Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support How to provide password for rsync in shell script? Post 302940581 by sea on Tuesday 7th of April 2015 10:37:38 AM
Old 04-07-2015
Code:
PROCNAME=`basename $0 | awk -F"." '{print $1}'`

Fills the variable PROCNAME with the basename (without path if existed), uses a dot as field seperator, and used the first part of the filename which was limited by dot/s.

Code:
export LOG_DT=`date '+20%y%m%d'`;

Fills and exports the variabe LOG_DT with the value of date, though should have used %Y rather than 20%y

Code:
export LOG_TM=`date +'%H%M'`.log;

Similar as above but with time, and appending the .log extension to the string.

Code:
export FCTN_LIB=${ARCH_BIN_DIR}/function_library.sh

Fills and exports the variable FCTN_LIB with the (undefiend) variable ARCH_BIN_DIR, and appending the filename function_library.sh.

Code:
. ${FCTN_LIB}

Sourcing the above defined file.

Code:
export LOG=${LOG_DIR}/${PROCNAME}.${LOG_DT}${LOG_TM}

Finaly the LOG variable gets filled and exported by appending the above strings together.

Code:
export PFILE=${PROCNAME}.ksh_param

Yet another PFILE variable, which is named the same as the script beeing executed, but having .ksh_param extension, rather than what was originaly.

Code:
PGM=${PROCNAME}

Fill another variable with the basename without file extension to PGM.

Code:
clear

Clear the screen, not that anything was printed yet...

Code:
trap 'errhandle_se_je 1' 1 2 3 15

Trying to trap a function, which was not defined in the given code, while passing 1 2 3 15.
There seems an error, as the first 1 is inside the quote to the function, which probably will cause the function to fail, since its quote, and since there is a space inside the quotes.
Code:
A=${1:-0}
B=${2:-0}  
C=${3:-0}

Filling variable A,B,C with the values of passed arguments 1,2,3 while cut off the 0 tailing chars.

Code:
D=${4:-30}
E=${5:-270}

Same as above, but cutting off 30 (D) or 270 (E) tailing chars (from the right!)

Code:
F="$CDD/${PROCNAME}_dups.bad

Fills the variable F with undefiend variable CDD as path and using PROCNAME (not PGM with the same content) and yet another file extension: .bad.

Hope this helps to get you started

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

provide a user password from a script

Hi all, passwd <username> < /var/adm/passwd.txt cat /var/adm/passwd.txt abcd1234 abcd1234 when I run this from the script, it comes with: New password: It is not able to pick from the location /var/adm/passwd.txt. thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change root password using shell script with standard password

Hi Friends. I am new to scripting now i want to change the root password using the script with standard password. which is the easy scripting to learn for the beginner, Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to provide "answers" to SSL Cert Request

Hello, I need assistance with creating a shell script to generate SSL Certificate Requests on remote hosts. Below is my stab at this, but I cannot figure out how to pass the requested arguments into the openssl command correctly. I have a major problem with redirecting the "answers" into the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azvelocat
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync - storing password in script

Hello, I wish to store the password in an rsync script so that when prompted it just enters the password. I know I can set up passwordless logins, but I have never been able to do this on this particular server so I am resorting to storing the password in the script: rsync -avz -e ssh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stuaz
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a shell script for rsync to remote server?

Hello, Can you help me to write a shell script for rsync a folder from my server to remote server ? i do this in ssh by this command : rsync -avz -e ssh /copy/me/ login@serverip:/where/to i want have a shell script that do this command. and you know that this command ask remote... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Desperados
0 Replies

6. Programming

How to provide password to the prompt through Java

Hi All, I am using Ubuntu machine with JDK 6. I am running following command on shell- sudo ./somecript . Now, it prompts for sudo password and I provide the sudo password on shell and "somescript" starts running with sudo permissions. What I want to do is, I need to execute... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaibhim
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How the user will provide the parameters for Oracle db connection in a shell script?

I'm new into unix. My question: is possible to write a shell script which will ask for the ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID, USERNAME, PASSWORD to connect to Oracle db. In generally we have to set the ORACLE_HOME in .profile file. And after putting the 'sqlplus' command it asks for the username &... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: priya001
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Provide Password using to the application using the shell script

Hello, I have a requirement to shut down and start up my application on different environments (Dev, QA and Prod). I have around 24 servers. I have to login to each server manually for shutinng down the application. I wrote a shell command on each server and I am invoking those shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GDSR Raju
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to provide password?

Hi , I am trying to unzip some file in a dir using shell script ,but it prompts for password to unzip those files ,how would i provide the passoword in the script it self (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can any one provide shell script for this ...

• With this script, users will be able to o Enter into the recycle bin mode. During this mode, all files deleted will be sent to the recycle bin. The recycle bin will be common to all users. o View contents of the recycle bin (his/her file(s) only). o Retrieve a particular file from the recycle... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavana busetty
3 Replies