Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending email in shell script Post 302939134 by RavinderSingh13 on Monday 23rd of March 2015 05:09:07 AM
Old 03-23-2015
Hello Ramkumar15,

check /var/log/maillog or /var/log/messages if you're on *nixOr, on *nix, look in /etc/syslog.conf to see where else those log messages might be getting sent to, hope this may be helpful to you.

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending email from KSH unix script.

Hi Need guidance on including code to mail a couple of files atached with some subject and mail body !!.. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosh0623
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending attachments using email through shell script

Hi all, I have written a shell script which sends emails with attachments to our clients. All our attachments are simple flat files (.txt format). The script is working fine and sending the attachments to the mail-ids except that, when i am sending the attachments to non-outlook users (Like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: symhonian
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email sending through a shell script

Hi everyone, I have a shell script that I use to send some emails with attachments. Based on the attachment file that is being sent, I choose the recipient. My file_list.txt looks like this CAJ.txt;sm@email.com KXLD.txt;jc@email.com I do a grep on this file to look for the file name and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: memonks
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a shell script in cron...email not sending - help??

I am pretty new to Unix shell scripting, but wondered if anyone could help (in layman's terms if possible!!) :) I have a shell script which ultimately sends an alert to an email address if part of a batch of programs fails. Here's the script that sends the email: Script: 6check.csh... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjhorwood
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending email from a ksh script

hi all, i have a ksh script which is meant to send an email with an attachment. i use the following command to send email /usr/bin/uuencode $logFn $logFn | /usr/bin/mail -s "restoration results" $EMAILTO; where '$logFn' is the name of the file including the full path e.g... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for sending automatic email to personal mail id

hi guys, I need a shell script to send mail automatically to my personal mail id like xxxx@hotmail.com but while experimenting with "mail" command I faced following problems. cat text1.txt | mail -s 'test mail' xxxx@hotmail.com command successfully executed but while checking for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Configure gmail in linux shell for sending email

Hello, i have a problem sending emails in the command line. I have introduced this command: sendEmail -f my.account@gmail.com -t myself@domain.tld \ -u this is the test tile -m “this is a test message” \ -s smtp.gmail.com \ -o tls=yes \ -xu usernameonly -xp mypasswd but then i received... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: limadario
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email from shell script

Hi, I need to send email from a shell script. i echoed some information to a file and i am doing cat command in the email syntax thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocky1954
2 Replies

9. AIX

Sending script output as email

Hi i have a script which executes daily through cron. The output of the script is appended to a log file everyday It also emails me the output of the logfile as we have the mailx command in the script The below is my requirement : Normally When I get the email it sends the entire content... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using top command to email if process is exceeding 25% and sending an email alert if so

This is my first time writing a script and Im having some trouble, Im trying to use the top command to monitor processes and the amount of CPU usage they require, my aim is to get an email if a process takes over a certain percentage of CPU usage I tried grep Obviosly that hasnt worked, Any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay02
8 Replies
SCRIPT-EMAIL(8) 					  System Administration Commands					   SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)

NAME
script-email - Amanda script to send email notifications DESCRIPTION
script-email is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It sends a notification email to the addresses specified in the MAILTO property. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control script-email's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. MAILTO List of email addresses that will receive an email on command execution. It is a multi-valued property: property "MAILTO" "amanda@domain.com" "sysadmin@domain.com" "amandauser@domain.com" EXAMPLE
In this example, script-email is scheduled to be run before the DLE, on the server. The unqualified email address amanda will be passed to the email system unchanged. The script is then attached to a dumptype, which can then be specified for any DLEs which require notification. define script-tool pre-email { comment "email me before this DLE is backed up" plugin "script-email" execute-on pre-dle-backup execute-where server property "mailto" "amanda" } define dumptype user-tar-email { user-tar script "pre-email" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)