Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware USB power cycling poblem on RPI Post 302935947 by Corona688 on Friday 20th of February 2015 12:15:10 PM
Old 02-20-2015
...and you certainly do not need all of Python to do this. Just do this:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

while true
do
        hub-ctrl -h 0 -P 2 -p 0
        sleep 1
        hub-ctrl -h 0 -P 2 -p 1
        sleep 1
        lsusb
done

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Power Cycling

Hello Friends , I have been reading some of the Sys Admin notes when i came across a term "Power Cycling" Can anybody please explain what this means Thank You (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DPAI
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How Can I To Power Off My Computer?

I have a SCO UNIX 5.0.6. and a computer ATX. My Question is: How can i to power off my computer without to push the power button? :confused: Please help me. :( Thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vhabalos
1 Replies

3. AIX

How to tell Power 4/5/6

I'm looking for a way - from the command line - to tell whether a given AIX system I have is a Power5, Power4 or Power6 machine - it seems like there would be an option to 'uname' but I couldn't find one. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomn8r
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Poblem with libX11.so.4

good evening everyone i am getting this library problem with intel platform architec :confused: after installing the entire sun-5.10 with a hard configuration intel945chipset core2dual processor & 2GB ram with disk sapace of 40gb. after install the entire os my machine is rebooting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravinder singh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH switches editin modes when cycling through history. Why?

Hello all, Working in KSH using Solaris, the default editor is VIM. So, per session, I run a small rc script which calls export editor=emacs This works for commands at the prompt. But if I cycle through command history (Using the up arrow) the command line editor defaults to VIM. How can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eggmatters
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

WGET cycling on an updating page

Hello, I am experiencing an issue while downloading a few pages using wget. All of them work without a problem except one which is a page that does a tail on the log and as a result is constantly getting updated. wget here seems to run endlessly and needs to be manually killed. I wanted to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prafulnama
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB-USB cable between linux and windows computers

Is there an easy way to setup a cross-over cable (USB-USB) between a linux box and a windows PC? My 2 machines are next to each other but I really do not want to keep transfering my files using my USB drive. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies

8. IP Networking

Is bond0 ready and a bonding interface? - 4G Bonding Router Problems (RPI)

HI all, First post on the forum, and my first proper project on the Paspberry Pi, so sorry if this is in the wrong place. I am trying to turn my Pi in to a 3G/4G Bonding router. I have been researching and trying this for a week or so now. The basic plan is to have up to 6 ZTE MF823 USB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: elliottlc
0 Replies
lsusb(8)							Linux USB Utilities							  lsusb(8)

NAME
lsusb - list USB devices SYNOPSIS
lsusb [ options ] DESCRIPTION
lsusb is a utility for displaying information about USB buses in the system and the devices connected to them. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Tells lsusb to be verbose and display detailed information about the devices shown. This includes configuration descriptors for the device's current speed. Class descriptors will be shown, when available, for USB device classes including hub, audio, HID, communi- cations, and chipcard. -s [[bus]:][devnum] Show only devices in specified bus and/or devnum. Both ID's are given in decimal and may be omitted. -d [vendor]:[product] Show only devices with the specified vendor and product ID. Both ID's are given in hexadecimal. -D device Do not scan the /dev/bus/usb directory, instead display only information about the device whose device file is given. The device file should be something like /dev/bus/usb/001/001. This option displays detailed information like the v option; you must be root to do this. -t Tells lsusb to dump the physical USB device hierarchy as a tree. This overrides the v option. -V, --version Print version information on standard output, then exit successfully. RETURN VALUE
If the specified device is not found, a non-zero exit code is returned. FILES
/var/lib/usbutils/usb.ids A list of all known USB ID's (vendors, products, classes, subclasses and protocols). SEE ALSO
lspci(8), usbview(8). AUTHOR
Thomas Sailer, <sailer@ife.ee.ethz.ch>. usbutils-007 6 May 2009 lsusb(8)