Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Help in ksh Script to list files older than 365 days from specified directories Post 302936688 by Don Cragun on Friday 27th of February 2015 05:16:04 AM
Old 02-27-2015
What didn't work with what was suggested in your other thread?

Why do you need a separate file for each directory? Why not just include full pathnames of all of the files you want to delete in one file?

Why do you need two scripts when you can create the list and remove the files in a single find command?
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove files older than 30 days except directories

Hi, I need to remove files (*.trc) which are older than 30 days from one location. My problem is there I do not want to visit any of the directories at that location. I want to search files at that particular location only (need to skip directorys at that location). maxdepth option is there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
6 Replies

2. Red Hat

Find files older than 30 days in directories and delete them

Hi, I have dummies questions: My script here can find the files in any directories older than 30 days then it will delete the files but not the directories. I would like to also be able to delete the directories that hold old files more than 30 days not just the files itself. find . -type f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for parsing directories one level and finding directories older than n days

Hello all, Here's the deal...I have one directory with many subdirs and files. What I want to find out is who is keeping old files and directories...say files and dirs that they didn't use since a number of n days, only one level under the initial dir. Output to a file. A script for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

List the files which are older than 7 days

Hi Frnds, I have to list the files which are older than 7 days in the given directory. it should consider only the files and should not show subdirectories. Thanks, Raja (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smr_rashmy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to remove files older than 60 days

Hi I need help in the script which looks at a contorl file which has a list of file names like xxxx.12345 and I want to take only xxxxx and search in a specific directory and remove the file if its older than 60 days I have written something like this.. but seems to be wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: antointoronto
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding directories older than 5 days

Hello, Motive: Search all directories which are older than 5 days. Example: consider following directory structure: abc/dir1 abc/dir1/dir abc/dir2 abc/dir3 abc/dir3/temp Suppose dir1 and dir3 are 5 days older. Then I am looking for a command which lists abc/dir1 and abic/dir3 only so that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mytempid07
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List files older that 7 days in a dir, excluding all subdirs

Hi, I would like to list all files, older than 7 days, in a directory, but exclude all subdirectories in the find command. If I use find . -type f -mtime +7 all files in the subdirs are also included. How can I exclude them? Regards, JW (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwbijl
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compress the directories which is older than 7 days?

Hi all, how to compress the directories which is older 7 days. If any one knows please help me this is urgent. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameshpagadala
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List and Delete Files which are older than 7 days, but have white spaces in file name

I need to list and delete all files in current older which are olderthan 7 days. But my file names have white spaces. Before deleting I want to list all the files, so that I can verify.find . -type f -mtime +7 | xargs ls -l {} But the ls command is the working on the files which have white... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files older than 10 days.

Hello all, I want to list the files older than 10 days. Currently am using find ./ -mtime +10 -exec ls -ltr {} \; command. But I want to execute the same command in 16 directories at a time and want an output asking to remove those file? Please help me to design the script. regards, Ajay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02Ajay
3 Replies
PEGASUS-REMOVE(1)														 PEGASUS-REMOVE(1)

NAME
pegasus-remove - removes a workflow that has been planned and submitted using pegasus-plan and pegasus-run SYNOPSIS
pegasus-remove [-d dagid] [-v] [rundir] DESCRIPTION
The pegasus-remove command remove a submitted/running workflow that has been planned and submitted using pegasus-plan and pegasus-run. The command can be invoked either in the planned directory with no options and arguments or just the full path to the run directory. OPTIONS
By default pegasus-remove does not require any options or arguments if invoked from within the planned workflow directory. If running the command outside the workflow directory then a full path to the workflow directory needs to be specified or the dagid of the workflow to be removed. pegasus-remove takes the following options: -d dagid, --dagid dagid The workflow dagid to remove -v, --verbose Raises debug level. Each invocation increase the level by 1. rundir Is the full qualified path to the base directory containing the planned workflow DAG and submit files. This is optional if pegasus-remove command is invoked from within the run directory. RETURN VALUE
If the workflow is removed successfully pegasus-remove returns with an exit code of 0. However, in case of error, a non-zero exit code indicates problems. An error message clearly marks the cause. FILES
The following files are opened: braindump This file is located in the rundir. pegasus-remove uses this file to find out paths to several other files. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
PATH The path variable is used to locate binary for condor_rm. SEE ALSO
pegasus-plan(1), pegasus-run(1) AUTHORS
Gaurang Mehta <gmehta at isi dot edu> Jens-S. Vockler <voeckler at isi dot edu> Pegasus Team http://pegasus.isi.edu 05/24/2012 PEGASUS-REMOVE(1)