Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Dig only returns MX records in +trace mode Post 302942532 by cjcox on Wednesday 29th of April 2015 12:41:08 PM
Old 04-29-2015
They work for me. For that domain. Maybe something is getting blocked on your side??

If this is from a Linux host, try the "host" command as well:

Code:
host -t mx fnb.co.za.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dig

what is dig? Is it just a advanced type of nslookup? how to use it? //nicke:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nicke30
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

The dig command

Can I use two different DNS servers in the one command in the form of primary and secondary. Take this for example: dig @<primaryAddress> @<secondaryAddress> MX domain.tld So if primary address is down, it will use the secondary address as a backup. It seems to work when testing, but thought... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neil_is_ere
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is the difference between single line mode and multiline mode in Regular expressions?

Hi All, Can please let me know what is the difference between the single line mode and multi line mode in regular expresions? Thanks, Chidhambaram B (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidhu.anu
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DIG uses localhost

Hi, I have these entries in the /etc/esolv.conf: ------------ domain xxxxxx search yyyyyy nameserver 127.0.0.1 nameserver aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa nameserver bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb ------------- When I use 'dig' or 'nslookup' command, like 'dig yahoo.com' it uses the localhost as the server. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ascii Mode appending extra records to csv file

I am relatively new to this forum and Unix scripting. ksh script: part 1 :will call a PL\SQL program will create 3 CSV file at the unix directory. part 2 : will sftp the files to the EFT server. Once the EFT server receives these file , it will transfer them to a shared windows folders. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: developerpa
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Playing with whois & dig - getting all the a records (globally)

Dear All, I want to get all the IPs of the A RECORDS for mail.google.com. The aim is to deny access to these IPs. I learnt that mail.google.com has several IPs. I did the following steps: 1. whois google.com 2. I got the following as its DOMAIN SERVERS: 3.# dig @ns1.google.com a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolatt
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

DNS: Dig returns different responses...

Hey everyone, Okay, so I've been having some fun with the dig command, and wanted to dig my old school. Two questions came up from this. So I: dig @8.8.8.8 +recurse njcu.edu ANY and the result is about 8 records, including the SOA record. One of them is this weird TXT record, and the other is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dig match

Hi, I am testing some code to match a grep to see if one of the dns server exists but it does not seem to match: ERROR: ======= CRITICAL: google.com DNS : ns3.google.com NOT found CODE: ===== if ; then echo "OK: google.com DNS : ns3.google.com exists" else echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmccabe
5 Replies

9. HP-UX

From a C++ application how to find if a hpux host is in standard mode or trusted mode

is there a way for my C++ application to find out which mode the hpux OS is running in? standard mode or trusted mode. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: einsteinBrain
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Iscsiadm command returns error 'no records found'

Hi there, I'm currently working on an exercise to connect to a Windows iscsi target via a Red Hat initiator machine. I'm using Windows Server 2012 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux v7.1 I have created the target on the Windows Server box and the two devices can communicate with each other. Verified... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tech87
3 Replies
yppoll(1M)						  System Administration Commands						yppoll(1M)

NAME
yppoll - return current version of a NIS map at a NIS server host SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/yppoll [-d ypdomain] [-h host] mapname DESCRIPTION
The yppoll command asks a ypserv() process what the order number is, and which host is the master NIS server for the named map. OPTIONS
-d ypdomain Use ypdomain instead of the default domain. -h host Ask the ypserv process at host about the map parameters. If host is not specified, the NIS server for the local host is used. That is, the default host is the one returned by ypwhich(1). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ypwhich(1), ypfiles(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 yppoll(1M)