Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Configure network connectivity as guest O.S under vmware Post 302943443 by rbatte1 on Friday 8th of May 2015 10:55:01 AM
Old 05-08-2015
I'm not sure that they show up unless you have configured them and assigned an IP address.

What have you installed?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

unable to connect to solaris guest in vmware

hi All, I require your help and suggestion in this. I have a solaris 10 (guest) installed on a vmware and my host OS is windows 2003 server. i am trying to conenct to the solaris 10 from my local Pc through putty, but unable to connect. please advice what setup or prerequitsites are required to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bathija
4 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Cmd to start guest in VMware server 2.0

Is there any command in VMware Server 2.0 to poweron/start the guests like we have vmware-cmd ESX server 3.5 .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Connectivity between Solaris 10 in VMWare and windows Host

I have installed Open Solaris 10 on VMware which is hosted on Windows XP, my PC. I would like to have a connection between Solaris and Windows, so that i can SSH/Telnet from windows to Solaris. I don't have any Internet connection. Please help me with the network connection settings i have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsachin245
3 Replies

4. Linux

Interesting challenge getting SSH from outside to my VMWare guest

Hi, I'm working on getting more acquainted with VMWare and the SUSE SLES OS, so I've downloaded and created a guest running SLES 11 SP1. This works great, no problems. However, there's some funny-ness (is that a word?) when I'm attempting/testing to SSH from outside my local LAN into the guest.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brightstorm
3 Replies

5. Linux

Unable to configure in VMWARE

Hi All, I installed Red-hat linux(64bit-x86) os on vmware 8,configure IP address and services but it is unable to come in to network.it is production server. please provide solution to me , it is very urgent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VMware Solaris Guest - How do I boot from CD?

Hello, I have a Solaris 10 x86 VM and I am trying to access the Solaris install menu. I have the ISO set to connect on startup, and I can see that it is mounted in my system. But when I power on the VM, the GRUB menu comes up and I only have the option of booting Solaris. Also I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris x86 guest in vmware workstation

I swear I have no other devices on the vmnet 192.168.142.2, but after I configured one of the solaris x86 os, I kept getting warning ..node xx xxxxx have our ip addresss 192.168.142.2, and it scrolled thru it forever .. I tried to boot it into single user mode , still having the same issue.. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
1 Replies
APT-SHOW-VERSIONS(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     APT-SHOW-VERSIONS(1p)

NAME
apt-show-versions - Lists available package versions with distribution DESCRIPTION
apt-show-versions parses the dpkg status file and the APT lists for the installed and available package versions and distribution and shows upgrade options within the specific distribution of the selected package. This is really useful if you have a mixed stable/testing environment and want to list all packages which are from testing and can be upgraded in testing. apt-show-versions uses caching for the status information of installed and available packages. If you run apt-show-versions as root the cache is updated as needed. If you run as non-root uses the newest available information, but can't update the cache. If you run as root with the option -i the cache is initialized or updated only. SYNOPSIS
apt-show-versions [-h] [[-p] package name] [-a] [-b] OPTIONS
If you don't give any options the status of all installed packages is printed. -p package, --package=package Print available and installed versions for specified package. You can also specify a package name without the option -p. If -p and a package name are missing, all installed packages are displayed. -r, --regex interpret package from option -p as a regex. -R, --regex-all like --regex, but also show matching packages which are not installed -u, --upgradeable Print only upgradeable packages -a, --allversions Print all available versions of the selected packages -b, --brief Print only package_name/distribution for upgradeable packages -v, --verbose Prints out messages about which Package files are parsed. -i, --initialize Initialize or update package cache only (as root). Do this every time when the status of the installed or available packages has changed. Initialization is done automatically on installation of the package and via a cron.daily job. -stf file, --status-file=file Use file as the dpkg status file instead of /var/lib/dpkg/status -ld directory, --list-dir=directory Use directory as path to apt's list files instead of /var/state/apt/lists/ or /var/lib/apt/lists/ -h, --help Prints out command-line help. EXIT CODES
0 No error 1 Wrong usage 2 apt-show-versions has been called with exactly one package and upgradeable option set, but package is uptodate. As no output has been requested, this case gets signaled using the exit code. 255 Unspecified error EXAMPLES
If you want to know for all your installed packages whether they are uptodate or upgradeable, use: apt-show-versions If you want to have a list of all upgradeable packages: apt-show-versions -u To get a list of all available versions of libc6: apt-show-versions -a -p libc6 To get information about several packages: apt-show-versions dpkg apt apt-show-versions -r ^texlive To upgrade all packages in testing: apt-get install `apt-show-versions -u -b | fgrep testing` AUTHOR
Christoph Martin, martin@uni-mainz.de SEE ALSO
apt(8), dpkg(1) perl v5.14.2 2012-10-26 APT-SHOW-VERSIONS(1p)