Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Daily averages...
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums Daily averages... Post 302943462 by Don Cragun on Friday 8th of May 2015 03:05:17 PM
Old 05-08-2015
Is this a homework assignment?

What have you tried so far?
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Python Script to calculate averages

I'm fairly new to python so bare with me. I'm trying to write a script that would calculate my class average from exams. The script will look at a text file formatted like this: Calculus 95 90 92 Physics 80 85 92 History 90 82 83 95 The output should look like this: Calculus 92.33... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate Averages !

Hi, I have a file with more than 2,000 rows like this: 05/26/2011,1200,1500 I would like to create a awk shell script that calculate the price average of the second and third field each 5,10 and 20 rows or ask me for the values, starting at first row. Finally compare the average value... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csierra
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving Averages SMA !

Hello, I am trying to create a awk script to calculate the simple moving average of two fields but I got only the result of the first field. Could you please help me to fix this awk shell script awk -F, -v points=5 ' { a = $2; b = $3; if(NR>=points) { total_a = 0; total_b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csierra
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a list of load averages

`/proc/loadavg` give me three indicators of how much work the system has done during the last 1, 5 & 15 minutes. How can i get a list of load averages that each averaged over the last minute for 10 minutes? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navidlog
2 Replies

5. Solaris

SAR averages question

Hi all Bit of a silly question, but if I run sar to get the CPU stats (something like this): sar -u 300 1 The figures that are returned, is it in the above case the average over 300 seconds, or does it just wait for 300 seconds before obtaining the readings? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kinetik
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking the averages of columns with deletion of some lines

Hi, I am in stage of post processing some of my results. I wanted to plot the data against the three axis x,y,z. The data file is quite complicated and i have to take the average of x, y,z over different steps of my test. A typical file look like below: Time taken:4s No.of series : 3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: begin_shell
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Sparc Solaris 10 load averages

our server is running oracle database, it has: load average: 1.77, 1.76, 1.73 using only one cpu. is that too high? thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
4 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calculating Total and Averages with awk Commands & Scripts

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write an awk script(company.awk) for the workers file to find the number of workers of each departman, total... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedJohn
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk- Pivot Table Averages

Hi everyone, Has anyone figured out yet how to do pivot table averages using AWK. I didn't see anything with regards to doing averages. For example, suppose you have the following table with various individuals and their scores in round1 and round2: SAMPLE SCORE1 SCORE2 British ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geneanalyst
6 Replies
qmail-users(5)                                                  File Formats Manual                                                 qmail-users(5)

NAME
qmail-users - assign mail addresses to users OVERVIEW
The file /var/lib/qmail/users/assign assigns addresses to users. For example, =joe.shmoe:joe:503:78:/home/joe::: says that mail for joe.shmoe should be delivered to user joe, with uid 503 and gid 78, as specified by /home/joe/.qmail. Assignments fed to qmail-newu will be used by qmail-lspawn to control qmail-local's deliveries. See qmail-newu(8). A change to /var/lib/qmail/users/assign will have no effect until qmail-newu is run. STRUCTURE
/var/lib/qmail/users/assign is a series of assignments, one per line. It ends with a line containing a single dot. Lines must not contain NUL. SIMPLE ASSIGNMENTS
A simple assignment is a line of the form =local:user:uid:gid:homedir:dash:ext: Here local is an address; user, uid, and gid are the account name, uid, and gid of the user in charge of local; and messages to local will be controlled by homedir/.qmaildashext. If there are several assignments for the same local address, qmail-lspawn will use the first one. local is interpreted without regard to case. WILDCARD ASSIGNMENTS
A wildcard assignment is a line of the form +loc:user:uid:gid:homedir:dash:pre: This assignment applies to any address beginning with loc, including loc itself. It means the same as =locext:user:uid:gid:homedir:dash:preext: for every string ext. A more specific wildcard assignment overrides a less specific assignment, and a simple assignment overrides any wildcard assignment. For example: +:alias:7790:2108:/var/lib/qmail/alias:-:: +joe-:joe:507:100:/home/joe:-:: =joe:joe:507:100:/home/joe::: The address joe is handled by the third line; the address joe-direct is handled by the second line; the address bill is handled by the first line. SEE ALSO
qmail-pw2u(8), qmail-newu(8), qmail-lspawn(8) qmail-users(5)