Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Changing date time will cause the X11 restart Post 302936236 by dannychan on Tuesday 24th of February 2015 05:02:47 AM
Old 02-24-2015
Thanks all!! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Creation Date to a Prespecified Date of a File In Unix

Dear Expert, Is there a command to do that in Unix? In such a way that we don't need to actually "write" or modified the content. -- monkfan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Time and date on Virtual server

Hello Everyone I am running a Sunos 5.10 Generic_138888-02 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise machine with more than one virtual servers are on this box. My question is possable to change the date and time on the virtual server without change the time on the main server? Thanks Peter (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peterh
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting string date time to unix time in AWK

I'd like to convert a date string in the form of sun aug 19 09:03:10 EDT 2012, to unixtime timestamp using awk. I tried This is how each line of the file looks like, different date and time in this format Sun Aug 19 08:33:45 EDT 2012, user1(108.6.217.236) all: test on the 17th ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkkid
2 Replies

5. Solaris

modifying date and time and time zone on solaris 5.10 with (redundant server) veritas

I have a cluster of two Solaris server (veritas cluster). one working and the other is standby I am going to change the date on them , and am looking for a secure solution as it is giving an important service. my opinion is that the active one doesn't need to be restarted (if I don't change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barry1946
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding time to date time in UNIX shell scipting

I needed some help in adding a duration (in seconds) to a start time (in hhmmss format) and a start date (in mmddyy format) in order to get an end date and end time. The concept of a leap year is also to be considered while incrementing the day. The code/ function that I have formed so far is as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: codehelp04
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying current date time of EDT in IST time

Hi Folks, My server time is in EDT. And i am sending automated mails from that server in which i need to display the current date time as per IST (GMT+5:30). Please advice how to display the date time as per IST. IST time leads 9:30 mins to EDT. and i wrote something like below. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Touch - changing date and time

Hi, I am facing a problem with the command - TOUCH on Linux. See the example below: File on Linux: rw-rw-r-- user1 user1 Jan 01 09:00 test.txt The file - test.txt was created by the user - user1. Now, I want to change the date and time, but using other user - user2 The user2... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: brjohnsmith
12 Replies

9. Red Hat

NTPD service restart and time synch

I am using ntpd service to sync our RHEL 5.9 system to synch with GPS clock. When I change the RHEL system time more than 7 seconds than the present system time (through "Datetime" command), ntpd service does not adjust the system time to the present GPS time.But if the time is with in 7 seconds,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Changing CSV files with date . Subtracting date by values

Hi All, I have a CSV file which is as below. Basically I need to take the year column in it and find if the year is >= 20152 . If that is then I should subtract all values by 6. In the below example in description I am having number mentioned as YYWW so I need to subtract those by -5. Whereever... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
8 Replies
gdm-restart(1m) 						   User Commands						   gdm-restart(1m)

NAME
gdm-restart, gdm-safe-restart, gdm-stop - stop or restart GDM SYNOPSIS
gdm-restart gdm-safe-restart gdm-stop DESCRIPTION
gdm-restart stops and restarts GDM by sending a HUP signal to the GDM daemon. This command immediately terminates all sessions and logs out users currently logged in with GDM. gdm-safe-restart stops and restarts GDM by sending a USR1 signal to the GDM daemon. GDM is restarted as soon as all users log out. gdm-stop stops GDM by sending a TERM signal to the GDM daemon. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gdm-restart Executable to stop and restart GDM /usr/bin/gdm-safe-restarExecutable to stop and restart GDM safely /usr/bin/stop Executable to stop GDM ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-display-mgr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gdm(1), gdmXnestchooser(1), gdmflexiserver(1), gdmphotosetup(1), gdmsetup(1), gdmthemetester(1), gdmconfig(1m) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 1 Sep 2004 gdm-restart(1m)