Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX After using @, line breaks for a particular user in shell Post 302938055 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 11th of March 2015 02:38:02 PM
Old 03-11-2015
Here is a little script that sets the terminal control characters to "normal" values.
Code:
# useful for HP-UX
stty sane
stty erase "^h" intr "^c" kill "^u" susp "^z" eof "^d"

You can list extra values with
Code:
stty

and all terminal values with
Code:
stty -a

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing line breaks from a shell variable

Here is my snippet of code... getDescription() { DESCRIPTION=$(dbaccess dncsdb - << ! 2>/dev/null|sed -e 's/hctt_description//' -e '/^$/ d'|tr -d '\r' select hct_type.hctt_description from hct_type,hct_profile where hct_type.hctt_id=hct_profile.hctt_id and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie ? Need Help with If/Then & Line Breaks...

I hope this makes sense, but I need help with what is indicated with %%, below : A.) ####List active servers and send to file#### # ps -ef | grep jboss | grep sh | awk '{if ($14) {print $12;}else {print $11}}' | sort > /export/home/kthatch/script_results client302 client306 client309... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kthatch
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

any better way to remove line breaks

Hi, I got some log files which print the whole xml message in separate lines: e.g. 2008-10-01 14:21:44,561 INFO do something 2008-10-01 14:21:44,561 INFO print xml : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <a> <b>my data</b> </a> 2008-10-01 14:21:44,563 INFO do something again I want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csmklee
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell replacing space with line breaks

I'm parsing through a large lslpp -Lc output file with a for loop. The file contains many lines similar to this: zip:zip-2.3-3:2.3: : :C:R:A file compression and packaging utility compatible with PKZIP.: :/bin/rpm -e zip: : : : :0: There appears to be no specialized or secret markup in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mshulman1980
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with wc and line breaks

Hi everyone, I have gone through the forum trying to find an answer to this question but was unsuccessful. I am hoping that someone can help me with this please. I am trying to get my script to recognise line breaks from a file and to give me a result for wc of each line. So basically, if you... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stargazerr
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line breaks in csv file using shell script

Hi All, I've a csv file in which the record is getting break into 1 line or more than one line. I want to combine those splits into one line and remove the unwanted character existing in the record i.e. double quote symbol ("). The line gets break only when the record contains double... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajak.net
4 Replies

7. Programming

Clean and keep line breaks

Hello, I want to keep line spaces in comments but clean more then 2 after each. Example: $sentence="This is my first sentence This will be in a new row This will be too in a new row but not separated with 3line breaks just with one "; And i want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AimyThomas
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop breaks on yes/no user input

I have a shell script, and its pretty much done, I decided to add a loop that ends or continues depending on user input. like "would you like to continue?" and if I hit y or yes it will run the loop again until I hit n or no and breaks out of the loop. To be hones I didn't think I needed to add... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demon_Jester
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Page breaks and line breaks

Hi All, Need an urgent solution to an issue . We have created a ksh file or shell script which generates 1 DAT file. the DAT file contains extract of a select statement . Now the issue is , when we are executing the ksh file , the output is coimng with page breaks and line breaks . We have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaskant
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] read 'line' issue with leading tabs and virtual line breaks

Heyas I'm trying to read/display a file its content and put borders around it (tui-cat / tui-cat -t(ypwriter). The typewriter-part is a 'bonus' but still has its own flaws, but thats for later. So in some way, i'm trying to rewrite cat using bash and other commands. But sadly it fails on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)