Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Tree command does not print properly Post 302945017 by fpmurphy on Monday 25th of May 2015 11:32:21 AM
Old 05-25-2015
What is the output of your locale command?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to output the results of the AT command - properly!

Hi, I am new to UNIX and I am more used to simple commands like those in VMS. One of them is the ability to get the output from a job using the /out=<file> command in VMS. I want to submit a job (a set of unix commands) using the AT command but to get the output in a file like that used in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SpanishPassion
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tree command

In DOS, to get the complete directory structure, we use 'TREE' command.. can anyone tell me what is the equivalent command in Unix I am using SunOS ABC 5.8 Generic_117350-18 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wip_vasikaran
1 Replies

3. Solaris

What command can display files in a tree?

Is there a command that displays a certain path of files in a tree just like the dos command 'tree'? (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
17 Replies

4. Programming

c++ code to print a tree using stl map

hi all, i need c++ code to print a binary or non binary tree using stl map.... please help me to find the same.......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidyaj
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tree command

How can i install tree command in ubundu without root ? I have found some shell script which does the same job as tree but i would like to get all the options in tree command thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Likely charset issue with tree command?

Hi All I'm using a tree command in a script that for me outputs:- | - - DIRECTORYNAME However a different user is getting the following output:- aaa (actually with an umlat above them) DIRECTORYNAME I'm not sure where this could be coming from, any ideas anyone? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Tree as alias command

Hi, I have this command: ls -R | grep ":$" | sed -e 's/:$//' -e 's/*\//--/g' -e 's/^/ /' -e 's/-/|/' Works nicely to show the current file structure as a tree. I'd like to have it as an alias in '' but doesn't work just like that and I can't fix it with backslashes: alias tree='?' ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: borobudur
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on ps tree listing command - Linux/Solaris

Hi all, Can any guru please help on how I can tweak the following ps command so that it only shows the lines that I wanted. $ command ps -HAcl -F S -A f F S UID PID PPID CLS PRI ADDR SZ WCHAN RSS PSR STIME TTY TIME CMD 4 S root 1 0 TS 24 - 2592 ? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date command is not working properly

Hi, in my script, i take the last month by a=$(date --date '1 month ago' +%Y%m) i expect that it give me in this month "March" as result 201402, but linux gave me 201403. IMPe@ABC123:> ~/date --date '1 month ago' +%Y%m 201403 i'm reasonably confused. Any idea? Thanks in advance, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print not working properly

Hello friends, There is one requirment where I need to login into database environment and pull all schema names into a text file ... as of now below are the schemas available... $> describe keyspaces; system_schema system_auth system abc system_distributed system_traces Now from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
4 Replies
LOCALE.CONF(5)							    locale.conf 						    LOCALE.CONF(5)

NAME
locale.conf - configuration file for locale settings SYNOPSIS
/etc/locale.conf DESCRIPTION
The /etc/locale.conf file configures system-wide locale settings. The basic file format of locale.conf is a newline-separated list of environment-like shell-compatible variable assignments. It is possible to source the configuration from shell scripts, however, beyond mere variable assignments no shell features are supported, allowing applications to read the file without implementing a shell compatible execution engine. Note that the kernel command line options locale.LANG=, locale.LANGUAGE=, locale.LC_CTYPE=, locale.LC_NUMERIC=, locale.LC_TIME=, locale.LC_COLLATE=, locale.LC_MONETARY=, locale.LC_MESSAGES=, locale.LC_PAPER=, locale.LC_NAME=, locale.LC_ADDRESS=, locale.LC_TELEPHONE=, locale.LC_MEASUREMENT=, locale.LC_IDENTIFICATION= may be used to override the locale settings at boot. The locale settings configured in /etc/locale.conf are system-wide and are inherited by every service or user, unless overridden or unset by individual programs or individual users. Depending on the operating system other configuration files might be checked for locale configuration as well, however only as fallback. OPTIONS
The following locale settings may be set using /etc/locale.conf: LANG=, LANGUAGE=, LC_CTYPE=, LC_NUMERIC=, LC_TIME=, LC_COLLATE=, LC_MONETARY=, LC_MESSAGES=, LC_PAPER=, LC_NAME=, LC_ADDRESS=, LC_TELEPHONE=, LC_MEASUREMENT=, LC_IDENTIFICATION=. Note that LC_ALL may not be be configured in this file. For details about the meaning and semantics of these settings, refer to locale(7). EXAMPLE
Example 1. German locale with English messages /etc/locale.conf: LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 LC_MESSAGES=C SEE ALSO
systemd(1), locale(7) AUTHOR
Lennart Poettering <lennart@poettering.net> Developer systemd 10/07/2013 LOCALE.CONF(5)