Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare size of one file with other file in Linux Post 302938847 by hemantakhandare on Thursday 19th of March 2015 01:11:56 PM
Old 03-19-2015
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare file size after ftp?

Is possible if I want to campare file size on source and destination after ftp transfer? If anybody know, please explain to me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: icemania
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare file size from a output file from a script

Hi guys, firstly I'm working on SunOS 5.10 Generic_125100-10 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 I've made a script to compress two directory and then send them to an other server via ftp. This is working very well. Inside theis script I decide to log usefull data for troubleshooting in case of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: moustik
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare size of two file which is in one directory

I have two file in a Directory.I want a script which will compare the Size of Two file. Can Anyone Help me on this: linasplg11:/opt/dataout/kk/linasplg11 # cat size -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16658 Jan 8 13:58 lina_IP_SIP_1231325621210.xml -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 16672 Jan 8 14:30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to write a script to compare the file size in the current directory and previous dir

hi, i am new to this site. i want to write a script to compare the file size of the files in the current dir with the files in the previous directory. the files name will be same, but the filename format will be as xyzddddyymm.txt. the files will arrive with the month end date(i want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tweety
5 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Linux Centos 5.4 BTMP file size

Dear fellows, I have Centos 5.4 linux with DNS server, all logs are normal, in my /var/log/ btmp files is getting larger day by day. What is this btmp file for? How can i reduce the file siez or control file size. Waiting. MAZ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there any way to find the compressed size of a file without compressing it in linux

i need to backup a directory from one partition to another and and compress that directory after backing up, so i need to predict the compressed size of the directory with out actually compressing it, to check whether the space is available in the destination partition to accommodate the zipped... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kesavan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PSFTP- Compare file size

Hi, I'm using PSFTP to transfer files from one machine to a virtual machine with UBUNTU OS installed on it. I'm trying to find a way to make sure the files that I'm uploading / downloading are being uploaded/ downloaded properly. I want to compare the size of the local file and the remote... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sessie
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Compare file size and delete the smaller

I am pretty new to scripting, so I appreciate your advice in advance. The problem: 100 directories each containing 2 files that have the same extension with random names. The only attribute that discriminates the files is size. I would like to write a script that compares the files for size... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JC_1
6 Replies

9. Linux

File size limitation in Linux

Hi friends, I tried to take a backup of my PC using tar command. But it ended with an error tar: /home/backup/back.tar.gz: Cannot write: No space left on device tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now But i checked the disk space and there is enough space is available. ]# df Filesystem... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva3492
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file size and then copy/overwrite

// Redhat I have this code working, but need to add one more qualification so that I don't overwrite the files. #!/bin/sh cd /P2/log/cerner_prod/millennium/archive/ for f in * do || continue #If this isn't a regular file, skip it. && continue #If a backup already... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
2 Replies
sccs-comb(1)							   User Commands						      sccs-comb(1)

NAME
sccs-comb, comb - combine SCCS deltas SYNOPSIS
comb [-os] [-csid-list] [-psid] s.filename... DESCRIPTION
comb generates a shell script (see sh(1)) that you can use to reconstruct the indicated s.files. This script is written to the standard output. If a directory name is used in place of the s.filename argument, the comb command applies to all s.files in that directory. Unreadable s.files produce an error; processing continues with the next file (if any). The use of `-' as the s.filename argument indicates that the names of files are to be read from the standard input, one s.file per line. If no options are specified, comb preserves only the most recent (leaf) delta in a branch, and the minimal number of ancestors needed to preserve the history. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -o For each `get -e' generated, access the reconstructed file at the release of the delta to be created. Otherwise, the recon- structed file is accessed at the most recent ancestor. The use of -o can decrease the size of the reconstructed s.file. It can also alter the shape of the delta tree of the original file. -s Generate scripts to gather statistics, rather than combining deltas. When run, the shell scripts report: the file name, size (in blocks) after combining, original size (also in blocks), and the percentage size change, computed by the formula: 100 * ( original - combined ) / original This option can be used to calculate the space that is saved, before actually doing the combining. -csid-list Include the indicated list of deltas. All other deltas are omitted. sid-list is a comma-separated list of SCCS delta IDs (SIDs). To specify a range of deltas, use a `-' separator instead of a comma, between two SIDs in the list. -pSID The SID of the oldest delta to be preserved. FILES
s.COMB reconstructed SCCS file comb????? temporary file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsprot | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sccs(1), sccs-admin(1), sccs-cdc(1), sccs-delta(1), sccs-help(1), sccs-prs(1), sccs-prt(1), sccs-rmdel(1), sccs-sccsdiff(1), what(1), sccs- file(4), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Use the SCCS help command for explanations (see sccs-help(1)). BUGS
comb might rearrange the shape of the tree of deltas. It might not save any space; in fact, it is possible for the reconstructed file to actually be larger than the original. SunOS 5.11 30 Jun 2007 sccs-comb(1)