Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Location and name of SYSLOG in SUSE Linux Post 302937916 by JDBA on Wednesday 11th of March 2015 03:09:50 PM
Old 03-11-2015
In /etc/auditd.conf script
  1. Does this option 'space_left_action = SYSLOG' send log messages to SYSLOG?

2. Does this option 'space_left_action = EMAIL' send log messages to SYSLOG and email accounts specified?
Thanks,

---------- Post updated at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:56 PM ----------

I think I got the answers for these 2 questions.

---------- Post updated 03-11-15 at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous update was 03-10-15 at 03:09 PM ----------

When I restarted auditd I get a message saying 'exit status of parent...' as below. I expected to see 'Starting auditd' only. Is this normal?
Thanks,

Code:
 XXXXX:/#/etc/init.d/auditd restart

Shutting down auditd
 Starting auditd startproc; exit status of parent of /sbin/auditd: 6

---------- Post updated at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:19 PM ----------

Found the answer.

Last edited by rbatte1; 03-11-2015 at 03:02 PM..

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

suse linux 6.4-8.1

i need some help from somone familiar with suse linux. i am wanting to update my suse linux 6.4 box to suse linux 8.1. i am trying to do it with yast. and i want to do it via ftp. now, to do this the first thing i need to do is change my source media settings in yast, right now it is the cdrom.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
3 Replies

2. SuSE

Suse LINUX

What is the equivalent of sun explorer in suse linux? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

3. Linux

SUSE Linux

i'm new linux ... after reboot ...... my keyboard is notworking automatically boot ..... after few mins Waiting for mandatory devices: eth-id-00:10:a7:08:cb:4b 12 11 9 8 7 5 4 3 1 0 eth0 interface could not be set up failed Setting up service network . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
2 Replies
audit_data(4)							   File Formats 						     audit_data(4)

NAME
audit_data - current information on audit daemon SYNOPSIS
/etc/security/audit_data DESCRIPTION
The audit_data file contains information about the audit daemon. The file contains the process ID of the audit daemon, and the pathname of the current audit log file. The format of the file is: pid>:<pathname> Where pid is the process ID for the audit daemon, and pathname is the full pathname for the current audit log file. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample audit_data file. 64:/etc/security/audit/server1/19930506081249.19930506230945.bongos FILES
/etc/security/audit_data ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
audit(1M), auditd(1M), bsmconv(1M), audit(2), audit_control(4), audit.log(4) NOTES
The functionality described on this manual page is internal to audit(1M) and might not be supported in a future release. The auditd utility is the only supported mechanism to communicate with auditd(1M). The current audit log can be determined by examining the configured audit directories. See audit_control(4). The functionality described on this manual page is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. SunOS 5.10 14 Nov 2002 audit_data(4)