Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple input and save in windows format Post 302938856 by RudiC on Thursday 19th of March 2015 02:25:25 PM
Old 03-19-2015
That depends on the shell you are using. In a recent bash try reading into an array:
Code:
IFS="," read -a TArr <<<"c.79G>A,c.283G>A"
echo ${#TArr[@]}
echo ${TArr[@]}
c.79G>A c.283G>A

and loop through the array.

BTW, help me out - what are your intentions here:
Code:
                   printf "%s\n" "$variant" > c:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/$id.txt
# add transcript     sed -i '$a NM_004004.5:' c:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/$id.txt
       printf "NM_004004.5:%s\n" "$variant" > c:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/$id.txt

You create a file, the transcript is commented out, and then you overwrite the newly created file? Quite misleading for the reader ... I'd propose to get your act together and streamline the script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Save Excel file as .txt in UNIX format

I have some files created in Excel that have to be saved as .txt files in order to load them into our accounting system. I can save the files as .txt files through Excel, but I then have to open them in TextPad and do a save as to change the Format from PC to UNIX. Is there a way to skip this step... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jroyalty
2 Replies

2. Hardware

<power save [ input 1 ]>

hello on my ultra 5 (under debian) obp since I activated an error saving mode display. Since it starts and displays <power save >, then this is prologue to sleep for hours. i can ejecting the cdrom works, I hear the fans .... I have not access of OpenBoot (stop + a). can i do an hard... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: philo_71
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add data from 2 input files and save it in 1 output file

Hi, i have 2 input files which are file1.txt and file2.txt. I need to extract data from file1.txt and file2.txt and save it in file3.txt like example below:- File1.txt ID scrap1 Name scrap1 start 1 end 10 ID scrap2 Name scrap2 start 11 end ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting windows format file to unix format using script

Hi, I am having couple of files which i used to copy from windows to Linux, so now in case of text files (CTRL^M) appears at end of line. I know i can convert this windows format file to unix format file by running dos2unix. My requirement here is that i want to do it automatically using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open Text file input data and save it.

Hi Guys, I have blank file A.txt I will run the script xyz.sh First i want to open a.txt file... Now i will enter some data like XYZ ABC PQR .. Save it and keep continue my script.... END of my script. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the input from user and save it as .txt file

Hi friends, I am pretty new to shell scripting, please help me in this Scenario. for example, If I have one file called input.txt once I run the script, 1.It has to delete the old input.txt and create the new input.txt (if old input.txt is not there, no offence, just it has to create a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padmanabhan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save input as text in directory

I am having a little trouble with some things using the code below: 1. printf "Enter variant: "; read variant The user enters the variant and that value is used in the python script. However, I am not sure how to save that value inputed as a text file in a specific directory... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input password to bash script, save, and enter when needed

I am looking for a way to start a script and have it prompt for a password that will be used later on in the script to SSH to another host and to SFTP. I don't want the password to be hard coded. Below is my script with the actual IP's and usernames removed. #!/usr/bin/expect -f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrass
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to save a file directly into windows from UNIX?

Hi, How can i save a file directly into my windows file system by running a shell script from my unix file system. I need to fetch data from a database and save it in a file. Since the data downloaded from database is huge, if i save it in the unix file system, the space in my home directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Seen Windows pc, having all the features of Linux, could exe, read and edit save like windows

Hi, totally new to linux base using windows when started learning and using computers. but i remember that one pc was there , look alike windows desktop, but could not do the task as windows just click and open and view edit etc. But, you could do a little differently even saving in and opening... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jraju
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)