Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk - OFS printing duplicate. Why? Post 302939946 by quincyjones on Tuesday 31st of March 2015 06:07:01 AM
Old 03-31-2015
Thanks but what about this ?
Code:
'{$1 = $1}1'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OFS in awk

Hi, I have these out put field seperator changed to "|" in my awk command, but it didn't give me the result. Can someone help me find out why? ======================================= /bin/awk 'BEGIN { OFS="|" } { print $0 }' list.tmp.$$ > listtmp.$$ =======================================... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whatsfordinner
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

OFS in awk.

OFS is inbuild command in awk. I have a file file.txt abc : def : ghi jkl : mno: pqr stu : vwx :yzz code i used: awk -F ":" 'BEGIN {OFS="|"} {print $1,$2}' file.txt output: abc def jkl mno stu vwx but as i have used OFS="|" and i am expecting output as: abc | def jkl... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salil2012
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - OFS

Hi All, I have a comma seperated delimited file with 10 columns. I need to convert it into TAB seperated delimited file. awk -F"," '{print $1"\t"$2"\t"$3"\t"$4"\t"$5"\t"$6"\t"$7"\t"$8"\t"$9"\t"$10}' a.txt >> b.txt how to use OFS to get the same output. I have tried by googling, but it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML in awk : OFS does not work as expected

Hi, I am trying to parse regular XML file where I have to reduce number of decimal points in some xml elements. I am using following AWK command to achive that : #!/bin/ksh EDITCMD='BEGIN { FS = ""; OFS=FS } { if ( $3 ~ "*\\.*" && length(substr($3,1+index($3,"."))) == 15 ) {... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: martin.franek
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with AWK and OFS

I have a file that looks like this: Infile.seq I want to output the DNA sequence and add the filename as the identifier. The output file should look like this: I am using the following code but I do not understand why the sequence is not in the output: awk 'BEGIN { RS =... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk OFS issues

Hi Im trying to tidy up the output of a who command when it writes to a log, everything I've tried doesnt seem to work though, any help would be massively appreciated. Im using the awk command to set the OFS as tab. #!/bin/bash who >> /export/home/tjmoore/logusers awk -F 'BEGIN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02JayJay02
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk OFS issues

Hi, Could anyone tell me what Im doing wrong here any help will be much appreciated #!/bin/bash ls -ltr /export/home/tjmoore > /export/home/tjmoore/log100 awk -F " " /export/home/tjmoore/log100 'BEGIN {OFS="\t";} {print $1,$2,$3,$4,$5, $6,$7,$8,$9;}' > /export/home/tjmoore/log1001 I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02JayJay02
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OFS in awk

Hello, I have an issue with adding commas as delimiters in this scenario: cat xtr3.rpl|head -5|awk 'BEGIN {OFS=","} {print $1,$2,$3,$4}' Produces this output: 00530083,0000000471,000000000000.00,000000000000.00 00530085,0000000471,000000000000.00,000000000000.00... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIA651
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

OFS print awk

file: sasa|asasa|asasa|asas erer|Erer|rere|ererer Output needed : sasa:asasa:asasa:asas erer:Erer:rere:ererer Im getting output, when i use the $1,$2. awk -F'|' 'BEGIN{OFS=":";} {print $1,$2; }' file Output : sasa:asasa erer:Erer But when i need the whole column, i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramesh M
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

OFS does not apply to few records in awk

Hi , I am having a problem with my awk oneliner , which for some reason leaves the first two records Input File $ cat file1 A1:B1:C1:NoLimit M1:M2:M3:Limit A2:B2:C2,C3,C4,C5 A3:B3:C3,C4,C5,C6,C7Desired output A1,B1,C1,NoLimit M1,M2,M3,Limit A2,B2,C2 ,,,C3 ,,,C4 ,,,C5 A3,B3,C3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
5 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux