Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace delimeter between quotes with \| using sed or awk Post 302943005 by BrahmaNaiduA on Monday 4th of May 2015 02:04:57 PM
Old 05-04-2015
Linux Replace delimeter between quotes with \| using sed or awk

I've a pipe delimited data in a file of size 3GB. if the text data conatins pipe delimiter that will be enclose with double quotes. I have to replace delimiter which exists between double quotes with #%@#%@#%@ using awk or sed. can some one provide a better and efficient solution to me.
The below snippet code which I used is taking longer time to execute the file.

Code:
awk {if(NR%2-1)gsub(/\|/,"#%@#%@#%@"); else if(!NF) $0=RS $0}1 RS=" ORS=

Code:
123456789|"SYN|THESIS MED CHEM PTY. LTD."|C||100.00|22|"AB""C|Corp"|"""XYZ"|"CDEF"""|""|""'

Result:
Code:
123456789|"SYN\|THESIS MED CHEM PTY. LTD."|C||100.00|22|"AB""C\|Corp"|"""XYZ"|"CDEF"""|""|""'

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 05-04-2015 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: code tags (mod:also for script)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replace spaces between quotes with a variable

I have lines with: elseif (req.http.host ~ "^(www.)?edificationtube.com$|www.edificationtube.org www.edificationtube.net edificationtube.org www.edificationtube.com edificationtube.net") { elseif (req.http.host ~ "^(www.)?collegecontender.com$|www.collegecontender.com collegecontenders.com... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: EXT3FSCK
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace double double quotes using AWK/SED

Hi, I have data as "01/22/97-"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa""aaa""aabbbbbbbbcccccc""zbcd""dddddddddeeeeeeeeefffffff" I want to remove only the Consequitive double quotes and not the one which occurs single. My O/P must be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK or SED. Need to replace the commas between double quotes in CSV file

Hello experts, I need to validate a csv file which contains data like this: Sample.csv "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 I just need to check if all the records contain exactly the number of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace space and tab to pipe delimeter

I have file like below abc 12 34 45 code abcdef 451 1 4 code ghtyggg 4 56 3 code I need to change this to abc|12|34|45|code| abcdef|451|1|4|code| ghtyggg|4|56|3|code| I tried replace space with | in sed ... but in the middle some row has... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find and replace Double quotes between pipes

Hello, Need a AWK command to find and replace Double Quotes in Pipe delimited files Actully its a CSV file converted to Pipe but the double quotes still exists. So i want to Get rid of them. Example Input 1|2|3|sadsad|"Abc Efg 3"""|dada Output 1|2|3|sadsad|Abc Efg 3"|dada Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krux_rap
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace string that contain blackslash,double quotes

Hi All, I have been trying to replace a string using the sed command string value contain blackslash and double quotes. I am not a expert writer of unix script but do try not to ask question. I have almost given up. Hope you all can give me some suggestion I want to replace a place string... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thanush9sep
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Double quotes within double quotes in a column with space while loading a CSV file

Hi All, I'm unable to load the data using sql loader where there are double quotes within the double quotes As these are optionally enclosed by double quotes. Sample Data : "221100",138.00,"D","0019/1477","44012075","49938","49938/15043000","Television - 22" Refurbished - Airwave","Supply... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlavanya
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk substr delimeter

Hi All, I have an awk command that uses the substr function - At the moment I know the length of the values so can use the example below i.e substr(i,0,1) However in future these lengths may change so wondered if you can use a delimiter within a substr? Like in bash you could use cut -d ';',... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ads89
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace every second instance of delimeter

Hi, Need help on replacing every second instance of delimeter. Scenario: var="Name1,Value1,Name2,Value2,Name3,Value3,Name4,Value" I want every second "," to replace with "|" I tried like below echo $var| sed 's/,/|/2' But, it's not working. Expected output: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed command to replace consecutive double quotes

I need to replace consecutive double quotes in a csv file, the data in the file is enclosed in double quotes but there are some places where the quotes are repeating Example is below Incoming data is : "Pacific Region"|"PNG"|"Jimmy""|""| Need output as: "Pacific... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
10 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)