Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Create Dynamic if condition
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create Dynamic if condition Post 302943644 by rbatte1 on Monday 11th of May 2015 12:06:14 PM
Old 05-11-2015
Would something like this, base on a case statement work?
Code:
$ cat case_test
t1=Red
t2=Yellow
t3=Green
t4=Brown
t5=Blue
t6=Pink
t7=Black

case $1 in
 $t1) echo "The red ball is worth 1 point."         ;;
 $t2) echo "The yellow ball is worth 2 points."     ;;
 $t3) echo "The green ball is worth 3 points."      ;;
 $t4) echo "The brown ball is worth 4 points."      ;;
 $t5) echo "The blue ball is worth 5 points."       ;;
 $t6) echo "The pink ball is worth 6 points."       ;;
 $t7) echo "The black ball is worth 7 points."      ;;
 *)   echo "Any other option is a foul."            ;;
esac

I get the following simple sample output:-
Code:
$ ./case_test Yellow
The yellow ball is worth 2 points.
$ ./case_test White 
Any other option is a foul.
$

You could easily set the variables t1, t2, t3 etc. based on your tail output and set all the others to be dummy or the like to effectively switch off those tests.

Does that give you an angle?

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a dynamic list?

Hi falks, I need to write a function in k-shell which cd to root directory and ask the user which sub directory you want to tar. The user will select directories untill quit. How to do it? Thanks in advance, Nir (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create folder wen the condition satisfied

hi i hav files ha1j ha2m ha3n ha4q ha5s ...like tat im having some 20 files ..and i want to create a folder as the same amount of files which im having wen the condition if loop is satisfied .. thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximas
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sql dynamic table / dynamic inserts

I have a file that reads File (X.txt) Contents of record 1: rdrDESTINATION_ADDRESS (String) "91 971502573813" rdrDESTINATION_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrORIGINATING_ADDRESS (String) "d0 movies" rdrORIGINATING_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrTRAFFIC_EVENT_TIME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

create separate file after checking condition..

Problem : I want to create a separate file for country list if condition is true. Please help. ***************************************************** Input file: SV-INCR-139302-365540488-201104090934.sqllog SV-INCR-1082-552793184-201104040805.sqllog SV-INCR-1077-855045741-201104040805.sqllog... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: humaemo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect stdout echo command in condition A run in condition B

hi, I have some problems in my simple script about the redirect echo stdout command inside a condition. Why is the echo command inside the elif still execute in the else command Here are my simple script After check on the two diff output the echo stdout redirect is present in two diff... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a condition for a non-included string

hey, just want to ask how to check this scenario a="apple banana cherry" if egg=0 fi how do you do the condition? thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Create dynamic ksh script from a script

I am currently running 2 scripts to gather data for a 3rd script and would like to combine the 2 scripts into one. Having issues with the final output format. Note cannot post URL so replaced the http stuff with (name) in the examples All scripts contain #!/bin/ksh OS = Red Hat Enterprise... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcpinkerton
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create, validate and using dynamic variables in Bash scripting

Hi All, I am really struggling to solve this problem, this might be small but I am not able to, can somebody help me? I have few directories and these directories receives text files in large amount with in fraction of seconds. So I just want to send all the files in current directory to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VasuKukkapalli
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a file on UNIX with multiple columns on certain condition

I need to write the list of files to a new file in one column , the second column would contain the first line of that file (header record extracted through head -1 ) and the third column would contain the last record of that file (trailer record tail -1 ) . Example :- folder where the files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create folder by using if and elif condition?

Hi All, I have already code to create folder for one country let say US , now we want to create folder/directory for JP country also using shell script , application server. $COUNTRY='US' if ] then if mkdir -m 777 -p /opt/TEST/$COUNTRY/$INVOICE >/dev/null 2>&1 | tee -a ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boost
5 Replies
MOLRENDER(1)						      General Commands Manual						      MOLRENDER(1)

NAME
molrender - render a molecule input file in a variety of ways SYNOPSIS
molrender [ -model { ball | stick | conolly } ] [ -render render ] [ -pdb | -keyval ] [ -keyword keyword ] [ -level integer ] DESCRIPTION
molrender reads a molecule from an input file and can render it in a variety of ways. The output is an OOGL file that can be read and dis- played with the geomview(1) program. If you prefer a GUI over the command line, you can use the tkmolrender(1) script. OPTIONS
molrender takes the following command line options: -model { ball | stick | conolly } Set the output model. -render render Output render. The only accepted value currently is oogl. -pdb Input is a PDB file. -keyval Input is a KeyVal input. -keyword keyword Keyword to read in a KeyVal input. -level integer Integer that represent the sphere subdivision level. SEE ALSO
geomview(1), tkmolrender(1) Version 2 21 Feb 2008 MOLRENDER(1)