Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compiling source code issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compiling source code issue Post 302943877 by Corona688 on Wednesday 13th of May 2015 01:37:27 PM
Old 05-13-2015
Try ./configure --help, it probably has an option for perl's path.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

bash...Not found through where(compiling source file)

Hi i have compiled and installed bash 3.2 on my hp-ux parisc its in path /usr/local/pkg/bash/bin/bash .....When im search for this bash (through whereis bash) im not findind but other which i hve done in same procedure( gettext,m4) ..Im able to find through whereis search option can any1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
3 Replies

2. Programming

Help with Compiling large source file using g++

HI All, I m compiling a 27 MB cpp file and compiler crashes. My enviroment : RH 9, compiler g++ how i m compiling g++ -fPIC -DWITH_OPENSSL -DWITH_COOKIES -c soapC.cpp it took almost 30 -32 to throw error like report bug etc. I will post the same error, but if can any body tell how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: helpmeforlinux
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 - Compiling package from source? Different from pkgadd?

Hey everyone, I'm using a SPARC based Solaris 10 5/09 machine and want to install PHP support to it. I already have mysql and apache( came with OS, just started the proccess) installed, so this is the last thing before I can get to learning development :) However, there's something I'm not sure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agummad
1 Replies

4. AIX

Compiling samba from source in AIX 5.3

Hello all. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs with no issues, but when the time comes to make, this happens: make: make 1254-025 There must be an existing description file or specify a target. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling Samba from Source on AIX, Active Directory, LDAP, Kerberos

Hello, I asked this question in the AIX subforum but never received an answer, probably because the AIX forum is not that heavily trafficked. Anyway, here it is.. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
9 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

High Performance Linpack Compiling Issue

I'm trying to compile Linpack on a Ubuntu cluster. I'm running MPI. I've modified the following values to fit my system TOPdir MPdir LAlib CC LINKER. When compiling I get the following error: (the error is at the end, the other errors in between are because I've ran the script several times so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPJPJPJP
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

environment variables for compiling from source

Hello, I was trying to istall Gdkpixbuff 2.26.1 in my laptop ubuntu 11.10, when I did: ./configure and I got these error message *** 'pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0' returned 2.33.1, but GLIB (2.30.0) was found! If pkg-config was correct, then it is best *** to remove the old version of GLib.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

8. Programming

Compiling C++ source file

I am trying to compile a c++ source file print_options.cpp and getting lot of errors g++ -I/media/ios120/chrisd/research/tomso-branches/tomso_12_05 /media/ios120/chrisd/research/tomso-branches/tomso_12_05/libs/program_options/print_options.cpp In file included from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue Enabling DAQ's NFQ Module while Compiling

Hello All, OS: OpenSuSE 12.3 x86_64 A little while back I installed Snort 2.9.6 and was trying to use the NFQ module along with it for packet acquisition but got errors that the module is not present. If I run: # snort --daq-list Available DAQ modules: pcap(v3): readback live multi... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
0 Replies
PERLCC(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						 PERLCC(1)

NAME
perlcc - generate executables from Perl programs SYNOPSIS
$ perlcc hello # Compiles into executable 'a.out' $ perlcc -o hello hello.pl # Compiles into executable 'hello' $ perlcc -O file # Compiles using the optimised C backend $ perlcc -B file # Compiles using the bytecode backend $ perlcc -c file # Creates a C file, 'file.c' $ perlcc -S -o hello file # Creates a C file, 'file.c', # then compiles it to executable 'hello' $ perlcc -c out.c file # Creates a C file, 'out.c' from 'file' $ perlcc -e 'print q//' # Compiles a one-liner into 'a.out' $ perlcc -c -e 'print q//' # Creates a C file 'a.out.c' $ perlcc -I /foo hello # extra headers (notice the space after -I) $ perlcc -L /foo hello # extra libraries (notice the space after -L) $ perlcc -r hello # compiles 'hello' into 'a.out', runs 'a.out'. $ perlcc -r hello a b c # compiles 'hello' into 'a.out', runs 'a.out'. # with arguments 'a b c' $ perlcc hello -log c # compiles 'hello' into 'a.out' logs compile # log into 'c'. DESCRIPTION
perlcc creates standalone executables from Perl programs, using the code generators provided by the B module. At present, you may either create executable Perl bytecode, using the "-B" option, or generate and compile C files using the standard and 'optimised' C backends. The code generated in this way is not guaranteed to work. The whole codegen suite ("perlcc" included) should be considered very experimen- tal. Use for production purposes is strongly discouraged. OPTIONS
-Llibrary directories Adds the given directories to the library search path when C code is passed to your C compiler. -Iinclude directories Adds the given directories to the include file search path when C code is passed to your C compiler; when using the Perl bytecode option, adds the given directories to Perl's include path. -o output file name Specifies the file name for the final compiled executable. -c C file name Create C code only; do not compile to a standalone binary. -e perl code Compile a one-liner, much the same as "perl -e '...'" -S Do not delete generated C code after compilation. -B Use the Perl bytecode code generator. -O Use the 'optimised' C code generator. This is more experimental than everything else put together, and the code created is not guaran- teed to compile in finite time and memory, or indeed, at all. -v Increase verbosity of output; can be repeated for more verbose output. -r Run the resulting compiled script after compiling it. -log Log the output of compiling to a file rather than to stdout. perl v5.8.0 2003-02-18 PERLCC(1)