Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [FUN] Get some stats of your project/s Post 302943255 by sea on Wednesday 6th of May 2015 08:50:40 PM
Old 05-06-2015
[FUN] Get some stats of your project/s

Heya

Ever wanted to have some basic stats of your projects?
Like:
Code:
./stats.sh 
########################################
	Project stats for "tui"
260 kb	in bin
24 kb	in conf.etc
12 kb	in conf.home
32 kb	in docs/samples
176 kb	in docs/wiki
280 kb	in docs
192 kb	in man
1984 kb	in screenshots
12 kb	in templates/manpage
32 kb	in templates/scripts
12 kb	in templates/usr
64 kb	in templates
36 kb	in themes
13 folders with a total of 3116 kbytes
Spread across 190 files, there are:
Lines Total: 		 14542
Comment lines: 		 2409
Blank lines: 		 201
Avrg lines p. file: 	 76

Was created using these few lines:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
#
#	Vars
#
	LINER="########################################"
	COMMENTS=0
	LINES=0
	BLANKS=0
#
#	Action
#
	echo "$LINER"
	echo -e "\tProject stats for \"$(basename $PWD)\""
# Size
	echo "$LINER"
	for DIR in * ; do [ -d "$DIR" ] && LIST+=" $DIR" ; done
	du $LIST  | awk '{print $1" kb\tin "$2;SUM=SUM+$1} END {print NR" folders with a total of "SUM" kbytes"}'
# Files
	echo "$LINER"
	FILES=$(find|grep -ve ".git" -ve ".jpg"| wc -l)
	echo "Spread across $FILES files, there are:"
# Lines
	for F in $(find|grep -ve ".git" -ve ".jpg")
	do	[ -f "$F" ] && \
			COMMENTS=$(( $COMMENTS + $(grep ^"#" "$F" | wc -l) )) && \
			LINES=$(( $LINES + $(cat "$F" | wc -l) )) && \
			BLANKS=$(( $BLANKS + $(grep ^[[:space:]]$ "$F" | wc -l) ))
	done
# Summary
	echo -e "Lines Total: \t\t $LINES"
	echo -e "Comment lines: \t\t $COMMENTS"
	echo -e "Blank lines: \t\t $BLANKS"
	echo -e "Avrg lines p. file: \t $(( $LINES / $FILES ))"

I wanted to share it when i wrote it, but figured i didnt.

Have fun

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Fun with FreeBSD

Fun With Automounting on FreeBSD Link: Nice tips for FreeBSD Unix. http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200202/automounting.html (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
2 Replies

2. Solaris

SSH doesn't pick up user's project from /etc/project

We have a system running ssh. When a user logs in, they do not get the project they are assigned to (they run under "system"). I verify the project using the command "ps -e -o user,pid,ppid,args,project". If you do a "su - username", the user does get the project they are assigned to (and all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurgan
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

fun scripts

Lets get a list of everyones funny scripts (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamieMurry
8 Replies

4. Solaris

what is the use of /etc/project file and project administration commands?

i have two doubts.. 1. what is the use /etc/project file. i renamed this file and when i tried to switch user or login with some user account the login was happening slowly. but when i renamed it to original name it was working fine... why so? 2. unix already has useradd and grouadd for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

5. News, Links, Events and Announcements

A new project was posted on The UNIX and Linux Forums project board.

A new project was posted on your project board. Project title: Bash Shell Tutoring Estimated Budget: $50/hr Start date: Immediately Required skills: Linux, Bash, Shell, UNIX I work as a datawarehouse designer and developer. Although I usually stick to the role of an analyst,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FINDING DUPLICATE PROJECT ( directory project )

I have a project tree like that. after running find command with the -no -empty option, i am able to have a list of non empty directory DO_MY_SEARCH="find . -type d -not -empty -print0" MY_EXCLUDE_DIR1=" -e NOT_IN_USE -e RTMAP -e NOT_USEFULL " echo " " > $MY_TEMP_RESULT_1 while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
echo(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    echo(3XCURSES)

NAME
echo, noecho - enable/disable terminal echo SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int echo(void); int noecho(void); DESCRIPTION
The echo() function enables Echo mode for the current screen. The noecho() function disables Echo mode for the current screen. Initially, curses software echo mode is enabled and hardware echo mode of the tty driver is disabled. The echo() and noecho() functions control soft- ware echo only. Hardware echo must remain disabled for the duration of the application, else the behavior is undefined. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
No errors are defined. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getch(3XCURSES), getstr(3XCURSES), initscr(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), scanw(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jun 2002 echo(3XCURSES)