Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Tree command does not print properly Post 302940778 by radoulov on Thursday 9th of April 2015 02:45:52 AM
Old 04-09-2015
Try:
Code:
LC_ALL=C tree

This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to output the results of the AT command - properly!

Hi, I am new to UNIX and I am more used to simple commands like those in VMS. One of them is the ability to get the output from a job using the /out=<file> command in VMS. I want to submit a job (a set of unix commands) using the AT command but to get the output in a file like that used in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SpanishPassion
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tree command

In DOS, to get the complete directory structure, we use 'TREE' command.. can anyone tell me what is the equivalent command in Unix I am using SunOS ABC 5.8 Generic_117350-18 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wip_vasikaran
1 Replies

3. Solaris

What command can display files in a tree?

Is there a command that displays a certain path of files in a tree just like the dos command 'tree'? (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
17 Replies

4. Programming

c++ code to print a tree using stl map

hi all, i need c++ code to print a binary or non binary tree using stl map.... please help me to find the same.......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidyaj
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tree command

How can i install tree command in ubundu without root ? I have found some shell script which does the same job as tree but i would like to get all the options in tree command thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Likely charset issue with tree command?

Hi All I'm using a tree command in a script that for me outputs:- | - - DIRECTORYNAME However a different user is getting the following output:- aaa (actually with an umlat above them) DIRECTORYNAME I'm not sure where this could be coming from, any ideas anyone? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Tree as alias command

Hi, I have this command: ls -R | grep ":$" | sed -e 's/:$//' -e 's/*\//--/g' -e 's/^/ /' -e 's/-/|/' Works nicely to show the current file structure as a tree. I'd like to have it as an alias in '' but doesn't work just like that and I can't fix it with backslashes: alias tree='?' ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: borobudur
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on ps tree listing command - Linux/Solaris

Hi all, Can any guru please help on how I can tweak the following ps command so that it only shows the lines that I wanted. $ command ps -HAcl -F S -A f F S UID PID PPID CLS PRI ADDR SZ WCHAN RSS PSR STIME TTY TIME CMD 4 S root 1 0 TS 24 - 2592 ? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date command is not working properly

Hi, in my script, i take the last month by a=$(date --date '1 month ago' +%Y%m) i expect that it give me in this month "March" as result 201402, but linux gave me 201403. IMPe@ABC123:> ~/date --date '1 month ago' +%Y%m 201403 i'm reasonably confused. Any idea? Thanks in advance, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print not working properly

Hello friends, There is one requirment where I need to login into database environment and pull all schema names into a text file ... as of now below are the schemas available... $> describe keyspaces; system_schema system_auth system abc system_distributed system_traces Now from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
4 Replies
LIBDOODLE(3)						     Library Functions Manual						      LIBDOODLE(3)

NAME
libdoodle - multi-suffix tree based file search library 0.7.0 SYNOPSIS
#include <doodle.h> typedef void (*DOODLE_Logger)(void * context, unsigned int level, const char * message, ...); typedef struct { char * filename; unsigned int mod_time; } DOODLE_FileInfo; typedef void (*DOODLE_TreeCallback)(const DOODLE_FileInfo * fileinfo, void * arg); unsigned int DOODLE_getFileCount(const struct DOODLE_SuffixTree * tree); const DOODLE_File * DOODLE_getFileAt(const struct DOODLE_SuffixTree * tree, unsigned int index); struct DOODLE_SuffixTree * DOODLE_tree_create(DOODLE_Logger log, void * context, const char * database); void DOODLE_tree_set_memory_limit(struct DOODLE_SuffixTree *tree, size_t limit); void DOODLE_tree_destroy(struct DOODLE_SuffixTree * tree); int DOODLE_tree_expand(struct DOODLE_SuffixTree * tree, const unsigned char * searchString, const char * fileName); int DOODLE_tree_truncate(struct DOODLE_SuffixTree * tree, const char * fileName); int DOODLE_tree_dump(FILE * stream, struct DOODLE_SuffixTree * tree); int DOODLE_tree_search_approx(struct DOODLE_SuffixTree * tree, const unsigned int approx, const int ignore_case, const unsigned char * ss, DOODLE_ResultCallback * callback, void * arg); int DOODLE_tree_search(struct DOODLE_SuffixTree * tree, const unsigned char * substring, DOODLE_ResultCallback * callback, void * arg); DESCRIPTION
libdoodle is a library that provides a multi-suffix tree to lookup files. The basic use is to create a suffix tree, add some keywords (associated with a file), search the tree and finally free the tree. libdoodle features code to quickly serialize the tree into a compact format. In order to use libdoodle, client code first creates a tree (passing a callback function that will log all error messages associated with this tree and the name of the database) using DOODLE_tree_create. The tree can then be searched using DOODLE_tree_search or DOO- DLE_tree_search_approx (which requires additional processing with DOODLE_tree_iterate to walk over the individual results). The tree can be expanded with new search strings (DOODLE_tree_expand) and existing matches can be removed with DOODLE_tree_truncate. It is only possi- ble to remove all keywords for a given file. With DOODLE_getFileAt and DOODLE_getFileCount it is possible to inspect the files that are currently in the tree (and to check if their respective modification timestamps, useful for keeping track of when an entry maybe outdated). Finally the tree must be released using DOODLE_tree_destroy. This writes the changes to the disk and frees all associated resources. Example code for using the complete libdoodle API can be found in doodle.c. If jni.h was found when libdoodle was compiled, libdoodle will contain methods that allow Java code to directly use libdoodle. See org.gnunet.doodle.Doodle for Java code providing an interface to lib- doodle and for a sample main method that demonstrates searching the doodle database from Java. SEE ALSO
doodle(1), extract(1), libextractor(3) LEGAL NOTICE
libdoodle and doodle are released under the GPL. BUGS
There is at least one known bug, but nobody was able to reproduce it yet. But in general things work fine. :-) REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to mantis <https://gnunet.org/bugs/> or by sending electronic mail to <christian@grothoff.org> AUTHORS
doodle was originally written by Christian Grothoff <christian@grothoff.org>. AVAILABILITY
You can obtain the original author's latest version from http://grothoff.org/christian/doodle/. libdoodle Jan 1 2010 LIBDOODLE(3)