Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Cannot eliminate screen blank, lock or saver or whatever it's called... Post 302943814 by RudiC on Wednesday 13th of May 2015 04:59:04 AM
Old 05-13-2015
I have xscreensaver -no-splash running...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Screen saver

Can any one help me knowing how to do screen saver after certain time ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hegazy Mahdy
3 Replies

2. Solaris

how to remove the screen saver on solaris box

Hi, :) I have a Sun 3500 box with solaris 8 in it. I dont know who had installed the screen saver. every 5 minutes the screen saver comes up. Its annoying when we are working on the console. Can any one tell what i can do to remove the screen saver. Thanks in advance. Ishila. :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ishila
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

My screen saver for a plain session

Good day. :) I don't know exactly where or how to post this kind of stuff, but I though I'd like to have a look at my "Screen Saver" in progress. Comments welcome. This uses bash. Just copy and pase into any file. Make o+x and run. Feel free to edit and change all u like. Thanks. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blooper
0 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

screen saver in UNIX~~~~~~HELP NEEDED

One of my Sun Box running SUNOS 4.1.3_U1, the screen saver in turn on. if there anyway to disable the screen saver? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Screen Saver Resolution

I am using sun solaris machine i have given the specs of that machine given below Name of athe Platform : SUNW,Ultra-5_10 Machiene hardware :sun4u Processor Type :sparc Operating system : solaris 10 Monitory TYpe : SAMSUNG Sync Master... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambavaram
2 Replies

6. Solaris

screen saver

I am using solaris 10 x86, i am trying to create my own sreensavers using the pictures in my folder. pls can someone tell on how to go about this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Screen Saver for LINUX - ROOT

Good Morning. I have a question about screen savers in LINUX especially CENTOS. I don't seem to have a problem setting the screen saver with a password required for the root account(version 5.3). I'm told earlier versions you could not set it for. I was wondering if newer versions of LINUX had... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ejjones
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Screen saver mode at work

Hi, At work, the PC Windows 7 goes to screen saver mode after 10 minutes. I don't have access to change that. It's grayed out for me. After 10 minutes, the IM will say " AWAY" and my email status will say " AWAY ". Email and IM both are from Microsoft. My question is there any work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies
XSetScreenSaver(3X11)													     XSetScreenSaver(3X11)

NAME
XSetScreenSaver, XForceScreenSaver, XActivateScreenSaver, XResetScreenSaver, XGetScreenSaver - manipulate the screen saver SYNOPSIS
XSetScreenSaver(display, timeout, interval, prefer_blanking, allow_exposures) Display *display; int timeout, interval; int prefer_blanking; int allow_exposures; XForceScreenSaver(display, mode) Display *display; int mode; XActivateScreenSaver(display) Display *display; XResetScreenSaver(display) Display *display; XGetScreenSaver(display, timeout_return, interval_return, prefer_blanking_return, allow_exposures_return) Display *display; int *timeout_return, *interval_return; int *prefer_blanking_return; int *allow_exposures_return; ARGUMENTS
Specifies the screen save control values. You can pass DontAllowExposures, AllowExposures, or DefaultExposures. Returns the current screen save control value (DontAllowExposures, AllowExposures, or DefaultExposures). Specifies the connection to the X server. Specifies the interval, in seconds, between screen saver alterations. Returns the interval between screen saver invocations. Specifies the mode that is to be applied. You can pass ScreenSaverActive or ScreenSaverReset. Specifies how to enable screen blanking. You can pass DontPreferBlank- ing, PreferBlanking, or DefaultBlanking. Returns the current screen blanking preference (DontPreferBlanking, PreferBlanking, or Default- Blanking). Specifies the timeout, in seconds, until the screen saver turns on. Returns the timeout, in seconds, until the screen saver turns on. DESCRIPTION
Timeout and interval are specified in seconds. A timeout of 0 disables the screen saver (but an activated screen saver is not deactivated), and a timeout of -1 restores the default. Other negative values generate a BadValue error. If the timeout value is nonzero, XSetScreenSaver enables the screen saver. An interval of 0 disables the random-pattern motion. If no input from devices (keyboard, mouse, and so on) is generated for the specified number of timeout seconds once the screen saver is enabled, the screen saver is activated. For each screen, if blanking is preferred and the hardware supports video blanking, the screen simply goes blank. Otherwise, if either exposures are allowed or the screen can be regenerated without sending Expose events to clients, the screen is tiled with the root window background tile randomly re-origined each interval seconds. Otherwise, the screens' state do not change, and the screen saver is not acti- vated. The screen saver is deactivated, and all screen states are restored at the next keyboard or pointer input or at the next call to XForceScreenSaver with mode ScreenSaverReset. If the server-dependent screen saver method supports periodic change, the interval argument serves as a hint about how long the change period should be, and zero hints that no periodic change should be made. Examples of ways to change the screen include scrambling the col- ormap periodically, moving an icon image around the screen periodically, or tiling the screen with the root window background tile, ran- domly re-origined periodically. XSetScreenSaver can generate a BadValue error. If the specified mode is ScreenSaverActive and the screen saver currently is deactivated, XForceScreenSaver activates the screen saver even if the screen saver had been disabled with a timeout of zero. If the specified mode is ScreenSaverReset and the screen saver currently is enabled, XForceScreenSaver deactivates the screen saver if it was activated, and the activation timer is reset to its initial state (as if device input had been received). XForceScreenSaver can generate a BadValue error. The XActivateScreenSaver function activates the screen saver. The XResetScreenSaver function resets the screen saver. The XGetScreenSaver function gets the current screen saver values. DIAGNOSTICS
Some numeric value falls outside the range of values accepted by the request. Unless a specific range is specified for an argument, the full range defined by the argument's type is accepted. Any argument defined as a set of alternatives can generate this error. SEE ALSO
Xlib -- C Language X Interface XSetScreenSaver(3X11)