extend the warranty, so we are left with a server that we cannot upgrade immediately. I was wondering if we could set up... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranj@chn
2 Replies

6. Programming

Perl script to create latex template.

Hi, I have XML file and I extracted some tags and stored in hash, my data as look like this $var1={ 'stud.xml'={ '24'=>'<address> <streetname="xxxx"/> <housenum="138"/"> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create EVIM template with SAS extension

I write lots of SAS programs and would like to create a script that allows me to have a template each time I create a new program file. Specs: I use EVIM for my editor. I run SAS in batch mode. We use RedHat 6. I don't use c shell. I want a script that will do the following: >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: starbecks
3 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help with Install KVM and Create Virtual Machines VMWare In PC

Help with Install KVM and Create Virtual Machines VMWare In PC. I want to lean KVM bios Logical Volume Management by KVM and other problem fix remotely.So,I want to practice on my PC.It,s Possible then how? Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: domaingood
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash/awk and for loop to create a template

Source File: google.cz http://czechrepublic.google.com/ http://czechrepublic.google.cz http://czechrepublic.google.com/ http://brno.google.cz http://brno.google.com/ Fail Code root@arisvm ~/g] $ cat trya rm -f ss for i in a.txt do #b=`cat $i|awk '{print $1}'` #c=`cat $i|awk '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Creating a VMware template

Hello, I am creating a Solaris 11 template on my ESXI host. I would like each VM that is deployed from the template to have its own unique host fingerprint. With Linux, I simply delete host keys, which causes new keys to be generated at bootup (new VM deployment) Is there a way to do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firefoxx04
1 Replies
cfg_unconfigure(9r)													       cfg_unconfigure(9r)

NAME
cfg_unconfigure - General: Unconfigures a kernel subsystem SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/sysconfig.h> ); cfg_status_t cfg_unconfigure( char *subsys ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies the name of the subsystem to be unconfigured. DESCRIPTION
The cfg_unconfigure kernel routine is used to unconfigure a subsystem. If the subsystem is not configured into the kernel, this routine returns an error. If subsystem is sucessfully unconfigured, the state of the driver is marked as unconfigured. An attempt is also made to unload the subsystem's module from the kernel. A dynamically loadable kernel subsystem is subject to be unloaded. RETURN VALUES
This routine returns 32 bit status values composed of subsystem status and framework status segments. The upper 16 bits is the subsystem status (CFG_STATUS_SUBSYS) and the lower 16 bits is the frame status (CFG_STATUS_FRAME). The return values are organized as follows: [Upper subsystem 16 bits][Lower framework 16 bits] The subsystem status is returned by the subsystem's configure routine and can be any error in errno.h. The framework status is returned by the configuration framework and the possible values are defined in <sys/sysconfig.h> as CFG_FRAME_Exxx. A successful operation has ESUCCESS(0) returned in both status segments. See the cfg_errno(9r) and errno(2) reference pages for more details about error numbers and status. EXAMPLE
A subsystem may be unconfigured using the cfg_unconfigure kernel routine as follows: status = cfg_unconfigure(subsystem_name); SEE ALSO
Routines: cfg_subsys_unconfig(3), cfg_configure(9r), cfg_errno(9r), cfg_query(9r), cfg_reconfigure(9r), cfg_subsysop(9r), Other: errno(2), cfg_unconfigure(9r)